Chapter 81

Fifteen Angels

Haneul easily outran Zane, seeing as how Haneul was in track and cross country in high school and ran daily.  Sofia had given him Super Junior's address after they made up.  He found it easily and didn't stop running until he reached the front door.  After catching his breath, he knocked and hoped someone would answer.  Thankfully the door opened and Haneul was face to face with a husky man.

"Can I help you?" he asked, widening his eyes at Haneul's disheveled appearance.

"Yes.  Sofia's in danger.  Zane kidnapped her." Haneul babbled and stopped when the man held up a hand.

"Come inside and explain.  My name is Shindong in case you're wondering." he said as he ushered Haneul inside.

"You!" Ryeowook gasped and glared at him.

"Ah, I see she told you." Haneul said sadly.

Ryeowook briefly explained what Sofia told him about Haneul.  After he was done, Haneul told him what happened after Zane knocked her out.  Everyone in the room gave Haneul mixed glances, as if judging him for his actions in the past.

"How do we know you won't do the same thing to us if things go badly when we go to rescue Sofia?" Heechul asked warily.

"I swear I won't bail.  Before the whole Zane ordeal, Sofia and I were really close." Haneul said, a bit of pleading in his voice.

"Alright.  We'll help you." Leeteuk said before Heechul could retort.

As they figured out their rescue plan, Ryeowook never let Haneul leave his range of sight.  He still didn't trust him and, even though Sofia may have forgiven him, he still hadn't.  After the resue plan was finalized, Ryeowook made sure Haneul and himself were the last two out of the dorm.  He pulled Haneul off to the side so the others wouldn't hear.

"If you abandon us during the rescue or go to Zane's side, I will personally make sure you regret it for the rest of your life." threatened Ryeowook as he grabbed Haneul's collar and brought his face close to his.

Haneul swallowed and nodded his head, thoroughly frightened Ryeowook would make good on his threat.  Ryeowook smiled at his expression and let him go so they could catch up with the others.  Haneul stopped Ryeowook in his tracks with his his next couple sentences.

"Ryeowook-ssi, I can tell you really love her.  If you decide to marry her, you have my blessing.  Just take of her." Haneul said.

"Thanks and, just so you know, I already intended to make her my wife with or without your blessing." Ryeowook said over his shoulder and gave Haneul a genuine smile.

They reached the rest of the group and, after a short lecture from Leeteuk, they headed to the abandoned warehouse where Sofia was being kept prisoner of hell by an incarnation of the devil.

 

Author's note: Chapter 81 is done!  Next update will be on Friday.  I am off on Saturday, but I'm not sure if I'm going to update or not because on Friday night, I'm doing a volunteer job at my old high school and I have to stay up the entire night.  I'm chaperoning an event called the Volleyball Marathon and its an all night thing.  I'm not even coming home until like 6:30 or 7 in the morning and I'll be a zombie the whole day on Saturday.  COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)