chap 24

I Want You Only

The dining room, as usual filled with laughter, scream, and noises from all the little kids. They’re all eating happily. And it’s obvious that a certain tall girl played a big part from that what’s look like a happy family, well, a family with 12 kids to be exact. She is to comfortable being here, just like how when she is with taeyeon, tiffany, hyoyeon, and sunny. And if there is a place she can call home, it only would be when she is with her bestfriend and this place.

Yoona who sits in front of the tall girl amused with what she just sees all this day. Since they’re sitting in front of each other, it makes yoona easier to observe the tall girl, which is become her only activity to do today, and strangely she is enjoying it a lot.

She can feel her heart beat crazily when the tall girl caught her staring by accident, or just how she find it hard to breath when the tall girl being to adorable even without trying to be while playing around with all the kids, or just how she is secretly wishing that she is the one in the tall girl’s embrace, when she sees sooyoung hugs the kids happily.

But, out from all that, she can’t help but wondering what’s wrong with her and all her thoughts today. She keeps on wondering whether if she is really falling for the tall girl already. But then she just shrugs the thought about that, because even if she really does, it’s not like she can make a move on the tall girl who still refuse to talk to her, at least for now.

It’s really like she found another side of choi sooyoung. A side where sooyoung not being cold like when she is at school, a side where sooyoung can enjoy herself with laughing, playing, being childish, and joking around, a side where sooyoung seems to become herself while being all sweet to the kids, and a side that only she knows. And she often caught herself smiling for no reason too, just like what she is doing right now.

“Uh.. I hate carrots..” sooyoung whined while looking at her plate.

“Uh.. I hate beans..” the little girl who is sitting beside her, whined, mimicking the tall girl.

Both of them then turned and staring at each other, slowly wide grins appear on both figures faces.

“Jiyeon-ah…” sooyoung called the little girl who is sitting beside her softly.

“Yes, unnie..” the little girl answered still with the grin.

Sooyoung then turned her head left and right slowly, looking for a certain someone. After make sure than the person she is looking for is not in the dining room, she swiftly puts her carrots on jiyeon’s plate and take the beans to hers. They then exchange another grin before eating their dinner.

“Ckck.. you’re teaching her bad things, unnie..” eunjung commented “I will tell aunty song about this…” she added, not forgetting to mention about the person sooyoung looking just now.

“Why?” sooyoung asked “we’re just doing some exchange.. right jiyeon?” sooyoung turned to face the little kids, and jiyeon nodded while smiling.

“You’re spoiling each other..” eunjung said earning agreement from another kids.

“No.. it’s not true..” sooyoung stared while giving an innocent look. Jiyeon who stared at her favorite unnie all the time, then turned her head to stared at eunjung and giving exactly the same expression sooyoung gave and state the exact phase sooyoung said.

Seeing that, sooyoung chuckled and ruffling the little girl’s hair “you’re really my favorite kid..” and the younger one just stared back at her with another grin before wrapped sooyoung’s slender waist with her tiny arms.

“See!?” eunjung shaked her head lightly “I’ve always wondered where she learn all that things” she added “and finally I know that she is copying you…” she sighed “and unnie, you’re seriously spoilt her so much..”

“It’s okay..” sooyoung said playfully “because she is mini sooyoung… right jiyeon?” she ruffles the little girl’s hair, which responded with an enthusiastic nodding.

Just then, aunty song comes, sitting on her seat, “what happened?” she asked.

“sooyoung unnie..”

“Today’s dinner really delicious..” sooyoung cut before eunjung finished her sentence, staring at aunty song with her innocent smile.

“Really?” aunty song asked, raising her brow which make her wrinkles become more deep “I thought you don’t like carrots which is in for today’s dinner..”

“Nope, I already ate all my carrots..” the tall girl said proudly, pushing her plate slightly to make the older woman take a look at it.

“And it seems that jiyeon enjoying today’s dinner too, eventhough there are beans..” aunty song stared at the little girls with a playful smile, she obviously know what happened. It’s not like this is the first time they’re doing it.

“Nope, I already ate all my beans..” little jiyeon said proudly, mimicking the tall girl while pushing her plate towards aunty song.

Aunty song stared back at the two figures who is now have the same expression on their faces, holding her laughter, before giggling “is it only me, or you two really starting to look alike?”

And aunty song comment just make all persons there burst into laughter. And that is how they spend their every weekend, by teasing and mocking each other like a real family, because sooyoung presence added more happiness in that place.

And the most important thing that yoona found out that she knows how precious that place and the kids for sooyoung and just as precious sooyoung for all the kids. She can see it in every kid eyes, from how they will glue to the tall girl all day, not only the little jiyeon, but for all the kids as well.

And for sooyoung, no matter how tired she is, she never stops playing with them all day. It’s like they don’t want to miss a second without each other. It’s like they treasure each second with each other, and doesn’t want to let each other go from their sight. And just like how every families do.

-----

 

“Okay, kids..” sooyoung is standing in front of the house “see you next week..” she smile, and squatted, letting each kids giving a peck on her cheek while yoona is standing beside her, her eyes capture every moment which including the tall girls in, with a smile on her face.

The last little girl walked closer and just standing there with a sad face and pouting.

“Why, jiyeon-ah..” sooyoung give the little girl a smile “you’re not going to give me a kiss?” she added still smiling.

“Why don’t you just sleep here, unnie?” she asked, frowning.

“It’s too far from my college, baby…” she said smiling, putting her hand on the little girl face “besides, I want to give all of you time to miss me..” she said, grinning.

“But, when will you sleep over here again, soo-unnie?” the little girl asked with a sad face “you’re seldom doing that these days..” she whined.

“I am busy with school these days, little baby..” sooyoung gave a sweet smile, caressing jiyeon cheek with her thumb “but I promise you, I will sleep over here as soon as possible, okay?”

“Really?” the little girl asked excitedly

“Of course..” she smiled “have you ever see me broke my promise?”

Jiyeon shakes her head slightly, but still pouting.

“Why?” sooyoung asked, concerned, but jiyeon only lift her tiny hand, and raise her pinkie finger.

“Promise?”

Sooyoung chuckled, linking their pinkie together, grinning “promise..”

Jiyeon then puts both her tiny hands on sooyoung’s face, and gives the tall girl a peck on her nose and on her lips which made sooyoung giggled and ruffled her hair playfully.

“But, be a good kid while I am not here, okay?” and jiyeon just nodded her head before wrapping the tall girl in her tiny embrace.

They then bid their goodbye and yoona followed the tall girl to her car.

In the car, it seems like sooyoung already come back to her cold self. She is not saying anything, even a word to her. She is only having her eyes on the road and focused driving.

After more than two hours in silence, they finally arrive in front of yoona’s home. But sooyoung still doesn’t say a word.

“Thanks..” yoona said, staring at the tall gill after seeing that she won’t said anything.

“Hmm..” sooyoung just nodded her head.

“Soo..”

“It’s getting late..” sooyoung cut, she surely avoiding any topic with the other girl.

“Is it that hard?” yoona asked “am I asking too much for being your friend?” seeing no response, getting frustrated she continued “can you at least give me a reason why?”

There is a moment of silence before sooyoung answered.

“There is nothing between us since the beginning..” she paused “so, why should we right now?” she sighed “trust me, yoona..” she stared straight to the front, still refusing to face the other girl “you won’t need a friend like me..”

“You’re not giving me a reason..” yoona stated.

“Because you don’t need any..” she said earnestly “isn’t that enough to tell you that you won’t need a friend like me?”

“You..”

“Why do you want to me my friend, yoona?” sooyoung cut, leaning herself on the steering wheel, with her chin rested on her folded arms, doesn’t care about yoona who she knows, still has her eyes on her since the beggining.

“I.. I..” she keeps thinking, but nothing comes to her mind, it’s not like she can tells the tall girl that she is in love with her. She has two reasons for it, one, because sooyoung will definitely pulling herself back even more, and she doesn’t want that to happened, two, she, herself not really sure about her feeling towards the tall girl, so she can’t tell that, not now.

 “All you’re seeing right now, is not the choi sooyoung like how you think” she said slowly “I am not the perfect choi sooyoung that every people look as, not the rich and smart choi sooyoung that every people wish to be, not the..”

“I am not seeing you as how other people see..” yoona cut, which finally catch the tall girl’s attention. Sooyoung just turned her head and stared at the latter. It’s actually the first time someone saying things like that to her.

“And I don’t care about what people talk about you, or how they see you, or shy they want to be your friend.” She added “I don’t want to become your friend because you’re rich, or because you’re famous, or because you’re smart, or any reason you find from other people.”

“I am seeing you as choi sooyoung, a kind and caring person, a loveable person, someone who loves children so much, someone who can become really childish with kids, someone who will help other even when people already hurt her, someone who loves lover her family, friends..”

Sooyoung let out a bitter chuckled, staring back straight to the front “I wonder if all you said is true..” she whispered, but loud enough for yoona to hear “do you even know what are you talking about?”

“I don’t care whatever you’re thinking right now, soo..” yoona sighed “but, one thing for sure, I won’t stop just because you told me so…” and with that, she opened the car’s door, and left the car, going into her house.

Sooyoung has her eyes glued to the latter until she is out from her sight. “No..” she mumbled, placing one hand on her chest, feeling her heart beat abnormally “just because she said all that things, doesn’t mean she meant it, choi sooyoung..” she told helself “you can’t fall for her..” she let out a heavy breath “no, you can’t..” and then, she just drives, leaving that place while trying to forget every word that yoona just said.