chap 34

I Want You Only

“Where are you going to take me?” hyomin asked curiously.

“We’re almost there.. hyomin-ahh.. just be patient..” the short haired blonde answered, giving a playful smirk, her eyes still fixed to the busy street.

“This is the 6th times you’re telling me that..” hyomin said, sulking.

Sunny giggled, seeing her girlfriend childish act “I want you to meet someone important for me..”

“Someone important?” hearing that words, make hyomin’s mind start to wonder, it begin to list each name or having some lucky guess. Just like a child, trying to finish her puzzle, with the pieces on her hand. Or just like someone who has been given a question with a clue.

Sunny took a quick glance over her girlfriend, chuckling silently.

Drowning on her thought, hyomin doesn’t even realize that the car stopped already in the parking lot, beside a quite well known family restaurant.

“So..” sunny stared at her girlfriend for a while, a smile forming on her face before she continued “instead of wondering who is that special someone, why don’t we get off from the car and meet that person inside..”

Sunny’s words startled hyomin slightly, she pouted a little before get off from the car, leaving the short haired blonde with another chuckle before she get off from her car as well.

They walked together, side by side, sunny hold her girlfriend hand while giving a small smile, and the other girl replied with a sweet smile. They walked into the restaurant, and a waitress greeted them in front of the door. Without even asking, sunny walked into one of the small room there, just like how she usually did when she is there.

Sunny opened the door, and revealed an old man sitting on one of the seat there which placed aneatly around the table.

“Dad!!” sunny said excitedly, running after her father, before wrapped the old man in her embrace.

“Oh! Easy there, soonkyu..” the old man said, giggled before ruffling his daughter hair.

“Yah, dad! Don’t call me that…” sunny said, pouting, making the old man gave another chuckle, while hyomin stood there awkwardly, doesn’t know what to do.

“Oh, you must be hyomin..” mr.lee said, shifting her gaze to the other girl “the girl who stole my daughter’s heart..” he took a quick glance at her daughter, teasing both girls, making both girls went red, and it obviously worse for hyomin.

“Y-yah! Dad!”sunny gave a light smack on her father‘s shoulder “don’t do it..” she said, embarrassing.

“..g-good n-night mr.lee.. nice to meet you..” hyomin stuttered, giving a bow.

“Oh, don’t be to formal.. just call me uncle..” he said, giving a fatherly smile “or.. it’s even okay for you to call me father..” he added, chuckling.

“Dadd!!” sunny whined, already blushing hard.

Mr.lee chuckled “okay..okay.. take a seat..” he smiled. Sunny and hyomin both are taking a seat across mr.lee with sunny is sitting in front of her father.

“So..” mr.lee smiled, open a conversation “how’s your café?”

“Oh! The progress is going smoothly! Thanks to you dad!” sunny exclaimed happily, and even from a slight glance, mr.lee smiled, knowing how excited her daughter every time she talks about the café.

 “You won’t believe this!!” sunny explained delightedly “it should be finished in the end of this month..”

“Last week the worker already painted the second level, and it leave the first lever for next Sunday..”

“I already bought the decoration for both level, and chairs along with the tables.. and oh! I bought small couches for the second level to.. and the second level should be in progress for finishing… and, oh yeah! Don’t forget to pay a visit next time!!” she smiled brightly.

Mr.lee gave a warm smile, listening at every word her daughter says, looking at how excited his daughter about her café “maybe it’s really a good thing to let her daughter living with her friends and helping her to open her own café..”

“If it’s not you, dad, I won’t even make my own café..” sunny smiled.

Mr.lee only smiled warmly at her daughter’s comment “well, since you already finish with your café..” he smile, giving a teasing smile to her daughter “why don’t you tell me about your girlfriend..” he said, sending another pink tint on both the latter cheeks.

“Dadd!” sunny whined, embarrassed.

“So, hyomin..” mr.lee shifting her gaze, ignoring her daughter whine “tell me about yourself..” still with a smile on his face.

“..o-oh… i-I study in the same university as sunny.. uncle lee..” hyomin answered, making the old man nodded slightly.

“How did you meet?” he asked the nervous girl with a playful smile, and even if he almost reach 50, her handsome face still clearly can be seen.

“..err.. w-we.. t-that time..” hyomin tried to answer, but that question make her even more embarrassed, and mr.lee surely enjoying both girl’s anxiousness.

And even before hyomin can finish her word, the door opened, revealing a familiar old lady. Mr.lee surely surprised t see the woman, he took a glance at his daughter, before shifting his gaze back to the figure.

The old lady scanned three figures while walking to the room.

“Well..” she voiced, when standing just beside the table, between her husband and her daughter “I ask your PA, and she told me you have dinner with our daughter.. I never knew that she will bring this girl along with her..” she commented “this is not a place for some-..”

“Stop it..” mr.lee said sternly, not breaking her gaze with her wife.

“Why? Are you defending them?” mrs.lee scoffed, her hands folded on her chest “how come you let your daughter live like this..”

“Just go home.. we will talk at home..” mr.lee said, not wanting his wife to ruin the mood.

“You should stop spoiling your daughter..” mrs.lee said, ignoring what her husband just said “now, she become stubborn and she even dare to go against her parents..”

“Her parents?” mr.lee gave a small smile “I don’t see when she does that to me..”

“That’s because you’re spoiling her..” mrs.lee answered “you should stop helping her with that poor café.. it will give her nothing.. it doesn’t suit her..” she paused, taking a glance at the girl sitting beside her daughter “and now.. she is even trying to ruin this family reputation by having a relationship with that girl..”

Mrs.lee words got into her daughter’s mind, and sunny starts to clenched her fist tightly, angry, but hyomin hold it, before sunny can stand up and throw some words to her mother. Sunny turned her head to face her girlfriend who gave that small face on her face to reassured that she is okay, making the short haired blonde calmed a little bit.

“Go home, now..” mr.lee said firmly, giving her wife that cold eyes.

Mrs.lee sighed, knowing that it would be bad for her if someone find out that she or her family have some argument on a public place “I won’t let this go easily..” mrs.lee commented.

“Don’t you even dare to think about that..”

“Well..” mrs.lee said, having her eyes right into her husband “let’s see about that..” and with that, she leaves the restaurant.

Mr.lee’s eyes glued to her wife until the old lady really out from the room, before she shifted her gaze back to her daughter and her daughter’s girlfriend.

“Sorry about that..” mr.lee said, feeling sorry, especially for her daughter’s girlfriend.

“O-oh.. it’s okay uncle..” hyomin replied, giving a reassured smile.

Mr.lee nodded her head slightly, before staring at her daughter “don’t worry, baby..” mr.lee gave another warm smile “I won’t let anything bad happen..” he added “and even if something happen, just tell me, and I will take care of that..”

Sunny nodded, smiling. Even if she feels worried, her father’s words calm her a lot. Not only because of what her father said, but she is sure that her father’s will always by her side, no matter how much her mother opposed what she is doing, but she just knows, her father will be always there.

-----

 

Taeyeon drove her car, her eyes focused in the street, has been opened and closed few times, seems like she wants to say something, and jessica who has her eyes on the shorter girl obviously notice it, jessica honestly find it cute.

The blonde let out a silent giggle “do you want to say something?” she asked, after seeing another failed attempt from the shorter girl to start a conversation.

“..mm.. i-it’s just…” taeyeon tried to concentrate between the street and about what she want to say, while she still can feel jessica’s gaze on her “..a-are y-you b-busy right now?” she finally asked.

The blonde let out another giggle, finally understand what make the shorter girl feels uneasy “why?” she asked “are you asking me for a date?” she teased, making the shorter girl went red.

“..e-emm.. i-I j-just wondering… i-if you want t-to.. mm.. d-dinner?” she asked, not dare to take a glance at the blonde.

“Well, I’ve never been busy if it comes to you..” jessica said, giving a naughty smile while leaning closer to the shorter girl.

Taeyeon suddenly feels tense up, her heart beats rapidly, and she stops her car in sudden when seeing a car was about to close to graze her car, making the blonde’s head bump into the dashboard.

“Ouch!!” jessica winced in pain, rubbing her forehead.

“Oh my gosh!! Sorry!!” taeyeon said, panicked “are you okay?”

“You should have warned me…” jessica said, pouting, still rubbing her forehead.

“Is it hurt?!  Are you okay!? Oh! I’m really sorry!”

Jessica stared at the shorter girl, before slowly another naughty smile appear on her face “my mom used to help me reduce the pain by kisses..” she said playfully “and.. since my mom isn’t here right now.. do you want to help me this time?”

“W-what?” taeyeon doesn’t even know what to do.

“Why?” jessica gave an innocent face “you’re the one who cause this..”

“..err.. i..”

Jessica giggled, surely enjoying taeyeon’s expression “okay then, I will just count that as you owe me a kiss..” she said, leaning back on her seat, while taeyeon still staring at her, doesn’t move at all.

“What?” jessica ask, like nothing happen “we are not going to have dinner?”

“O-oh.. y-yes..” taeyeon turned back to the road, and starts driving again, while the blonde can’t help but hiding that big smile on her face, taeyeon just asks her for dinner.

They arrived in a western restaurant, where taeyeon used to go with her friends. They walked inside, and took a seat. As soon as they sit, a waitress comes and takes their order before leaving the two figures in silent.

“So..” seeing the shorter girl avoiding her eyes, jessica starts the conversation “can I ask you something?”

Taeyeon turned her head to stare back at the blonde, even hesitant to say a word, but she nodded anyway.

“..why you are not.. living with your family?” jessica asked, being so curious about why taeyeon chose to move out from her house, just imagine it, her house should be far more bigger that her place right now.

“..hmm.. well..” taeyeon seems to think, hesitant can be clearly seen on her face “..i.. just.. emm..”

Jessica let out a small chuckle “I’m just asking… you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to..” she smiled “you can just say things like ‘I don’t want to talk about it’ or ‘I think..”

“..it just everything in that house changed since my father left..” taeyeon cut, her eyes staring everywhere but jessica’s.

“Since my father passed away.. I never feel that house as my home anymore..” taeyeon continued, while the blonde listen carefully.

 

Taeyeon is lying on her bed, in her big room. Her eyes staring on the ceiling, she misses her father badly. She is drowning on her memories she shared with her father, before the door opened, and a mid age woman come into her room.

“Until when you’re gonna be like this..” the old lady asked, walking closer to her daughter “it’s been weeks, and you should understand that keep being like this won’t make him back to us..”

“…us?” taeyeon gave a bitter laugh, her eyes still glued on the ceiling “I don’t even think you feel like losing him..”

“..watch your mouth, taeyeon.. I’m still your mother..” mrs.kim answered, her heart honestly crushed, hearing that words come from her daughter’s lips. She surely feels losing her husband, and she misses her husband as much as her daughter does. But she hides it, perfectly on her cold face.

“..why? am I saying something wrong?” taeyeon straightened her back, sitting on her bed “you never care about us.. all you care about is that stupid company!” she said coldly, and without realizing it, her tone raised.

“Stupid company?” mrs.kim gave a bitter scoffed “if you forget, that stupid company is what that keep us like this… where do you think this wealth comes from? Falling from the sky?” she said sarcastically.

“I don’t need all this wealth!! That work of your is what that bring you away from us!! You’re never been there for us!! All you care about is only that company or your job!!”

“Because if I don’t have this job, we all are definitely going to sleep on the street!!! And if not from this company, we won’t even have money for living!!” mrs.kim snapped back.

“That’s why you never care about us!! You’re busy with your own work!! And even when daddy got sick, you have never been there for him!! All you did was you work!!”

Mrs.kim tried to keep herself from crying. She knows what taeyeon said is true. It’s just that her daughter doesn’t know how she feels. When her husband diagnosed with lung cancer, her worlds seems to break down. That time, she feels like she was dying along with her husband. She loves her husband so much, that she can’t bear herself to see how his husband fought it in pain. And yet, she always let everything went unexplained.

Mrs.kim knows that there shouldn’t be such reasons, but she just can’t. She can’t explain herself to her daughter, letting her daughter hate her so much. She loves her family so much which is the reason why she let her herself work in her husband place, that’s the reason, why she let her husband chase his dreams to build an art school for kids.

She understands that there should be someone who keeps working for her family responsibility. And her husband can see it clearly and understand her decision, while her daughter can’t see it deep inside her heart.

Mrs.kim works harder day by day to forget the pain from losing her husband, yet she failed to expressed herself, and ended up making her only daughter hate her even more.

“Dad always defended you in front of me!! saying that you do that for us!! But you never think about that, Right?!! you just never care!!” taeyeon yelled, tears slowly falling from her eyes.

“I’m working days and nights for us..” mrs.kim said bitterly “I’m working harder day by day to keep us living..” she gave a bitter laugh “and even letting him focused on that poor club house!! isn’t that enough?! I work in his place!!”

“Don’t you say that things!!” taeyeon yelled “that place is dad’s dreams! so don’t you say that things about that place!!”

“Why!? That place is under my name, I even can closed it in a second..” mrs.kim said

“No, you can’t..” taeyeon mumbled softly “how can you think to destroy dad’s dream?!”

Mrs.kim placed a blue map which she carried since before on her daughter’s bed.

“If you listen to what I say, I won’t close that place..” and with that, mrs.kim left her daughter’s room before her daughter’s word crushed her heart even more, and prevent herself to throw another tantrum which can hurt her daughter as well.

 

“In exchange for my mother not to close that place, I have to take business in college..” taeyeon explained sadly, giving a weak smile “and she even let me do whatever I want, including when I asked to live alone..”

Jessica gave a weak nod, showing that she feels sorry for what happened. She moves her hand and placed it on top of the shorter girl’s hand, giving a light squeeze.

Taeyeon can feel her face heating up from jessica’s touch, and she turned her head to other side to hide her blushing, making the blonde gave a small chuckle.

“It’s a good thing that your friends is living with you..” jessica said “if you are living alone, I might think about moving in with you..” jessica joked, trying to cheer the shorter girl whose blushing surely get worse.

Jessica giggled, seeing the embarrassed latter, before she slowly stood up from her seat, and walking closer to the shorter girl who seems confused with her act.

Without saying a word, jessica wrapped her arms around taeyeon’s shoulder, when she already standing beside the shorter girl.

“I just feel like hugging you..” jessica explained, doesn’t care about some waitress who have their eyes on them. Taeyeon gave a small chuckle from the blonde remark, before wrapped her arms around the blonde’s waist and buried her face on jessica’s tummy.

“Thank you..” taeyeon mumbled, knowing that the blonde just trying to comfort her, and it does work for her. And the blonde just smiled, happy that a simple dinner like this just make them get closer.

-----