An Explosion

Leaders!

It was a hot summer when the senior high students olympiad started. All best students in science and technology, art, sport, and leadership were gathered in a team, representing their schools. It’s the most prestigious student olympiad throughout the nation, and the winner would get great benefits and respect from all schools. Six days in a week, and two schools were in the final battle. Super High School VS KM High School.

Kyuhyun won easily in a blink of eyes against Siwon in science and technology competition. Kibum showed his best in martial art competition against Sungmin. Dark atmosphere and spectators scream in horror covered the stadium when Yesung, Prince of darkness, entered the line joining the athletic competition, causing goosebumps all over Zhoumi.  Yesung won easily as the wheather turned bad as the wind and ashes started to fill Jinwoon’s line. Leeteuk cheered the loudest seeing Heenim won against Donghae in Idol boy competition. Those schools got series in point.

Leeteuk was really sure that his school would won easily against KM, hearing that he would face their female leader, even infamous one. He just never predicted that in this leadership survivor last battle, he HAD TO work as a team with his own rival... Kang Sora. In fact they had to help each other.

When Sora appeared in front of Leeteuk for the first time, face in face, he just simply never thought that this girl would be that tall and a bright strength was shining on her eyes. He could notice her dimple when she smiled at him, giving her hand for him as they shook their hands. He started to appreciate her knowing how easy she could accept and share his ideas to escape from the small island  they had to survive and how she added some amazing idea. He never knew she could climb before. Their teamwork was just perfect.

But thing got wrong when Leeteuk made a mistake in counting their time. It only two minutes late, and the boat was gone by the wave. If only he heard her advice to turned to the other path, they would have arrived on time. They quarreled before deciding the shortest way. It was the first time she looked at him with anger and left him swimming.  Leeteuk was a great swimmer, but Sora was a damn great swimmer.

Leeteuk was nearly at his end. He got really bad cramp on his stomach when the beach line was so close. He was drowned but a hand pull him out and saved him when he lost his consciousness. Sora did CPR in a worry, she kept calling his name, while waiting for the rescuer. When Leeteuk finally choked out the water and gained his consciousness, the first thing he saw was her relief smile.

“! I thought you’ll die!”

“Thanks... “he smiled. Soon, he’s trying to regain his full power and started to stand up, still smiling at her. But his smile dissapeared quickly remembering that that was the final battle and the rescuer team started to come. If the jury knew this case, he would lost the battle. Leeteuk didn’t know what came accross his mind, a wicked thought emerged. Looking at her radiant face in awe, he grabbed her neck, and pulled her lips against his and kissed her, right when the rescuer team arrived!

Sora pushed him roughly and punched him right on his face “ you!!!! What did you do???!!!” she screamed.

“I...I  just wanna say thanks.” He covered his wound.

“I’m sorry, miss, you’re disqualified. You’ve just broken one of our rules. No act of rudeness are permitted here.” one of the jury said.

She looked at the jury in anger and sighed.

“I...saved him from drowning.. and he stole my first kiss... how should i react???” she tried to control her tone.

“Should you punch me on my face by that?” Leeteuk stood up, trying to grab her arm gently,but Sora pushed him away.

“What did you expect me to do? Should I kiss you back?” she greeted her teeth.

“Excuse, miss. Once again, I’m sorry... that’s our rule. You may leave.” One of the jury reminded her once again.

Sora looked at Leeteuk in disgust “So that’s the way you say thank you? Didn’t your school teach you politeness? I will never forget this...” she hissed and left him.

Super High school was awarded with the first winner, Leeteuk cheered in triumph. He felt joy, but at the small part of his heart, he also felt guilty of...using her to win in a wrong way.

When the award ceremony was held, none of KM students attended. And that was the start of the real school battle.