chap 55

I Want You Only

“I can’t do that, mom!” Taeyeon’s voiced echoed in Mrs.Kim’s office room. It was after the family meeting this morning, which surely left some shock on all of the persons there.

“I’m not going to have another argument with you, Tae..” Mrs.Kim said firmly “either you like it or not, you’re going to take my place after I retired..”

“But mom! How about the school?!” Taeyeon argued back “I’m doing everything I can to run that school!! It’s my dream! so does dad!”

“It’s this company that provides your needs, Tae, Not that school..” Mrs.Kim said firmly.

“But, Mom!! You--..”

“I have give you enough time to play with that, and it still gives you nothing..”

“I never played with that school! It’s my dream! I-..”

“I let you run that school, hoping that at least it will get like what you want..” Mrs.Kim said “but now it’s nothing more than a were house…”

“Give me more time..” Taeyeon bargained “I will get the school well known like how dad’s wish..”

“You’re running out of time, Tae..”

“Mom-..”

“You can’t keep on depending on something that resulting nothing..”

“Mom-..”

“We’re doing business, Tae.. we develop something that affording advantage, and leaving something that gives nothing..”

“I’m not doing business..” Taeyeon stubbornly said “I’m chasing my dreams..”

“Business what keep you alive..”

“But-…”

“And your dreams, gives you nothing..”

“It does..” Taeyeon argued “it gives me something more.. so much more than you can imagine..”

“I am the one who is feeding you, Tae.. not your school..” Mrs.Kim replied.

“Mom, I am doing my best to get the school developing like how dad’s wish..”

“He might will be more happy to see you stop struggling over that were house..”

“It’s not a were house..” Taeyeon stated firmly.

“It will become like it one day..”

“Mom!”

“That’s it.. you’re going to listen to my words, Tae…”

“I don’t want to! How many times that I need to tell you that?”

“You already heard grandma’s testament..” Mrs.Kim said “Choi Sooyoung is going to handle all the Company business by Choi’s group now..” she added “and with that, I want you to slowly take my place before I really retired..”

“Mom!! I don’t want to!!”

“I know this is going to happen..” Mrs.Kim ignored “judging from how much your grandma loves your cousin, I’m pretty sure that she will bequeath everything to her..”

“Sooyoung obviously is going to face some problems with that..” Mrs.Kim said “even so, I don’t really care about it..” she added, sighing.

“I only want you to take over my share..” Mrs.Kim added “I’m not going to give it to my brothers..” she added “never..”

“That’s the reason why I called you to come this morning..” Mrs.Kim said “Taeyeon, I want you to take my position..”

“Mom-..!!”

“That’s why, Taeyeon..” Mrs.Kim cut “you’re going to take my place.. no matter what..”

“Mom, please can-..”

“There is a company dinner party tomorrow night..” Mrs.Kim ignored her daughter pleading “to congratulate your cousin as the new director of the Choi’s group.. as well as to introduce her to all the big family of Choi’s group..”

“Mom-..”

“That’s why Taeyeon, I want you to be there tomorrow night..” Mrs.Kim said.

“I will introduce you to the public as the one who is going to take care of my place at the company..” she added.

“I don’t-..”

“I will only say that you’re going to take my place one day, but I won’t announce the time yet..”

“I still don’t want to..”

“You don’t have any choice, Tae..” Mrs.Kim said

“mom-..”

“Up to this day, your school can still keep going on because I am the biggest donator of that school, I am the one who is supporting the school..” Mrs.Kim said “and when the time has come, when I want you to take over my seat.. I will stop being the donator..”

“Either you like it or not, you have to do as I said..”

“You always do that! you always push your wills towards others!!”

“I am just trying to give you what I think will be the best for you, Tae..”

“I know what best for me! all you did was only for your own good, for the company! You never thought about us, me or dad, never!”

“Tae-..”

“I won’t do whatever you said! I have my own life!! and I’m not going to take over your position!” with that, Taeyeon stormed out from the room, oblivious about a certain figure hiding beside the door, near a wall.

 

She hears everything..

She knows it..

 

“Whatt!? Are your mom in the right mind when she made her testament? How come she gives everything only to her granddaughter? And it’s not even her real granddaughter..”

Sooyoung recognize the owner of the voice as her aunt, obviously, who else would object the will. But even so, Sooyoung is just standing in front of the meeting room, she is already out when she hear the argument. And who’s left in the meeting room is just the four elders.

“Are you all going to let her take over the company? Are you all going to let her being the director of the Choi’s group?!”

“Honestly, I don’t really mind.. if mom bequeath everything to her, mom must be sure that Sooyoung is capable of handling all that things..” Mr.Choi, Sooyoung’s father voiced.

“That’s absurd!” Sooyoung’s uncle said “shouldn’t mom at least leave something for us? We’re her family.. her real family!! She has another granddaughters and grandsons, and she left everything for Sooyoung?! Someone who is not even related to her by blood!??”

“Aside from that, she doesn’t have any business background! She will get the company down!”

“I don’t have anything to oppose that decision either..” Mrs.Choi said “I believe mom’s decision.. I know she wouldn’t risk the company going bankrupt.. if mom gave it to Sooyoung, she must have a reason, and she must know that Sooyoung is capable of it..”

“Are you crazy?!” the other old lady asked disbelievingly “You have Sulli.. and she got nothing!!”

“Besides, it’s not like we can do object the testament..” Mr.Choi added.

“We can…” Sooyoung’s uncle said “of course we can..” he added, giving a sly smirk.

 

Sooyoung heard the plan. She doesn’t really sure if her parents will agree on it anyway, she can’t listen to it well, and she needs to get out from the place before the four elders found out that she is eavesdropping.

And the only thing that fills her mind is how to either take the seat director or not, how to execute her grandma’s last will, and how, she in such a young age run the company, and making all the elders take her side.

Wait, she heard the plan..

And something hit her..

It means that she can still prevent her uncle and aunt to play that dirty plan, right?

Something that obviously can save more dreams..

Without wasting more time, the tall figure is making her way inside Mrs.Kim’s office room, walking closer and stopped right in front of the old lady’s desk.

Feeling the tall girl’s presence, Mrs.Kim lifted her head from her paper, only to be greeted by a familiar face, wearing an emotionless face.

“Well.. I honestly find it more surprising, to find myself not even surprise to see you here.. Choi Sooyoung..”