chap 58

I Want You Only

“Well.. I honestly find it more surprising, to find myself not even surprised to see you here.. Choi Sooyoung..”

The tall young girl is standing still, daubting if she should voiced what she thought earlier. She even is doubting if the old lady would give her a hand.

Well, practically speaking, Mrs.Kim doesn’t have any reason why she should help her. And so, she is thinking for a better deal.

“..can I talk to you, Mrs.Kim?” she called. Sooyoung has never been close enough to ever call the old lady aunt Kim. She of course consider the old lady as one, but still the cold appearance from the lady created an obvious distance between her and all that people around her.

Stopping for whatever she did on the paper, Mrs.Kim intertwined her finger, placing it on the table, straightened her back “well.. you’re already here, anyway..” she said “take a seat..”

Sooyoung took a seat across Mrs.Kim, she let out a soft breath before she spoke “..I.. need your help..”

“Me?” Mrs.Kim asked, but her face remains expressionless.

“I have heard what they are planning to get me out from the company..” Sooyoung spoke “and they obviously have a reason for that..”

“Your parents?”

“Hmm.. it’s not really their idea actually..”

“So, it’s my other brother..”

Sooyoung nodded slightly before she continued “first, I only have forty percent of the company’s share..” she said “it basically made me into the director of the company.. but still, if all of you joined your share, it would be enough to get a new director..” she said “..what.. do you think about that, Mrs.Kim?”

“So, you’re worried that they might kick you out from the company?”

“Actually, I believe they have no right for doing so..” Sooyoung answered calmly “but since I can’t guess what their next moves.. it’s just kind of disturbing..” she said “I don’t have any intent to make this company as mine only.. I clearly know that this is a family company..” Sooyoung added “but I just want to make sure that I do as what grandma asked me to..”

Sooyoung wears a small smile, looking down, speaking quietly “at least, when I meet her up there.. I can tell her that I’m doing so good of what she asked me to do..” she added “that I, Choi Sooyoung, as her granddaughter, in the end never disappoint her..”

“Mrs.Kim, I just have a responsible to do..” Sooyoung said “and that’s all I need to do..”

Mrs.Kim went silent for a moment, looking at the young girl in front of her, before she spoke “..I.. don’t think that it has something to do with me..”

Sooyoung let out a quite sigh, before she added “another reason.. Mrs.Kim.. I’m an art performance student..” she said “I don’t have any business background..” she added “and it would be enough for them to gather all the company’s employee to chance the director..”

“Mrs.Kim.. out from three of you.. I know that it’s only you who is really determinate to get this company global..” Sooyoung spoke “and out from the three of you, it’s only your part, the businesses you’re handling that are progressing well..” Sooyoung explained “..mrs.Kim.. I need your help..”

“Why should I do that then? I don’t even get anything from this..”

“Of course, since I’m asking a favor from you.. how about we make a deal..”

“What can you offer me?”

“..Mrs.Kim, sorry for being rude, but I accidentally heard your conversation with Taeyeon just now..” Sooyoung said “I know why you want Taeyeon to take over your place..” she said “that because you don’t trust any of your brothers to take care of it, right?”

Mrs.Kim listened the young girl’s word, letting Sooyoung finished her words.

“I will worked hard..” Sooyoung determined “I promise you..” she said “by the time you want to retired.. mrs.Kim.. let me handling your part..” Sooyoung continued “I don’t need it as my share.. you can still let it under Taeyeon’s name..” Sooyoung said “but I will take care of the business you’re handling..”

And there, another silent fall between the two women.

“..Why? why are you going that far for taeyeon?”

“She is doing so much for me..” Sooyoung smiled “and this is just what I can do for her..” Sooyoung spoke quietly “..she is the one who give me home when I thought nobody want me.. the one who treat me as a family..someone whom I know that sincere when she says ‘I love you’ to me..”

“…do you know how hard it’s to handle a company? And you’re going to become the director..”

“That’s why, I said that I need your help, Mrs.Kim..” Sooyoung spoke “I won’t let you down… I promise..”

Mrs.Kim let out a soft sigh, leaning her back on the swivel chair, relaxing her stiff body.

“..that stubborn daughter of mine, keep on going against my words..” Mrs.Kim voiced “and since she is my only daughter.. I always find myself giving in whatever she wants.. I even let her keeping up the school..”

“No matter how many times I told her that I will stop supporting that school.. or telling her that I’m going to close the school..” Mrs.Kim mumbled “..I know that I could never bring myself to that line..” Mrs.Kim let out a weak smile “she must know that, that I only threatened her.. and that’s why, she keeps going against my words..”

“..to tell you the truth.. I already decided to give up about asking her to take over my place..” Mrs.Kim said, softened her gaze “I even already looking for someone to replace her..” she added, meeting Sooyoung’s eyes “and since I only have that one stubborn daughter.. I want to passed it on one of you.. my nephews or nieces…”

“But then, Siwon is so much into the entertainment business.. he is doing a good job by being a model, and I know he won’t let it pass, not when he started to gain the fame..”

“Minho is so into his football.. and with his ability, he obviously won’t stop until getting into the game..”

“Sulli is still too young.. she won’t focus much into this..”

“..and for you..” Mrs.Kim paused “..when grandma passed away.. I know that I have no choice but to remove you from my list..” Mrs.Kim said “..she obviously will passed her seat on you..”

“..but here you are.. offering me such a good deal..” Mrs.Kim said “..you do know that I love my daughter enough to just passed this on you, right?”

“I know you love Taeyeon.. I know you always do..” Sooyoung replied, giving a small smile “you’ve done a lot of things for her.. she just never realized it.. since you keep telling her to take over your seat in the company, all she saw is how you force her on something she hates..”

“Your other problem is.. as you said, you have no business background..” Mrs.Kim said “that’s why.. Sooyoung I have another condition..”

“Yes?”

Mrs.Kim bended slightly, raking over a blue map from the drawer near her, handing it to the young tall girl “…I’m originally going to give it to Taeyeon..” she said “that’s what make me into this place..”

Sooyoung opened the map, the first line on the paper already broke her down, she closed it after reading the first page, completely getting what the old lady wants.

“..okay..” she said “I get it..”

“Aren’t you going to talk about it to Taeyeon first?” Mrs.Kim questioned “I highly sure that she will disprove this anyway..”

“I.. still have no plan to tell her yet..”

“Okay..” Mrs.Kim nodded slightly “you want me to help you?”

“Well..if it doesn’t troubled you, Mrs.Kim..” Sooyoung voiced gratefully “it would be such a big help..”

“Okay… I will tell her in the company dinner..”

Sooyoung stood up from her seat, bowing politely “thank you Mrs.Kim.. I really appriciate-..”

“Aunt..” Mrs.Kim cut, earning a confused face from the tall brunette “don’t be too formal..” Mrs.Kim said “you’re my niece..”

Sooyoung got stunned from the sudden word, but her lips curved a small smile after “..thank you.. aunt Kim..”

-----

 

And there, in the penthouse’s living room, filled with a dead cold silence, with ten girls, some standing on their spot, some sitting on the couch.

And nobody.. nobody even dare to utter a word after the story plotted by Sooyoung, obviously with some part being passed… not when Taeyeon shot a cold dead glare to her tall cousin, and the tall stubborn girl ignoring it awkwardly, pretending to fall her gaze somewhere, somewhere not Taeyeon.

“What the hell crossed your mind, Choi Sooyoung?!”

“Hey, I need a help from your mother!” Sooyoung replied defensively “and I just think it will fair enough for your mother if I do something in exchange..”

“By being my mother business partner?!”

“Well, your mother seems okay with the deal..” Sooyoung replied, shrugging her shoulder.

“Shouldn’t you at least talk to me about this first? Asking an opinion?!”

“Come on Tae.. nobody is going to get hurt with this..” Sooyoung said “your mom got someone to take over her business someday, you get to run your school without someone keep asking you about taking over the company, and me, being helped by your mom for a while until I can take it over myself..”

“Soo..” Taeyeon called desperately “you know how my mom is.. she wouldn’t easily do it like this..” taeyeon said “she is must planning something more…”

“Your mom is a good women, Tae..” Sooyoung replied “and she already gives all her condition..” she added, avoiding her cousin’s eyes “we talked about it all already..”

“No..” Taeyeon shook her head repeatedly “this is not how she works..” she added “Sooyoung, you’ve never even been into the company before.. how come she made you into her business partner?!” Taeyeon exclaimed “she must have planned something that she hasn’t told you yet!!”

Sooyoung turned to her side, glancing over her girlfriend. So far, only the girl knows every part of Sooyoung’s deal with Taeyeon’s mom. But Yoona said nothing. As she said, she is in Taeyeon’s side.

Taeyeon sensed it “what!?” she asked  “that’s not all right!? you’re not telling us everything, right!?” she snapped, making all that questioning stares darted on the tallest brunette.

“Hmm.. that..I..” Sooyoung stuttered, trying to put her words in a fine sentence. So far, her goal for today is only to get Taeyeon not so mad at her. And if she tells her about the other condition… the short cousin of hers will definitely flare up.

“Okay, that’s it!” Taeyeon stood up, giving up on having a talk with her stubborn cousin, after seeing the latter have no intention on spilling more “I will go and talk to my mom tomorrow..” she said, walking out from the living room.

Sooyoung let out a heavy sigh, turning slightly to her girlfriend, mumbling “tell them please..” before stood up from the couch, walking after her cousin to the shorter girl’s room.

Walking inside the room, Sooyoung found her cousin sitting on the bed, still looking definitely mad.

Sooyoung is sitting beside her before she called the latter softly “..Taeng…” she said “..I really need your mom help..”

“Your mom is the only person who can help me right now..” Sooyoung mumbled “and I should be grateful that she is even willing to give me a hand..”

“But she is asking for something in exchange!” Taeyeon snapped.

“I offered her the deal, she is not the one asking for it..”

“But still, Soo..” Taeyeon said wearily “being the director of the company will give you such a big burden.. and now you’re offered to take care of her business which supposed to be my duty?!”

“Okay, first..” Sooyoung spoke “I won’t handle it in the time being yet..” she said “your mom said, she doesn’t have any plan to retired yet.. and so, I still have a lot of time to adjust myself in my new environment..”

“Second.. your mom even will help me to take care of the business until I can handle it myself..” Sooyoung voiced “until I can fully become the director of the company.. that’s a part of the deal..”

“And last… how about think of this as an opportunity to focus on your school..” Sooyoung added “come on, Tae! this is your dream! and with this, all of us are getting what we want..”

Taeyeon went silent, letting out a deep sigh, before she spoke “what the other part of the deal that you hide?” she asked, eyes gazing into Sooyoung’s.

Sooyoung is staring back into her cousin’s eyes, trying to see if the latter is calm enough to hear the other part, but yet, she knows Taeyeon will still find it out, she is leaving in few days anyway.

“..do you, remember the college your mom graduated from?” Sooyoung voiced hesitantly “..that’s.. the other part of the deal..”

“What?!” Taeyeon slightly yelled “it’s in States!!”

“I know.. and it’s only 3 until 4 years..” the tall girl replied, gazing her eyes anywhere but Taeyeon’s.

“No!!” Taeyeon rejected immediately “Sooyoung, you’re not leaving!!”

“I won’t chance my mind..” Sooyoung stubbornly said.

“Sooyoung, please!” Taeyeon desperately said “how could you do that?! how about us?! Do you even think about us?! Do you think they will accept-..”

“They will..” Sooyoung cut “by this time, they might already know..” Sooyoung voiced “and I have already talked with Yoona.. we can always sort things out..”

“No, Soo!! I can’t let you do that!” she said, shaking her head slightly “I will go to the company tomorrow and tell my mom that I’m taking over the seat..”

“It won’t make any change..” Sooyoung said calmly “either you take over your mom seat or not, I will still need to go to States..”

“Soo-!!”

“Taeng, I have no business background, and I still need your mom’s help..”

“You can just take that in our college!!”

“Why should I, when your mom offered me the best business school in the world?”

“Soo!! Let’s talk to my mom then..” Taeyeon asked pleadingly “we can always get another way to get this done..”

“I won’t change my mind, Taeng..” Sooyoung said.

“Soo-..”

“If you feel guilty over my decision… how about we make it like this..” Sooyoung’s eyes softened, caressing her cousin’s cheek “after I come back from States, if I found that your school is not progressing well… I will force you to go into the company..” she said “and you will have no choice but to close that school.. how?”

Taeyeon pouted, sobbing quietly crushing her body into her tall cousin’s embrace “..i hate you..”

“I love you, too..” Sooyoung let out a soft chuckle, hugging her cousin tightly, running her hand on Taeyeon’s back.

“..and…” Sooyoung voiced “..I have another favor from you..”

Taeyeon broke the hug, staring into her cousin’s brown eyes “..i know..” she mumbled, making the taller girl smiles.

“Since I’m leaving for a while.. and leaving someone so important for me here..” Sooyoung said “can you help me to take care of my Yoona?” she added, grinning.

“Yah..” Taeyeon protested “does that mean that I’m not that important for you?”

“Of course you’re, Taeng..” Sooyoung giggled by her childish cousin’s behavior “but I won’t be that worry over you, because I know there would be someone who can take care of you.. right?”

Taeyeon still pouting when she mumbled “I will.. don’t worry..”

Sooyoung ruffled her short cousin’s hair, pulling the latter into another tight hug “thank you..”

“..Soo.. you do know  that I love you, right?”

Sooyoung let out another giggle “of course.. so do i..”