chap 48

I Want You Only

Sooyoung took her steps, going inside the room, walking closer to the bed, staring at the only figure lying there, sleeping peacefully.

The tall brunette is walking to the other side of the bed, sitting on the empty space, on the left side of the sleeping figure.

“..grandma..” Sooyoung called gently, having a tired smile on her face, placing a soft kiss on the old lady’s temple before her hand reaching the old lady’s left, the other hand still gripping the magazine tightly “…how are you?”

The old lady is staying still, unmoving..

 

“Grandmaa!!” little Soooyoung called, waving excitedly “come play with mee!!” she shouted to the person who is standing on the only wooden house near the beach, while the little kid already running around for almost an hour, playing with the little dog her grandma bought, digging on the sand, even collecting some shells.

The old lady are already looking after the little kid since before, and the invitation make her smile go wider. This is one of the reason, why she loves the little girl just too much, the reason why she doesn’t feel lonely despite losing the love of her life..

It’s her Sooyoung.. her granddaughter.. the one who always gives her strength with that wide innocent smile..

Wearing still the sweet smile, the old lady folded her long pants up to her knees before walking closer to little Sooyoung.

“Oh my..” Sooyoung’s grandma shook her head slightly after looking at her granddaughter’s state.

“Grandmaa!! Look what I found!!” she shouted excitedly, sands all over her face, her clothes and hairs all wet, soaked badly, the strong wind can’t even stop her from playing, and she doesn’t care at all, just spending her time greatly, with her only grandma.

Little Sooyoung is running all her way to her grandma, making the old lady squatted with wide open arms, ready to wrap the little kid in her embrace.

“Grandmaa!” little Sooyoung crushed the old lady down with a hard sweet hug, making her grandma sitting on the dirty wet sands, giggling along together.

“Aigo, Sooyoungie.. you make grandma’s clothes all dirty now..”

Little Sooyoung giggled, before she stared at the old lady with her big round eyes “grandma!! Look!!” little Sooyoung chirped joyfully, opening both her gripped hand, revealing various kinds of shells, starting from that one like a snail house, or even the cone ice cream like.

“They’re beautiful, aren’t they?!”

The old lady chuckle at the childish act, nodding slightly while wrapping her left arm around the little girl waist, to prop up the kid “Yeahh.. they’re really beautiful..”

“I found them all!” she boasted, grinning.

“Really?”

“Yess!!” little Sooyoung answered enthusiastically “I found them there, there, and there!!” she said, pointing some spots, randomly.

The old lady giggled, staring at the cheerful smile the little kid shows, like she has no fear, no doubt, no problem.. nothing matter.. she just can find happiness everywhere.. and is it too much to hope for that smile to last forever?

“That’s really good, youngie..” the old lady smile, ruffling the little girl’s hairs “they’re all so beautiful..”

“Of course!!” little Sooyoung replied proudly “this is all for grandma..” she added, smiling sweetly, pushing her left hand full of little shells to her grandma “and this is for sulli..” she said, pulling the other hand.

The old lady chuckled “ah, so you collected that for sulli too?”

“Yess, of course!!” the tall little girl grinned “it such a pity that sulli can’t come..” she added “if only  mommy and daddy doesn’t need to bring her in their business trip..” she mumbled “it’s more fun being here, right grandma? I bet sulli would love to join us too.. sulli likes swimming.. she will love this..next time we go here, let’s bring sulli along, okay?”

The old lady sighed, staring at the little girl who is still mumbling words, but a small smile still formed on her face, lifting her hand to caress the little girl’s face.

“Youngie..”

“Hmm?” the little kid hummed, giving an innocent smile.

“You know that grandma loves you, right?”

“Of course grandma… youngie loves you too!”

The old lady chuckled “then, can you do grandma a favor?”

“Of course!! I will do anything for you, grandma!” little Sooyoung nodded enthusiastically.

“Youngie, you know that grandma won’t always be with you, right?”

“Hmm? Why?” little Sooyoung frowned “are you going somewhere?”

“No..” the old lady smiled “but, promise grandma, a lot of things may happen in the future, but whatever happened, you can’t give up, okay? Can you do that for grandma?”

“Sure! I can do that!” the little kid grinned childishly, before another frown appeared on her face “but, you’re not leaving me, right grandma?”

“Of course I won’t, youngie..” her grandma said, bringing another smile on the little kid’s face.

“Then, if I grow up later, let’s just live together here!!” little Sooyoung said excitedly “so that I can play all dayyy!!” she giggled, making her grandma laughing along with her “but that time, let’s bring sulli along, okay?”

“Okay, youngie..”

“Promise?”

“Promise..”

 

Sooyoung’s eyes still glued on the lying old lady, wearing a weak smile “are you feeling better?” she asked.

But no words replied.. nothing..

“I miss you..” she mumbled softly “..so much..”

“..have you seen the news?” Sooyoung asked, starting a conversation like how she always does, placing the magazine on the small table beside the hospital bed “..I’m all over the news now..” she added, escaping a bitter chuckle.

“I know that this will eventually happen.. I know this day will come..” Sooyoung said “but no matter how many times I tell myself that it’s okay..”

“..grandma.. it’s hurt..”

“..can’t you open your eyes and tell me that?” Sooyoung mumbled “tell me that everything will get better.. or—or tell me that no matter what happen, you’ll still be with me..”

“I need you grandma..” Sooyoung whispered weakly, lifting her hand, brushing the back of her grandma’s hand on her cheek “I need you to hug me and tell me that everything is going to be okay..”

But still, the old lady stayed unmoved.. eyes still closed..

Sooyoung let out another bitter chuckle “but still.. I won’t give up.. as how I promise..” she whispered “I will wait, grandma.. for you to wake up..” she added “even if it takes forever..”

With that, Sooyoung placed another soft kiss on the old lady’s temple, giving a weak sweet smile and bidding her goodbye before going out from the place.

-----

 

The living room filled with a great silent, nobody even dare to speak or asking any question about the news.

They all seem, lifeless..

They’ve been trying to call every persons or places that may know where the tall girl be right now, but they still got nothing..

And that’s when Taeyeon suddenly break it “fany.. have you called the hospital?”

“Hmm? Hospital?” Tiffany’s eyes widened, like she got some hope left, quickly taking her phone, dialing the hospital’s number, the same hospital where she knows Sooyoung’s grandma is.

But just before she can dialing the number, a crack sound from the front door make all figures stiffen, frozen in their spots, all eyes swiftly darted on the only living room’s door where people comes inside from the front door.

Seconds passed when a familiar tall figures appear to the living room, but the girl doesn’t even took any glances to the living room, either she knows or not, she is walking right to her room, wanting to avoid any kind of talk, seeing the tall brunette, Taeyeon quickly make her way to her cousin, before the latter can leave the big living room.

“Soo! Where have you been?!” the shorter girl scolded instantly, grabbing her cousin’s shoulder to meet her gaze, meeting Sooyoung’s empty eyes, all red and tired.

“Soo..” Taeyeon softened on the sight “where have you been?”

“..visiting grandma..” Sooyoung replied softly, giving a weak smile.

“Soo-..”

“I’m tired..” Sooyoung cut “and sleepy..” she added “I will just rest inside my room..”

“No..” Taeyeon hold the brunette’s arm, preventing her cousin to go further from her “stay with us..” she said “I won’t let you go inside your room, locking yourself there, and start thinking all that useless thought..” she added, caressing the taller girl’s cheek “please?”

Sooyoung sighed, having no more strength to argue, she follow her cousin to the living room, giving her girlfriend a tired smile before sitting beside the latter, Yoona can’t even say a word. A huge relieved washed her only by seeing the tall girl come home.

Sooyoung leaned her back on the couch, her eyes landed on the magazine on the table, by that, she knows that all her friends already saw the news.

Feeling all eyes darted on her, Sooyoung gave a soft chuckle “..I’m okay..” she said “don’t worry..” but nobody even say a word, and Sooyoung knows, how much all her friends worrying her.

Standing from her seat, she spoke “I’m going to have a drink..” before making her way to the kitchen.

Just when Sooyoung left, two figures are standing from their seat swiftly, but throwing each other an unreadable look.

“Taeng…” Jessica called, holding the shorter girl’s hand “I know you’re dead worried right now…” she said “but so does Yoona..”

“Can you let them have a talk?”

Taeyeon sighed, saying no word, she sits back on her couch.

Yoona eyed her blonde bestfriend, giving a grateful smile, going after her girlfriend, before Jessica leaned closer to her girlfriend, placing a soft kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek, hugging her tightly “she is going to be okay..” Jessica whispered “she has you.. and yoona.. and us..” she mumbled, feeling a slight nod from the latter on her neck “she’ll be okay..”

-----

 

 

Yoona walked into the kitchen, finding her girlfriend standing in front of the sink, holding a glass of water with her, back facing her.

Swiftly, Yoona sneak both her arms around Sooyoung’s waist, hugging the latter tightly, buried her face into the latter’s back.

A small smile formed on the taller brunette’s lips, before she placed her glass, releasing Yoona’s arms from her wrist, turning her body to face her girlfriend, and immediately, Yoona hug the latter tighter, burying her face on Sooyoung’s neck.

“Hey.. do I make you worry?” Sooyoung asked softly, gently running her fingers between Yoona’s hairs.

“So much..”

Sooyoung let out a soft chuckle by that “I’m sorry..” she whispered.

“It’s not enough..” Yoona replied, pulling herself slightly from the hug, pouting, arms still circling around Sooyoung’s waist.

“Then, what can I do for my beautiful baby, so that she is not mad to me?” Sooyoung asked playfully, but eyes can’t lie, and Yoona see it through Sooyoung’s tired eyes.

And instead of answering, Yoona brought both her hands, cupping her girlfriend’s face, crushed her lips with Sooyoung, pouring all her worry, fear, into a breathless kiss.

Breaking from the kiss, Sooyoung let out a soft giggle “baby.. shouldn’t I be the one who make you feel better?”

Yoona blushed by how Sooyoung called her, she likes it, no, she loves it, making Sooyoung let out another giggle, but Yoona pouted, her arms still circling around her girlfriend’s neck.

“Why?” Sooyoung asked, wrapping her arms around Yoona’s waist.

“If it hurts, can’t you just tell me?” Yoona replied, gazing through her girlfriend’s eyes.

“It hurts..” Sooyoung smiled softly, leaning her temple on Yoona’s “but I will be okay, knowing you’re here, with me..” she said, before pressing her lips on Yoona’s, and the girl doesn’t even wait to respond to that lips.

They’re still kissing when Sooyoung’s phone ring.

Sooyoung pulled herself from the kiss, shoved her pocked to take her phone, looking at the caller id.

“It’s the hospital..” Sooyoung mumbled, turning her phone to let her girlfriend took a glance on it.

Yoona pouted, needing more than a kiss, but she nodded slightly, letting her girlfriend to pick the call.

“Hello..” Sooyoung answered, still in the same position, doesn’t bothered about still being in Yoona’s embrace, while Yoona is watching her girlfriend’s closely, she just loves everything about the girl, her woman…

“What?” Sooyoung’s expression changed, hardened and getting pale by whatever she is hearing which definitely make Yoona worried.

“No..” the taller girl mumbled, her grip on the phone tightened.

“Soo..” Yoona called, hand gently caressing her girlfriend’s cheek “what happened? soo?”

But instead of answering, Sooyoung pulled out from Yoona’s embrace quickly, rushing out from the kitchen.

“Soo?!”

By the moment Yoona left the kitchen, going after her girlfriend, Sooyoung already disappeared, running all her might out from Taeyeon’s penthouse. Leaving everyone behind..