chap 23

I Want You Only

“Are we almost there?” and for the nth times, yoona who is sitting on the backseat, asked the driver again.

“Yes, miss.. We’ll be there in a moment..” and she keeps receiving the same answer from tiffany’s driver. It’s actually a good thing that the driver still answered her same question in a good manner. Other people may get annoyed to be asked the same question more than 10 times already, less in an hour.

Yoona sighed “you’re telling me that since an hour ago..” she turned her head to the window beside her, and trying to enjoy the beautiful scenery through the window. She can see some rice fields, flowerbed, or things similar like that. She sometimes saw some houses or big buildings, but that’s really seldom. She feels like she is in a fieldtrip already.

And even the beautiful scenery in front of her can’t reduce her anxiousness. She keeps on fidgeting her fingers, sighing, and sitting there nervously. The long journey really do a good job to increase her anxious.

She keeps trying to make a conversation in her head about what to tell the tall girl, about what answer will she gives to every question that the other girl possibly asks, about every words she should say to make the tall girl willing to talk to her, and so on.

But one thing for sure, her curiosity about where would the driver takes her keep on distracting her thought. It’s been her second favorite question for today. And even if she keeps on asking, the driver will give the same answer “we’ll be there soon, miss..”, and that answer successfully keep her silent for minutes before she asked another similar question.

“We’re here, miss…” After an hour and half sitting in the car, the car finally stops in front of a well maintained house.

“Finally..” Yoona mumbled, then opened the car’s door and standing just beside the car, observing the house carefully.

“I’ll be leaving first, miss…” the driver said, bowing her head slightly.

“Oh, yeah.. Thank you..” yoona said, smiling, before watching the car out from her sight.

She takes a look around, and she realized that there is a black car parking in front of the house. And of course she knows who the owner is. She has even ride that car before, and she can feels her heart beat faster, worrying, excited, nervous, scared, all mixed to unknown feeling.

She walked closer to the low wood fence which just around her tummy, and stop there. She watched around, it’s actually a really big classic house with a wide spacious land in front of the house. It’s a one level house which made of wood, bamboo, and seems to be there for years already.

She stayed there when her eyes found a bunch of little kids around 10 or more playing water gun on the spacious land. It seems that the kids are maybe around 5-10 years old. And there is another tall figure which is playing with them, and she can feel her heart beat even faster.

She scanned the tall figure with her eyes, and she can see the tall girl smiling, laughing, while playing happily with the kids, something that she has never seen before. The tall girl still look adorable attractive even when she is drenched from playing the water gun with the kids.

Geezz..” yoona mumbled “how can someone become that attractive  in a plain shirt and short pants, even when drenched?”

She walked closer, and just then all that kids and the tall girl stop their game and stared at her. The tall girl is obviously surprised seeing her there. And when their eyes meet with each other, yoona can feel that her heart is about to explode. They are standing there in silent, each don’t really know what to say.

Gez, that hwang..” sooyoung doesn’t even bother to think about why the girl is standing there right now.

“Unnie, is she your friend?” a girl in around six nudged sooyoung’s arm, taking her back from her thought.

“Jiyeon-ah.. you and all the kids should go inside and shower, okay..” sooyoung squatted to meet the little girl’s eyes “I don’t want you all getting sick and have a reason not to go to school tomorrow..” she smiled and pinch the girl’s nose playfully.

“But, unnie.. I still want to play…” she whined “you just come here once a week.. I miss you a lot…” she added before pouting.

Sooyoung chuckled “I will just talk to my friend for a while..” she said, ruffling the little girl’s hair “after you all finished shower, we will play another game, okay?” sooyoung smile sweetly which make the other girl who stand there finding it hard to breath.

“Really?” the little girl smile excitedly and seeing sooyoung nodding make her running inside the house while jumping in joy, followed by other kids, filling the house with scream and yell about who will shower first.

Sooyoung just shaked her head with a sweet smile still plastered on her face before calling another kid “Eunjung..” sooyoung face the girl who seems to be the oldest “make sure that everything okay..” she smiled and the girl called eunjung just nodded before follow the other kids inside the house.

Sooyoung then turned her attention back to the other girl whose eyes doesn’t even miss a second from following sooyoung’s act. Upon seeing sooyoung gaze, feeling startle, all yoona did just turned her head to face somewhere else but the tall girl, embarrassed.

Sooyoung sighed before walking closer to the house and sitting on the board made of wood which around knee-high, exactly in front of the house, sheltered by tied hay and thick bamboo from above.

“Take a sit..” sooyoung eyed the girl who seems feeling nervous.

Without saying a word, yoona walked closer to the tall girl and sitting beside her, hoping that she wouldn’t hear her crazy heart beat.

There is a moment of silence, before yoona brave herself and talked to the girl beside her “you’re not asking who brought me here?” she asked, trying to ease the awkwardness between them.

Sooyoung still has her eyes to front, sighed “it is exactly not taeyeon… sunny hasn’t even deal with hyomin... and hyoyeon wouldn’t do these kind of things..” she paused, turned to look at the other girl “who left?” she sighed and turned to face the front again, Yoona just chuckled a bit.

“You don’t take a shower too? Or at least change your clothes?” yoona asked the tall girl, concerned “you can get sick..”

“You’re not suppose to be here…” sooyoung added.

“Why?” yoona paused “because of your promise with your cousin?”

Sooyoung turned back to face the doe eye girl, “how much did tiffany tell you?” she asked.

“Nothing much.. she just told me about why you don’t talk with us..” she said “and show me a place where you will be, at your free time” she added in her thought.

Sooyoung nodded “then.. you should go home now..” she was about to stand up, but yoona hold her wrist.

“Please.. I just want to talk to you…” she said nervously “besides, tiffany’s driver already went home..”

Sooyoung took a deep breath before sitting back beside the latter.

“I’m sorry, sooyoung…” she said sincerely, but the tell girl doesn’t even looking at her, she just stared nowhere, her eyes wondering everywhere but yoona.

“I know it was my fault..” she said “and I’m here to apologize…” looking that the tall girl who doesn’t seem to have a word to say, she continued “can we at least be friend?” she asked, hoping to hear the other girl to say something.

“I forgive you..” sooyoung slowly said “I don’t think that it is something I should make a big deal about” she stated “but.. I don’t think you will need a friend like me..”

“But..”

“I usually go home after dinner..” sooyoung cut “if you want to, I can drive you home later..” she added “now, excuse me.. I still have another thing to do..” she said before stand up and walking inside the house.

Yoona just sigh, she can do nothing about that. Sooyoung doesn’t even want to talk to her. Just when she drown in her deep thought, thinking about other way to make sooyoung to talk to her, a voice startled her.

“Are you sooyoung’s friend?” a woman in around her 40 asked.

“Ah.. y-yes..” yoona looked at the old lady who is sitting beside her, wondering who she is “she is my classmate..” she smiled.

“Oh..” the old lady nodded her head, smiling “it’s really rare to see sooyoung brings her friend here..”

“Err.. honestly, she doesn’t bring me here..” yoona sighed “I know this place from a friend.. so yeah.. I just coming here because I want to talk to her..” she paused “and, she refuse to have a conversation with me…” yoona added sadly.

The old lady let out a slight chuckle “are you her girlfriend?” she asked which make the young girl blushing “because you look like you want to make up for your fight with your girlfriend..” she added.

“N-no..” yoona turned her head, trying to hide her red face “i-I’m j-just h-her classmate, mam..”

The old lady just gives a smile “just call me, aunty Song.. every kids here call me that..” she smiled “I’m the owner of this place.”

“Ahh, yeah.. aunty song..” yoona smiled back “err.. can I ask you something?”

“Hmm?” aunty song turned and stared at yoona

“Is this place is an orphanage?” yoona asked carefully

“Oh, yes..” the old lady replied, she gives another warm smile “I’ve been taking care for this place for years.. it’s been more than 20 years already..”

“Hmmm..” yoona nodded “can I know why sooyoung here?” of course that it would be a question about why sooyoung can be in a place that even take around 1-2 hours from her home. It's in countryside.

“Oh, sooyoung is the biggest donator for this orphanage. She has been helping me to take care for this place and the kids for more than 2 years already…” she let out a slight chuckle “since 2 years ago, she would come here every weekend just to bring a lot of things for the kids or just simply to play with them..”

“Hmm.. just that?” yoona asked hesitantly.

The old lady stared at her for a while, saying nothing, seems like she is thinking about something, and than she just nodded her head slightly, before turned her head back to face the front yard.

Is she hiding something?” yoona thought, obviously doesn’t trust what the old lady said. The fact is the old lady even doesn’t say anything about her question “just when I thought that I find something new about you, you give me another mystery, choi sooyoung…” she sighed.

“How..”

“Hey..” aunty Song cut “would you like to join us for dinner later?” she obviously doesn’t want to continue the topic.

Yoona stared for a while, thinking. There are a lot of questions in her mind right now, but knowing that the old lady obviously dodging the topic, make her holding herself from asking. "maybe i can ask later..." she thought. Then she just let a smile shown on her face “I would love to..”