chap 41

I Want You Only

A young tall brunette is sitting in the music room at her university, right on the piano’s chair, with her long slender fingers dancing on piano’s keys, causing the beautiful melodies filling the empty room.

She still doesn’t feel well.. headache, having cold slightly, but yet.. she is there for a reason.. someone to meet.. and she just knows that.. she would be found there..

It’s noon already..

The orange yellow light from the gloaming sky, going through the window glasses, faded by time, getting darker by the second that passed..

But the tall brunette, being unbothered by it, having her eyes closed, enjoying the vague light that accompanying the melodious sound from the white grand piano.

And every time her finger hit the notes, a familiar face going inside her mind, filling every corner of it…

That lovely smile on a wrinkled face, that smile which never get tired of her, that smile which always look on her, taking care of her when everyone left..

Remind her for the very first person who introduce her to this world..

A world without sorrow..

A world where she can hear nothing but sweet melodies..

A world where she can be alone but never felt lonely..

The world where she can close her eyes from her surroundings, where she can pretend not to hear that nasty words about her, hatred words that throw right in front of her face..

Someplace where there are only them.. she.. and her grandma..

Her grandma..

The one who taught her how to deal with her pain..

The only person who gave hope, passion, dream…

The very same reason that she got into the university.. taking art performance..

And that memories got blurred, taking her back from the past, the same face filled her thought..

The same face, same person.. except that smile..

A room in white which she always sees, the familiar scent..

 

Then reality hits her..

It’s her.. the one who caused this..

Blaming herself for the lying old lady in the hospital room..

Cursing herself for causing so much pain.. regret..

Hating herself for causing the only person that she knows, love her the most, and the person she loves the most, lying helplessly there..

Despise herself for being so ungrateful..

Yet the only thing that keeps her lives go on..

For a hope that one day..

For sure.. that one day.. the person will open her eyes.. just to tell her.. something that she knows coming from a sincere heart, the words that only the old lady can give without a lie in it.. the only words that not coming from a fake mind..

Youngie.. no matter what happen.. grandma will always loves you.. you know that, right?”

The only person who will accept her, without any doubt..

A small smile formed on her beautiful face..

And her mind wondering if there would be another person..

And that’s when a certain tall figure crept inside her mind..

Yoona..

Making the smile on her face faded..

What the hell..” her fingers stop its track on the piano’s key, letting the owner of it drowning with her thought…

Shrugging it off, shaking her head slightly, running her slender fingers back to its place, its home.. creating another line of the sweet melodies..

Until when are you planning to run away from this?”

“You’re falling choi..” and not anything can bothered the young girl from her world, not anything but her own mind.

Admit it.. you’re in love…” and that little voice, fighting to be heard, for her owner to at least, admit the little truth..

Choi sooyoung.. you’re running.. hiding..” sooyoung closed her eyes, trying to ignored the voice “you’re in love.. with her.. with im-..”

A cracking sound from the door stop her distracting thought, knowing who the person who going inside the room, she lets her eyes still closed, finishing the song.

The faint steps are coming closer to her, and stop, where the tall brunette knows, right beside her.

 

Her slender fingers hit its last notes, when a faint voice whispered.

“..why?” the tall blonde asked wearily, looking at her state, she must have been crying.

Sooyoung opened her eyes for the word, letting it fall on the blonde “what do you mean?”

“You know what I mean, soo..” the blonde said weakly, and a stain of tears falling from her beautiful eyes “..you just shut my family’s company..” she said desperately “my family’s company, soo!!”

“You know me well..” sooyoung said expressionless “you’ve crossed the line, nana..”

“And you should know.. the fact that your company is under mine’s, making it easier to me for doing so..” the tall girl added “you should felt grateful that because tiffany said that she is okay..” her eyes piercing through nana’s “I’ve restrained myself for doing more..”

“..why?” the blonde mumbled sadly, because the moment she found what sooyoung did, she known, she had lost, and what once hers, would never be hers again “..is she that important.. that you’re going this far?” she asked, falling sit on the floor, tears flowing out from her eyes.

“I believe.. that I already remind you about this..” the tall brunette answered “whoever she is.. you have no right to do that..”

“And the fact that you’re in love with her.. worsen it..” nana added, her eyes going through the brunette’s, trying to find a little hope of her statement.. a big part of her, hoping that it’s.. wrong..

But sooyoung’s eyes said otherwise..

And instead of replying it, the tall brunette breaking their gaze, turning hers back to the piano keys.

It hurts.. so much..

Sooyoung’s silent answer..

Letting out a bitter chuckle, the blonde mumbled, whispering brokenly “I see.. I should’ve known that.. you love her..”

“It has nothing to do with that..” sooyoung said “just what the hell are you thinking, nana..”

“You wouldn’t care if it’s other person… just because it’s her.. you’re doing all this..”

“..i don’t have to explain my reason to you..” the tall girl stubbornly said.

 

Having her legs bended, nana folded her arms on her knees and buried her face there, sobbing quietly.

She knows, even though the stubborn girl wouldn’t admit it, she knows.. she just knows.. that hurtful truth..

Sooyoung eyed the blonde, her heart broke at the sight..

She used to love the girl.. so much.. and now.. no matter what broke them apart.. she still sees the girl as someone important.. a friend.. a sister.. someone who taught her a lot of things..

Standing on her knees beside the girl, sooyoung wrapped her long arms around the blonde’s shoulder.

“Your family’s company will be okay tomorrow..” sooyoung mumbled “it only shut for the day..”

And that words bring nana more on her tears.

“..i’m sorry.. I’m really sorry… I really don’t mean to do that..” nana mumbled between her tears.

“Shh.. it’s okay.. i know it..” sooyoung said, breaking their hug, and when nana lifts her head, the tall brunette staring at the blonde’s eyes “just tell her that..” she said “yoona must understand it..”

“..i-..”

“You never meant to hit her..” sooyoung cut “that’s why your car only grazed her slightly, and causing a minor injured..” sooyoung said, recalling what tiffany told her earlier, the same reason why she doesn’t really shut nana’s family’s company down.

“..i heard you crushed a parked car..” sooyoung added, eyeing the girl concernedly “..how about you?” she asked, brushing her fingers on the blonde’s bangs, finding a purple bruise there “...are you okay?”

“..yeah..” the blonde nodded, her eyes fallen into that loving eyes of the bunette’s, letting out a soft chuckle “..you know…” she mumbled “what you’re doing, will only make me falling.. harder.. deeper..”

Hearing that words, sooyoung pulled her hand from the blonde, clearing awkwardly, sitting beside the blonde but with her body facing her, and her back leaned on the piano’s chair.

“..but..” sooyoung voiced, hesitantly “..you should still apologize..” she added, taking quick glance over the blonde “to her.. for her strained wrist.. you make her fell..”

Nana eyed the tall girl who somehow avoiding her eyes, giving a soft chuckle “she is just so lucky..” she said “having you falling for her..” she commented, and a slight pink appeared on both sooyoung’s cheeks, before she gave a little nod “don’t worry.. I will apologize..”

 

There is a moment of silence, before nana broke it.

“I went to states because of my parents..” the blonde said “you know.. work..”

“..and back then.. i came back..” she said “when I heard about your accident.. from hyo..” nana said, eyeing the tall brunette “but your cousin.. prevent me fror meeting you.. she even said that she won’t let me come closer to you..” she explained “which is why.. I went back to states few days after..”

Seeing how sooyoung refusing to talk, nana continued “and ever since that day.. I have been keeping in touch with my cousin.. well.. mostly to know about how you were doing..” nana said “until few weeks ago where I decided to come back to korea..”

“She told me a lot about you.. about what happened..” nana said “about your parents.. your grandma… the reason why you moved from your house to taeyeon’s penthouse.. about how your cousin protectiveness getting worse..” nana let out a soft chuckle on the thought of it, before added “..about how you’re falling for another person..” she said, wearing a small smile, finally catching sooyoung’s attention “..your bestfriend.. tiffany..”

Sooyoung went silent on it, doesn’t really know what to say, silently cursing the short blonde, killing her bestfriend inside her mind already, and noted in her mind to bring it into reality later..

“You’re a stubborn person..” nana said “that’s why.. you can’t handle the same stubborn person well..”

“Hyo told me that tiff moved to taeyeon’s because of you..” nana added “we both know that she was always in love with you back then.. it’s just me who is brave enough to take my first move..” she added, giving a slight smile “right?”

“She is so dead worried about you that she was always staying by your side, stubbornly..” nana added “and the same reason why you are slowly falling for her..” nana gave another teasing smile to the tall latter “she might think that you still loved me, that is why.. she never confessed..” nana continued “even though I believe that it’s not that hard for you to read it through her gestures..”

“And in your case..” the blonde made like a thinking expression “you’re afraid..” she said “that one day, she will left you.. just like how I did..” she probed, released another sigh “the very same reason why you don’t admit your feeling now..” she ended, making the tall girl blushing slightly.

Admit it.. you’re in love…” and that little voice, whispering back inside sooyoung’s mind.

“Ahh..” nana sighed “I wonder what will tiffany said if she get to learn about the truth.. that she is not the only one that falling…” nana said, letting out another soft giggle “if only she didn’t give up her love on you.. everything might be different now..”

“..i’m glad she did..” sooyoung voiced, making nana’s smile faded “I don’t deserve her.. I hurt too many people..” she said “and I won’t forgive myself if I get to hurt her too..”

“You’re not hurting anyone..” nana said, lifting her hand, caressing the taller girl’s cheek “I heard about your grandma..” she said “it’s not your fault..” she added “and I’m so-..”

“She will be okay…” sooyoung cut, refusing to hear the word “she will wake up..”

“..yeah she will..” nana mumbled, not really sure on her own words, wearing a weak sad smile “besides.. she has to make sure that.. her stubborn granddaughter living her live well..” nana commented, making a small smile appeared on the tall brunette’s face.

 

Nana leaned closer, and sooyoung does nothing as the blonde’s face getting closer to her, staying still is all she does. And when nana closed the gap between them, letting their lips meet, a sudden warmth filled her heart, remind her of their past memories, something that sweet to remember, but not the same anymore.

Not the same feeling..

It’s indeed a short kiss.. but enough for both latter to know that there is nothing between them anymore, a kiss to end everything between them from the past.

“I guess.. that will be our last kiss before you’re completely become someone else woman..” nana said, giving a sweet smile, a tint pink crept on both the tall girl’s cheek.

“..so..” nana voiced “are you going to stay like this?”

“Hmm?” sooyoung’s brows creased on the blonde’s words.

“I love you soo… that’s why I fight for you..” she said “even I finally realized how wrong the things I did for it..” she added “but I’m glad that I get to know your feeling.. that it’s not for me anymore..” she sighed “I give up on you now.. because I know, no matter how hard I try, you wouldn’t fall again…” she continued “not when you already fall for someone else..” and another commented which make the tall girl blushing.

“I’m saying all that things about tiff not to make you kill my cousin..” she said, giving a small smile “but purely to put some sense into your mind..”

 

“You’re falling soo..” the blonde said, it still hurt, knowing the person is not her, but she can move on, it just takes time “and this time harder then ever..” she added “you know it better..” nana caressed sooyoung’s cheek gently “which is why.. you’re so damn scared.. right?”

“I once talk to her..” nana said “and yeah.. as expected.. so much for you right?” nana giggled softly “knowing you for years, you might already told her to back away.. But she doesn’t..”

“And no matter how much you hate to admit it..” nana said, wearing a naughty smile “you’re in love soo.. with her..” she added “you do realized it..”

“Are you going to let her go like how things happened between you and tiff? Letting things stuck between you two as a friend?”

“..what’s wrong with being a friend?”

Another soft giggle from the blonde “come on soo.. admit it.. you want more..” she said “I saw you both kissing in the parking lot.. few days ago..” nana said, giving another teasing smile, worsen sooyoung’s blushing “if you don’t want it, you will already push her..”

“But the fact that you’re kissing back, is enough to tell me that you want more from her..” nana said “it’s the reason why I tried to hit her with my car actually..”

“I know you wouldn’t let her go.. so, I think if I make her leave you.. you know… by letting her see, how much miserable her life would be being with you.. she might leave you..” the blonde explained “but that stubborn girl didn’t get it..”

“Why don’t you at least tell her that?”

“Wh-..”

“That you love her.. that you’re in love with her.. that you want her..”

“..you know..” sooyoung voiced, standing from her seat “it’s getting late.. go home nana..”

Nana let out a soft chuckle, having no choice but standing up as well. But before the tall brunette can take a step away, the blonde pulled her into a hug, and sooyoung hugging back.

“I will miss this a lot..”

“You can always hug me..”

“Yeah.. let see about that..” nana giggled “soo-..”

“Be carefull..” sooyoung cut, ready to leave the place “drive safely..”

But nana cupped the latter’s face with both her hands, forcing the latter to look into her eyes “count it as an advise.. and my gratefulness for letting me go this time..” nana said “I know how it feel to have such regret..” she said.

“Don’t be like me, soo.. tell her how much you love her while you still can..”

-----

 

And across the room, in the recording room..

Sitting two girls who are staring at the two figures through the window glasses..

Listening to their conversation all way long...