chap 49

I Want You Only

“What?! what happened?!” Taeyeon quickly barged in after seeing her tall cousin going out, holding Yoona’s wrist who is walking after the girl to ask.

“Wait, soo!!” Yoona called her girlfriend.

“Yoona, what-..”

“I would have known if you didn’t pull me!!” Yoona snapped, getting her girlfriend out from her sight already, making the shorter one quite shock with the sudden outburst, releasing her grip, and all of them running after the girl, but finding nothing in Sooyoung’s parking lot.

The girl already left..

 

“So-sorry..” Taeyeon mumbled.

Yoona sighed, nodding slightly “she got a call..” she voiced, looking at her friends in turn. They’re all standing in the parking lot, every one of them still catching their breath “from hospital..” she added “do you know something?” she eyed Taeyeon.

“No..” Taeyeon mumbled “but we can find out..” she added “let’s go to the hospital..” she said, quickly walking closer to her car which parked right beside Sooyoung’s parking lot “we will use my car and Hyo’s..”

Jessica, Yoona, Tiffany and Yuri all went with Taeyeon, while Seo, sunny, and hyomin are going with Hyo. Since the hospital is quite far from the city, it took longer to arrive. Feeling in rush, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon speeded up their car, and in no time they spotted the tall brunette’s car quite further from theirs.

With that, they’re trying to keep the same speed for not to losing the girl’s car from their sight.

It’s when they’re in their way to the hospital, Taeyeon’s phone ring. Taking a glance at the called id, Taeyeon pick it up.

“Yes mom?” she answered, keeping her eyes in the road. Taeyeon listened to her mother’s word carefully, getting pale from it for she knows, how much it would affect her tall cousin, So much more than she can imagine.

“What happened?” Jessica questioned.

“This is absolutely bad..” and that’s the only words that escapes Taeyeon’s lips before focusing her eyes on the certain car only, speeding her car more.

 

The trip which usually supposed to take around 2 hours or more to the hospital, reduced to not even two hours, the not so crowded street and the rush between the drivers get it in around one and half an hour.

Sooyoung didn’t even park her car properly, leaving it in rush, going all her might into the familiar building, the building that she just left not too long ago.

In seconds, Taeyeon’s car, so does hyo’s arrived as well, and with the very same rush, all girls followed the tallest girl behind, going to a room.

They all stop frozenly in front of the door, while all eyes glued on the tall girl who is standing beside the bed, occupying by a lifeless soul.

“I’m sorry miss Sooyoung..” Dr.han said “we’ve tried our best..” he added “but as how we said since these past few months, your grandma is already too old, and she can’t take all the medicine anymore..”

“No..” Sooyoung mumbled, her eyes lost in emptiness.

“She has been keeping up with the treatment, but it seems that nothing chance..” Dr.han added “the medicine and treatment do nothing for her miss Sooyoung..”

“Noo!!!” Sooyoung yelled, tears already flowing out from her eyes, grabbing the doctor’s collar “bring her back!! You’re a doctor!! This is your job!!”

“Miss Sooyoung, please calm down..” Dr.han said, grabbing both the tall brunette’s wrist to prevent the latter to hurt him “we did everything we can..”

“Then try harder!!” the brunette yelled hysterically, shaking the poor doctor furiously “do something!!”

“Miss Sooyoung, we’re really sorry..” and that’s what keeps escaping the doctor’s lips. He saw this a lot, the taken soul, the grieving families, but he is only a doctor, not God, he can’t call back that soul that already giving up on the cruel world.

“Pleasee..” Sooyoung begged, tears still coming down from her eyes “you can’t be right..” she mumbled “my grandma is okay..” she said, releasing her grip from the doctor’s collar, walking closer to her grandma.

“Grandma..” Sooyoung called softly, caressing that cold and pale cheek “please wake up..” she mumbled “you can’t leave me..”

All girls there are crying along with the tall girl, they know how much it hurt the girl, losing someone who loves her and she loves so much, just too much.

Taeyeon’s wiped her teased harshly with the back of her hand, walking closer to her tall cousin “soo.. come on.. grandma-..”

“No, she is okay..” Sooyoung mumbled, shrugging Taeyeon’s grip from her shoulder.

“Soo..”

“Grandma.. please open your eyes.. you can’t do this to me!” Sooyoung’s tone higher “you promised to live with me, remember?” she said, wearing a soft smile by the memories.

“Soo-..”

“Grandma, please..” Sooyoung mumbled weakly, holding the old lady’s hand tightly, not wanting to let it go “please don’t leave..”

“Soo..” Taeyeon called “let’s go..”

“Noo!!” Sooyoung shrugged it harshly “grandma, you promised! You promised not to leave me!! you promised that we will living together!!” Sooyoung cried “you promised, grandma..”

“Soo!!” Taeyeon cried, she is grieving for losing her grandma too, but most of it, her heart broke by the sight of her broken cousin.

“Look at me!!” Taeyeon demanded, grabbing both Sooyoung’s shoulder to make the latter face her “she is gone..” she mumbled weakly “please let her go..”

“No..” Sooyoung shook her head lightly, her eyes staring to her cousin, but like seeing nothing “she can’t leave me like this..”

“Please, soo..”

“Noo!! Grandma promised me!! she can’t left me alone! she-..”

“Stop it!!” Taeyeon yelled “can’t you see that we’re hurting too!! can’t you see that we’re here for you!” Taeyeon burst “we’re here, soo.. we won’t leave you alone.. can’t you see us?”

Sooyoung calmed down by the word, even if her tears keep flowing out, she stared right into her cousin’s eyes.

“Please..” Taeyeon mumbled weakly, caressing her cousin’s cheek that drenched with tears, wiping it with her thumb.

Seeing her cousin saying no word, Taeyeon gently pulled the tall brunette into her embrace, hugging her tightly “we are here.. we won’t leave you..”

Sooyoung is obviously tired, hurting, broken, and all that happen in a day is just too much for her. she haven’t eat, haven’t sleep. She is just too tired that slowly, she feels her sight gets blurred, getting all she sees in dark before she finally lost her consciousness in Taeyeon’s embrace.

-----

 

Its three days that Sooyoung stayed in the hospital. She is not talking, not to anyone..

All girls, takes turn to accompany the tall brunette in the hospital, simply just talking random stuffs, not forcing the brunette to talk if she doesn’t want to. For Yoona and taeyeon, they’re both there, in the hospital, every day. And for both girls, including tiffany, hyo, and sunny, takes turn to sleep over in the hospital.

But that’s what scared Taeyeon’s more.

This is exactly what happened after the accident years ago. It took weeks for the brunette to talk like how she used to after the accident, and it just make Taeyeon wondering, how long it will take this time.

Sooyoung shut herself..

But just like how the other girls do, Taeyeon simply talk to her cousin like how she always does, not bothering if the tall girl will reply it or not.

She just wants Sooyoung to know that they care, they’re there with her, and they won’t leave her no matter what happened, or no matter how Sooyoung is trying to build a new wall..

 

That night, it supposed to be Yoona and Taeyeon turned to sleep over there, and so does them.

It’s early in the morning that yuri and tiffany are visiting only to find the bed which supposed to be filled by the tall brunette empty.

“Hey..” Tiffany shook Taeyeon’s tired body, making the shorter girl stirred from her sleep, while Yuri waked her friend up.

“What?” Taeyeon mumbled sleepily.

“Where’s soo?”

“Hmm.. still sleep-..” Taeyeon’s word got cut when seeing nobody in the bed.

“She is not sleeping..” Tiffany said “not in the bathroom either..”

Taeyeon swiftly jumped in surprised, seeing Sooyoung’s hospital clothes on the bed make her feel something wrong, quickly she opened a small drawer beside the bed, only to find Sooyoung’s car keys went missing, leaving a wallet and her phone there.

Taeyeon quickly walked out from the room, heading to the front desk “did you see Sooyoung?”

“Miss Sooyoung?” one of the nurse asked “I didn’t see her.. it’s still morning.. she is supposed to be in her room…”

“She is not there..” Taeyeon said, starting to get panic, eyeing another nurse, when Yoona, Tiffany, and Yuri already standing behind her “how about you?”

“I didn’t see Miss Sooyoung either..”

“Miss Sooyoung?” Another nurse who just arrived in the front desk said “is she maybe that tall girl who walked out few minutes ago?”

“You saw Sooyoung walked out?” Taeyeon questioned, her tone slightly raised “and you didn’t prevent her from doing so?!”

“I-I.. didn’t see her fa-face clearly.. so—so… I thought that she—she is a visitor Mi-miss..”

“Yah! You! she is a patient! And she is still too weak for going out!!”

“Taeng, come on!” Tiffany pulled Taeyeon’s shirt lightly “let’s going after her!!”

Taeyeon swiftly walked with her friends, but turned around the second after “you!” she warned, pointing at the nurse who told her that she sees her cousin “if something happened to my cousin, I will sue you! along with this hospital!” she said firmly, making the nurse pale, before leaving the hospital with other girls.

 

“Where should she go?” Tiffany voiced, while the yuri’s car already on the street. They just can’t wonder without any purpose.

Taeyeon seem to think before she voiced “grandma.. she must go there.. try the cemetery..”

Yuri is speeding her car, since its still morning, the street not that crowded, but what got their attention is when in one side of the long street, there is a big crowded, circling what seems like an accident.

One of the bystander stopped Yuri’s car, maybe to help and take the victim to the nearest hospital.

Taeyeon got out from the car, along with Tiffany and Yoona, and there when her face become even paler than it already was.

She knows the car..

It’s Sooyoung’s..