chap 50

I Want You Only

Sooyoung is just going home from school, along with Tae, Tiff, Hyo, and Sunny. Deciding to have a group study, or that’s what they masked their everyday gathering which actually fills more with chatting, eating, playing, and so on.

They’re walking passed Mr.Choi office, the door slightly opened, having the sight of Sooyoung’s parents facing each other, and as a polite teenagers they’re, they decided to stop and greeting the elder.

They’re about to open the door when they hear the two elders throwing yells and screams to each other.

“You said I can’t make time for our family?! How about you then?! Doesn’t you do the same!!?” Mr.choi yelled.

“I tried to!! no matter how busy I am, I always go home, at least for dinner and lunch!!” Mrs.choi snapped back “and what do you do!!?”

“Who do you think I’m working for?!! Who do you think paying all out needs and—and providing this family!!”

“But—but, they’re our kids, not only mine..” Mrs.choi calmed “I’m not asking much.. but can you just make a little time for your family?”

“You know I have been busy with work..” Mr.choi said “choi’s group is getting bigger nowdays.. and it’s such a waste to let this chance go..”

“You always say that!! you just don’t love your family, right!?”

“Please stop already..” he said tiredly “I’m home early this day to take a rest for my tomorrow trip..”

“See!! You always do that!! you always avoided our talk!! You priority your work and the company more than us, right?!!”

“So, what do you want?!”

“If this keep on going on, let’s just divorce!!” Mrs.choi finally burst, not aware of the fact that one of her daughter has her eyes on them.

‘They’re doing it again..’ Sooyoung frowned by her parent’s fight. It’s sure not the first time she spotted her parents in their argument.

She wants to left, but her foot seems to glued right on the spot, wanting badly to go inside the room, hugging both elders and tell them to stop fighting because she is okay with the lack time for family’s thing.

But who she is to be heard?

“Fine!! As you wish!!” Mr.choi yelled, too tired to make another argument “do whatever you want!!”

“I will take sulli with me!!” Mrs.choi added, already in tears, feeling hurt by how easy her husband let their marriage go.

“You’re not taking anyone with you..” Mr.choi said firmly “I can support both of them better than you’re..” he added, shot his sharp gaze to his wife “if you left, you won’t take anyone with you..”

“Nobody can say that to me!! sulli is my daughter, my real daughter! You can just take Sooyoung with you!”

“What’s wrong with you!?”

“Why? you don’t want Sooyoung? aren’t you the one who decided to adopt her?!” there goes Mrs.choi’s word from her hurting, she start talking whatever she wants, whatever crossed her mind, whatever, just whatever..

And with the words, Sooyoung feels her heart dropped in an instant, standing frozenly there, while other girls widened their eyes in surprised before shifting their gaze to the tall brunette.

“Stop it! what if she hears you! you’re talking nonsense!” Mr.choi ranted “I know you’re mad, but it doesn’t mean you-..”

“What?” their bickering stopped, and both elders standing stiffly in their spot when the door opened, revealing their eldest daughter.

“What does it supposed to mean?” Sooyoung mumbled lowly.

“Sooyoung, it’s not like that..” Mr.choi said, walking closer to her daughter.

“Explain..” she muttered in demanding tone.

“Sooyoung, it’s just our stupid fight..” Mr.choi tried to explain “it has nothing to-..”

“Explain..” the brunette stubbornly said, in the very same tone “..is it.. true?”

“Sooyoung-..”

“..is it?”

The two elders changing silent gaze into each other’s, and that’s when Sooyoung got her answer.

“I always thought that you both loves me, it’s just that you both are too busy for me..” Sooyoung mumbled, tears falling, dripping, pouring out, along with all that unsaid pain.

“I just thought because Sulli is younger that you pay attention more to her..”

“I always tell myself that it’s okay, because we’re family, and family just understand each other.. that’s why, I keep it down, thinking that it’s just me who think that you both doesn’t really want me..”

“I thought.. I thought.. we’re family..” she added, giving a bitter chuckle, a weak smile after “but I was wrong..”

“I was just never be a part of this family..” she added “don’t fight too much, if you don’t want me.. you can just tell me..”

“Sooyoung..” Mrs.choi said weakly “I’m sorry, that’ not what I mean..”

“if I never be a part of this family, so I guess I just have to go out from this house..”

“Sooyoung, please-..”

But before Mrs.choi can finish her word, her eldest daughter already running, making her way to the garage, to her car which bought by her parents for her as one of her birthday present, quickly driving out from the house..

The house she thought that never be hers..

 

“And that’s how that accident happened..” tiffany recalled, plotting the story for Yoona “one of the bystander, saying that he saw the car in a fast speed crushed the big thee on purpose.. that’s why, she injured badly..” tiffany explain “she even got into a coma for weeks after that accident..”

“The same reason, why she, being that protective toward her cousin..” Tiffany added, pointing a figure who is leaning her back on the wall, arms hugging her folded leg on her chest, sitting on the floor just beside the operating room.

Yoona nodded slightly, pretty much getting the story this far. Other girl are sitting around in front of the room, some on the chair, some of them just standing.

“..but.. did her parents not divorce?” Yoona questioned, as far as she knows, she never heard that kind of news. And as a part of choi’s group, the definitely will make it to the media, but there was none.

“Yeah, sure they won’t..” tiffany replied “they got into that kind of argument pretty often.. judging from how busy they both, and how seldom, they can make time for each other, they are often getting into that fight.. but they do love each other.. and so does their kids..” Tiffany said “they won’t do that..”

“Ah..” Yoona nodded, getting silent.

Tiffany sighed, stealing a glance over the girl before she added “I know that there must be a lot of questions running inside your mind about your girlfriend, Yoona..” she said “but that how far I can tell you..” she added “you can ask Sooyoung about that.. I know her for years..” she smiled “and I know that she will tell you if you just ask..” Yoona nodded, not having any intention of asking anymore question, she is just still dead worried over her girlfriend.

“Right now, Sooyoung just hate herself because she thinks that nobody want her.. and with her grandma’s leaving, it will pain her more.. thinking that everyone will only leave her..” Tiffany continued “and she just needs people, who can show her… that they won’t…”

“I love her, Tiff..” Yoona mumbled, staring into the white wall, wearing a sweet weak smile “so much more than I ever thought..” she added “and I just want her to know.. and understand.. that I really do..”

Tiffany smiled, patting the girl’s shoulder, before the operation’s room opened, making all girls quickly standing right in front of the doctor.

“How was she?” Taeyeon asked worriedly, she is sure looking so tired, along with other girls.

“She is okay, Miss Taeyeon..” the doctor voiced “just some bruises from the hard crash, but since it’s a minor accident, she got nothing serious injure..” he added “aside from the bruises, she got some cut on her shoulder and her temple.. but it’s still okay.. she got some stitches.. and she is still sleeping..” he said, giving a reassuring smile to the girls who unconsciously let out a relieving sigh “we will move her to her room now..” he bowed politely, before walking out from the place.

-----

 

Sooyoung opened her eyes by the light that going through the window in her room, getting all white on her sight, adjusting from the silent morning, she moves her body slightly, but stopping after letting out a soft groan, feeling the pain all over her body.

She turned to her right side, finding a sleeping figure there, holding her hand tightly. The girl stirred slightly, maybe due to Sooyoung’s movement, opened her eyes, finding the tall brunette staring at her, the girl let out a sweet smile.

“Ah, you’re up..” Yoona smiled, leaning closer to peck the taller girl’s lips “morning, baby..” she greeted, caressing her girlfriend’s cheek “how’s your sleep?”

“..fine..” Sooyoung mumbled weakly, trying to sit, Yoona stood up from her seat, hurriedly helping the girl to get into a comfortable position, before she sits beside the girl, in the edge of the bed, facing the girl.

“Do you need something?” Yoona asked, taking the glass of water beside Sooyoung’s bed, helping the girl to drink.

Sooyoung shook her head slightly after drinking from the glass, her body still aching, and she can feel a tight bandage on her right shoulder, and around her temple.

“Okay..” Yoona smiled “I will tell the nurse that you already woke up to let them check on you, okay?” she said, standing from the bed, but even before Yoona can take a step, she stops, feeling a soft grip on her hand, turning her head to her hand, before staring at the one who hold her.

“Why?” Yoona asked, concerned “do you need something?”

“..hmm..” Sooyoung awkwardly avoided Yoona’s eyes, making the girl even more worried.

“Why, baby?” Yoona sits back beside her girlfriend, caressing Sooyoung’s cheek with her free hand “is it hurt somewhere?” she asked, trying to meet Sooyoung’s eyes “baby-..”

“..don’t leave me..”

Yoona let out a small smile by her girlfriend’s word, before pulling the latter into a warm hug, careful not to hurt her girlfriend.

“I love you, Soo..” Yoona whispered into the tall girl’s ear “honestly, you don’t even need to tell me that..” she said “because there is no way that I will ever leave you..” she added, pulling from the hugs, start planting soft kisses on Sooyoung’s face, before giving a deep kiss on Sooyoung’s lips.

“I love you just too much..” Yoona said between their kiss “just too much to know that letting you go, can break me more.. more than I can take..” she smile sweetly before pulling her girlfriend into another kiss.

 

They’re still kissing, when the door cracked open, making both girls swiftly pulling from the kiss, with Yoona quickly standing beside the bed, both of them blushing, but it got worse on Yoona.

“Unnieee!” a small figure are running inside the room, followed by other little souls.

A sweet smile formed on Sooyoung’s face by the sight. It’s her favorite kids..

“Unniee!!” little jiyeon called, standing beside Sooyoung’s bed, tugging the tall brunette’s shirt lightly, her face shows a frown, with teary eyes, staring at the white bandage on Sooyoung’s head, and some on her arms, to cover the bruises “what happened to you?”

“Yes, what happened to you, unnie?” Eunjung asked, followed by similar question from almost 20 kids in the room now.

“Unnie is okay.. sweetie..” Sooyoung answered, giving a reassuring smile.

“Unnie, you always come to our home every weeks, but you didn’t come last week..” Jiyeon frowned “is it because you’re hurt?”

Sooyoung let out a soft chuckle by the question, ruffling the little girl’s hair “it’s not that hurt..” she said “and with you all here, I don’t even feel any pain..”

Jiyeon still frowned, before she quickly climb on the chair, then to the bed, and swiftly straddling on the taller girl’s lap, before wrapping her favorite unnie in her tiny embrace.

“Unnie.. I miss you so much!!” Jiyeon said.

“I miss you too, jiyeonnie..” Sooyoung replied, giggling.

Jiyeon pulled from the hug, before cupping Sooyoung’s face with her tiny hand “which part hurt you, unnie?” little jiyeon asked, leaning closer to plant soft kiss on the tall girl’s temple, where the bandage is, and the small bruises in the edge of Sooyoung’s lips, and on her cheek bone.

“Is it okay now, unnie?”

Sooyoung stared at the little girl in silent, her eyes get teary, moved with the love that little jiyeon shows “yes..” Sooyoung mumbled, giving a small smile “it got a way lot more better..”

Yes, maybe angel do exist.. maybe sometimes it comes in the purest and the most innocent form.. just like the little jiyeon..

Little jiyeon gave a satisfied smile, before giving another peck on her favorite’s unnies lips, circling her arms around Sooyoung’s neck “unnie.. you should visit us often..”  little jiyeon said “you even promised to sleep over..” she added “I promise to eat all my bean..” little jiyeon pulled from the hug, giving the tall girl a serious expression “I even will eat all your carrot.. I promise..”

Sooyoung chuckled “fine, when unnie gets better, unnie will sleep over at your home, okay?”

“Okayy..” little jiyeon chirped, wrapping the tall girl into another hug.

Sooyoung spent all day talking with the kids, with little jiyeon sitting on her lap because she just refuse to let the tall girl go.

She smiles, she laughs, and with the present of the little kids, Sooyoung just feels alive.. happy.. loved..

Yoona sits quietly on the sofa in the corner of the room, letting her girlfriend enjoying her sweet little time with her favorite kids, a sweet smile formed on her face, knowing that everything will get better..

 

It’s already night when Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Tiffany come into the room. With so much trouble, Hyoyeon and Sunny finally can persuade the kids to go back to their home, of course with a little promise that they will take them again back some other time, and with the help of some other girls, they drives the kids back to their orphanage.

“It’s Taeyeon’s..” Tiffany voiced in the finally quiet room “emm, basically, we all helped her to take all the kids here.. but it’s Taeyeon’s idea..”

“..she.. is mad, isn’t she?” Sooyoung asked, not having a sight of her short cousin since she opened her eyes from the accident.

“..mm.. well, not really..” Tiffany said, giving a playful giggle after “she just almost sues this hospital..”

Sooyoung giggled on Tiffany’s comment “she.. is not coming?”

“She is outside this room.. all day..” Tiffany smiled.

Sooyoung nodded slightly “sorry.. for making you all worried..”

“It’s okay..” Tiffany replied, caressing the taller girl’s cheek “just please, stop making us dead worried, again..” she said “me.. your cousin.. us..” tiffany added, stealing a glance on the standing girl beside the bed “and that girl who can’t get her eyes off of you, right now..” she added, throwing a teasing smile, obviously making the girl mentioned, blushing.

“..wh-what?” Yoona stuttered, getting Sooyoung’s eyes on her.

Sooyoung thrown a sweet naughty smile to her girlfriend, grabbing her hand and pulling the latter swiftly, before Yoona can even say a word, she already feels Sooyoung’s lips, on hers, kissing her deeply.

“I want to talk to you..” Sooyoung whispered, leaning her temple on Yoona’s “but I know that our talk will get deadly long..” she added, giving another naughty smile, making her girlfriend redder “..so, can I talk to Tae first?”

“..o-of course..”

Sooyoung giggled, planting another soft peck on Yoona’s lips, before getting out from the bed.

“Do you want me to call Taeyeon inside, instead?” Tiffany questioned.

“Oh, no need..” Sooyoung answered “I’m okay..” she added “besides, it’s only outside this room..”

Tiffany nodded, seeing the tall girl going out while dragging her iron bar which has an infuse bottle on it.

Tiffany walked closer to another tall figure that is still staying inside the room, patting her shoulder lightly, giving a small smile as she spoke “she will be okay, Yoona.. she is more stronger than we know..” she said, giving a reassuring smile “and now, she becomes a lot more stronger.. more than she has ever be..”