chap 20

I Want You Only

Sunny is just sitting in one of the seat that placed there, waiting for her workers to come. The café is still in a messy. It’s still in progress, so there are still a lot of things to do. The cashier counter is just finished by yesterday. The chairs and tables placed here and there.

Sunny is sitting there quietly, doing a check for some advisory which already scattered on the table in front of her. She still needs to list every thing that needed for her new café. She will do the opening soon, and she should make sure that everything perfect. She gets a lot of help from her father, and she is really grateful that at least, her father supports her.

She is drowning into the papers deeply, while sometimes a little smile will creep on her face. She doesn’t even realize that someone already enters the café.

“Ehem…” a small cough broke her attention from the paper.

“Oh, you’re he..” thinking her workers already arrive, she lift her head, and surprise to see her girlfriend standing in from of her. “H-hyomin?” and the latter only give her a sweet smile. “W-what are you doing here?” she asked

“Isn’t it obvious? Of course to meet you..”

Sunny stared at her girlfriend for a while, “this must be that Hwang..” she cursed on her thought,  before point to the seat across her, indicating the latter to sit. Without even thinking much, hyomin just sit there.

They’re sitting there in silence, and both of them just don’t know how to start the conversation. It’s been weeks since sunny avoided her girlfriend, and every word that hyomin had in mind went lost after facing sunny.

“..So..” sunny stared at her girlfriend “What is it?”

“Hmm?” Hyomin stared back.

“The reason you’re here..” sunny answered calmly.

“Err..” hyomin took a deep breath “I.. miss you..” she can feels cheeks grow hotter, so she just bend her head slightly, avoided the other girl eyes.

Sunny just stay still, doesn’t know what should she says. Staring at her girlfriend, she let out a small chuckle, and hearing that melodious voice from her girlfriend, hyomin lifts her head back and her eyes meet sunny’s. They seem drowning in their own world, so many things that they want to tell to each other. But a minute later, they both burst in laugh.

Sunny place the paper she hold, and move her hand on hyomin’s which placed on the table. “I miss you too..” she said softly, while brushing her thumb on hyomin’s back hand.

“I’m really sorry for acting childish these days..” sunny added “I shouldn’t blame you for what happened..”

Hyomin smiled, her girlfriend finally talk to her “it’s okay..” she flips her hand, and grab sunny’s hand “I am at fault too..”

“But still, I shouldn’t do this to you..” she sighed “I’m really sorry hyo..” she lifts her free hand to hyomin’s face, and caress it gently.

Hyomin can see sincerity from her eyes, and she just gives another smile to her lovely girlfriend. She is still staring at the latter, when sunny suddenly stand from her seat. She lean closer to hyomin, and the latter frozen on her seat.

Slowly, she can feel sunny breath on her face, “W-what a-are…” and just before she can finish her sentence, she found sunny’s lips on hers. Her mind went blank, and she blinked her eyes rapidly, before slowly closed it. And after a second, she found herself responding on her girlfriend kiss.

They’re still kissing passionately, when a voice from the door interrupted them. “What the hell are you doing!!?” an old lady in her 40th slightly raised her voice when looking at the scene.

They broke their kiss, turned their head to the direction. Sunny widened her eyes when she see the person, and standing there, is a figure that sunny hope she shouldn’t see, at least, not right now.

“That’s none of your business!” sunny answered coldly. She straightened her back, facing the old lady. And hyomin can feel that her girlfriend’s body tensed up.

“You kissed a girl?!!” the old woman asked.

Hyomin just looked at the two figures, keep herself silent.

“Didn’t I say that this is not your business?” sunny gave her a glare. “What are you doing here?!”

“Well, as a mother, should I explain why I am visiting my daughter?” mrs.lee walked closer.

“Tch..” sunny scoffed, she move her body slowly and standing in front of her girlfriend who is already standing as well “A mother? What a joke..” she said sarcastically.

“You should watch your words Lee sunny..” mrs.lee leaned closer “whether you like it or not, I am still your mother…”

“How do you find me?” she shot her mother a sharp look.

“Well, do you think that there is something that I can’t do?” a smirk appeared on her face “who do you think I am?” she straightened her back “a little information like this wouldn’t be so hard for me to get, my lovely daughter…”

“You asked your men to stalk me??” sunny glared at her mother.

“Hmm..” mrs.lee stand still with her arms folded in front of her chest “why? I just have to know how my daughter doing, right?”

“How could even you do that?!” she has her hands grip into a fist, until it got white. Seeing this, hyomin take sunny’s hand and held it in hers.

And mrs.lee obviously notice it “I am only going to give you a visit..” she sighed, her expression become darker.

“Do you think I will believe you?” sunny rolled her eyes

“And asking you to go home with me, and stop living with your rebel friends..” she added

“Don’t you dare saying that about my friend!!” she shot a fierce look “you know nothing about them..”

“Well, why should i?” mrs.lee answered “all I supposed to know that.. they’re all just troublesome spoiled rich brat..”

“You should know when to stop mrs.lee..” sunny glared at her mom

“Every thing that people said out there about them, is enough to tell me who they are..” mrs.lee ignored her daughter “they are nothing but a bunch of spoiled daughter from rich families…”

Sunny let another scoff escapes her lips “yeah.. but you should know that the person who you called spoiled brats, give your daughter a home..” she looked straight into her mother eyes “a family which she never has at that stupid house…”

Still in the same manner, “you should know that they are more than enough to give me a family..” she tried to control her breath “you’re the person who make me left that stupid house..” staring still to the old lady “because you always think that I will only cause you troubles…” she paused “now that I left, shouldn’t you be happy?”

“I am coming here with a good intention..” mrs.lee continued, ignoring what her daughter said “And what a shame to have see that my daughter is kissing with a girl..”

“That’s none of your business!!” sunny replied, her tone raised slightly “you don’t have any right to interfere with my personal life!!”

Mrs.lee scoffed “well, if you forget..” she glared at her daughter “I am your mother..”

“So what!!?” sunny snapped “you think that it gives you the right to do what ever you want?!!”

“I’m the owner of the biggest entertainment magazine industry in Korean.” Mrs.lee gave a cynical laugh “what do you think if people found out in one of my magazine..” she paused “that the daughter of lee’s, is in relationship with a girl?”

Sunny let out a sarcastic chuckled “so, you are thinking that I may ruin your reputation?”

“Even if you don’t have image to keep, you should know that I still have to keep our family’s reputation, lee sunny..” she said straightaway.

 “Family’s reputations? Yeah.. right..” Sunny let out a bitter laugh “Who you are joking with?” she stared at her mother “I never see dad making a deal about this..” she stated confidently “oh yeah..” she chuckled in sarcasm “of course you would have that.. all this time, that’s all you think about..”

“You better keep watch your word, sunny” mrs.lee took a glance at the girl behind her daughter “or, is this poor girl already taught you how to rebel to you your mother?”

“Don’t you dare saying that about her!!” she started raising her tone, her hand holding hyomin’s, refuse to let it go “aren’t you the one who taught me that?! If you can’t even watch your words, you shouldn’t have problem with mine!!”

“Are all poor people never taught about manners?” mrs.lee doesn’t even bothered to stop

“Shut up!!”

“Or, it’s only this girl?”

“I said, shut upp!!” sunny yelled in anger

“How much this girl spoiled you, sunny?” mrs.lee raised her brows

“You better go out from this place!!” sunny said coldly, she tried really hard to compose herself. She felt like she will lose her patience every second.

“Of course.. I am not a free as you do...” mrs.lee said “but, I will absolutely come back and make you leave this poor girl…” mrs.lee let out another sarcastic chuckled “and I will definitely give you no option but to go back home..” After saying that, mrs.lee get out from the café, went to her car and drive away from that place.

After her mother leave, sunny turned and facing her girlfriend “please, don’t take whatever she said about you..” she said slowly

Hyomin looked back at her girlfriend, caressing her cheek “don’t worry.. I am okay..” she whispered softly.

“You..” sunny paused, a hint of worry written all over her face “won’t leave me.. right?”

“Silly..” Hyomin chuckled, she cupped her girlfriend’s face with both her hands, give a peck on the tip of her nose “I love you too much for that..”

Sunny give her girlfriend another deep kiss on her lips, then her forehead, before taking her into her embrace “I love you too…”