Chapter 42

Fifteen Angels

A week had never been so nervewracking and agonizing.  Sofia and Ryeowook were walking on pins and needles.  Many times, one or more members would catch them pacing in various parts of the dorm.  Finally, the day arrived for Sofia to recieve the results of her tests.  Ryeowook once again had a schedule, but Sofia promised to call him after she found out.

"Jagiya, I wish I could come with you." said Ryeowook sadly.

"I know yeobo.  I want you there too.  I'll call you though." promised Sofia.

"Arraseo.  Saranghae." Ryeowook told her.

"Saranghae." Sofia repeated befor Ryeowook pulled her in for a long and loving kiss.

"I have to go now.  Call me.  If I don't pick up, leave a message." Ryeowook said after they pulled apart.

He walked out of the dorm with the other members.  Leeteuk told Sofia that Kangin and himself were taking her once again and that they would be back that afternoon.  Sofia busied herself with her laptop.  She told her friends a few days ago and they were supportive that she was finally getting help for some of her issues.  Soon, she grew bored of web surfing and resumed the pacing that she had been doing for the past week.  Various worst case scenarios passed through her head.  Sofia didn't even hear the door open when Leeteuk and Kangin came back.

"Sofia, its time to go." said Leeteuk, gently gripping Sofia's shoulders so she would stop pacing.

"Arraseo." said Sofia, getting her shoes and slipping them on.

The car ride was silent and filled with nervousness.  No one even bothered to turn on the radio.  Sofia quietly fidgeted in the backseat, wondering what the results were and what it would mean for her life.  Kangin made eye contact with her in the rear view mirror.

"Don't worry about it so much.  Its probably something minor." Kangin said in an attempt to ease Sofia's nervousness.

"Thanks Kangin oppa.  You're probably right." Sofia said, unconvinced.

Kangin sighed.  It was then that he realized how nervous Sofia was about the test results.  They arrived at the clinic a few minutes later.  The same receptionist was working and gave them a small smile in recognition.  She told them to take a seat and that the doctor would be with them shortly.  True to her word, the doctor appearred a few minutes later and led them to a private office.

"So, are you guys ready for the results?" asked the doctor.

"Yes.  I've been walking on pins and needles all week." said Sofia.

"Okay.  I'll start with the blood test.  It actually might give you the answer to your headaches." said the doctor, grabbing a file and thumbing through some papers.

"Oh good.  The headaches are so painful." said Sofia, smiling a little.

"Here it is.  It turns out that you have a very low iron level in your blood." he said, looking at one of the papers.

"So, what does that mean?" asked Leeteuk, prompting him to elaborate.

"It means that Miss Park is anemic." said the doctor bluntly.

"A-anemic?" asked Sofia in disbelief.

"Yes.  It explains your headaches,  What I want you to start doing is start taking an iron supplement or a multivitamin." he explained.

"We'll make sure she will.  Now what about the other test?  The one for asthma?" asked Kangin.

The doctor's expression turned grave.  "The test came back positive.  The reason that her anxiety attacks are so serious is also because of the anemia.  The heart starts pumping more to speen up blood flow.  Since her iron count is so low, on the borderline of dangerous, it has an effect." he explained.

Leeteuk, Kangin, and Sofia sat there in shock.  So this is why her attacks were somewhat severe.

"S-so what do we do about the asthma?" asked Sofia.

"I'm going to give you an inhaler for emergencies." he said.

"Okay.  Thanks." said Sofia, still in shock and staring at the inhaler that the doctor had just given her.

They walked out of the clinic and to the car.  Once Kangin started driving, Sofia took out her phone and dialed Ryeowook's number.  Silently she prayed that he would pick up.

 

Author's note: Chapter 41 is done!  Who saw the picture Henry posted on his Twitter for Heechul's birthday???  IT HAS HEECHUL, YESUNG, AND HENRY IN IT, BUT HEECHUL IS COVERING HIS FACE!!!!!!!!!  Also, who saw the teaser for Super Junior's Japanese song "Hero"?  All I have to say is that Ryeowook looks damn y and I can't wait for the release!  Feels a bit weird without Teukie, but I'll get used to it.  Anyways, next update will be on Saturday night.  COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!  :)

The picture for those who haven't seen it:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BO0ec7eCQAAcWKX.jpg