Chapter 38

Fifteen Angels

The rest of the vacation passed smoothly without any further incidents.  The story that Sofia suggested to Jung Hoon passed.  He even took it a step further, saying that she had no interest in any of the members and vice versa.  However, tensions between Sungmin and Ryeowook rose.  It finally reached a peak a few days after they returned home from their vacation.  It started when Sungmin came back from schedules and said a simple hello to Sofia.

"Annoyung Sofia.  How was your day?" Sungmin greeted her when he came home.

"It was fun.  I spent the day with Ryeowook oppa." replied Sofia, curling into Ryeowook's side.

"Where's my greeting hyung?" asked Ryeowook sarcastically.

"I didn't see you." said Sungmin coldly.

"That's a lie and you know it." accused Ryeowook, glaring at him.

"At least I can protect people." said Sungmin testily.

"And what's that suppossed to mean?" asked Ryeowook angrily, jumping up.

"It means that I can protect your girlfriend better than you ever could." taunted Sungmin.

That last taunt was all it took for Ryeowook to lose the last of his rationale.  He lunged towards Sungmin with a raised fist that collided with Sungmin's jaw.  Sungmin staggered backwards, blood seeping out of his lower lip.  When he recovered, he charged at Ryeowook.  They both crashed to the floor, Sungmin straddling Ryeowook.  The fighting continued with fists and kicks flying everywhere.  Sofia could only watch in horror as her boyfriend and one of her good friends beat each other up.  Thankfully, the door opened and revealed the other members.  They quickly took in the scene before them and then there was a blur of movement.  Han Geng and Siwon pried Sungmin off Ryeowook while Kangin and Shindong helped Ryeowook up before restraining him.  Leeteuk stood between the two, hands on his hips and a livid expression on his face.

"Lee Sungmin and Kim Ryeowook!  Explain yourselves!  NOW!" yelled Leeteuk.

"Sungmin insinuated that I couldn't protect Sofia.  That he could be a better boyfriend than me just because he knows martial arts." said Ryeowook.

"Yah!  You left something out!" shouted Sungmin.

"You don't deserve to be called hyung!" Ryeowook shot back.  This caused Sungmin to struggle against Siwon and Han Geng.

"Enough!  Sungmin, is it true you said that?" asked Leeteuk.

"Yes, because it is true.  Ryeowook is just jealous." stated Sungmin with a smirk.

"I am not!" shouted Ryeowook.

Their bickering continued and Leeteuk pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.  He noticed that Sofia had left the room sometime during the commotion.  Leeteuk turned back to the situation at hand.

"Yesung and Kyuhyun, take Ryeowook and Sungmin to their rooms and treat their injuries.  I'm going to talk to Sofia." said Leeteuk, walking towards Sofia's room.

Kangin, Shindong, Han Geng, and Siwon let go of Ryeowook and Sungmin.  Yesung and Kyuhyun led them to their respective rooms.  Ryeowook suffered a shallow gash just above his eyebrow, a black eye, and bruises around his face.  Sungmin, meanwhile, had a split lip, a bloody nose, and an ugly bruise on his jaw.

 

Author's note: Chapter 38 is done!  Next update will be tomorrow!  COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)