chap 46

I Want You Only

Sooyoung is standing in front of the big Grand Hotel, her heart pounded greatly on her chest, nervously taking every step she should. Accompanying by all her friends, they ended up coming together, all ten of them, and Tiffany surely already get the agreement from the owner of the party.

I don’t care whoever you want to invite Tiffany.. as long as Sooyoung come.. everyone would be okay..” and that’s exactly how Mrs.Choi ended their conversation in phone.

It’s been 2 years since Sooyoung left her house, a place that she once called home.. now, it’s nothing more than a single memory..

Standing in front of the ballroom door, Sooyoung took another deep breath, before she stepped inside, along with her girlfriend, going after her friends who already inside minutes ago.

And sure, every pairs of eyes, darted right to the two tall beautiful figures in their similar short tight black dress who never failed to get the light.

Sooyoung made her way to a familiar circle of group, it’s her sister… the princess for today...

Standing right behind a girl with a pink dress, giving a small smile to the two men Sulli is talking with, which is actually her other cousin, Sooyoung cleared to get the girl attention, and the girl swiftly turned back, her eyes widened looking at the tall girl.

“Un-unnie!!” the girl’s shocked face turned into a wide big smile, before wrapping the girl into a tight hug “I miss you so much!!” she said, not caring about some glances from other people, her eyes getting wet, close to let the tears falls.

Feeling the tall girl not hugging her back, but Yoona can see how much her girlfriend is trying hard to hold herself from hugging back, Sulli pulled herself from the hug, staring at the tall girl sadly, but it can’t uncover how grateful she is for her sister’s presence “I miss you so much, Sooyoung unnie..” she whispered “thank you for coming..”

“..happy birthday.. sulli..” Sooyoung whispered, awkwardly handed the girl a small bag, her present for her dear little sister, a necklace she bought days ago, even before her mother tried to invite her to the party “..mm.. for you.. it’s from us..”

“Thank you so much.. unnie..” Sulli smiled over the simple words, planting a soft kiss on her sister cheek, before glancing to another girl who is standing beside her sister “hello.. are you Sooyoung unnie’s friend? Nice to meet you..” she bowed lightly.

“Nice to me-..” Yoona replied, bowing slightly too.

“Girlfriend..” Sooyoung cut, her eyes not meeting anyone, wondering to other side of room “she is my girlfriend..” Sooyoung mumbled, her face get slightly red from her own word.

Sulli chuckle by the sight before she shifted her gaze back to the other girl “ah.. nice to meet you sister-in-law..” she said playfully, making the other girl blushing “please take care of my sister..”

“O-of co-course.. su-sulli..”

Sulli giggled by the two shy girls, before her eyes fall on her sister.

“Unnie..” sulli called, staring back into her tall sister, lifting her hand to caress the girl softly, Sooyoung doesn’t do anything, just standing still “..are you going to meet dad and mom?” she asked, getting Yoona’s eyes on both figures.

“I only come here to congratulate you..” Sooyoung replied, her face hardened, getting cold by the word “I don’t have any business with anyone else..” she added “I’m not planning to stay longer..”

“Unnie.. at least wait until the dinner finished, okay?” Sulli asked hopefully.

Sooyoung sighed, saying no words, avoiding the girl’s eyes, but it’s enough to tell Sulli that she is staying.. at least until the dinner is over..

 

“So, Sulli.. can you please get into the podium..” the MC’s voiced asked through the mic.

“Ah, unnie.. please wait for a moment, okay?” Sulli asked “I will come back to you..” she smiled, before making her way to the podium to start the party.

 

Seeing her little sister going on the podium, Sooyoung has a small smile on her face, before she hold Yoona’s hand tightly, trying to get out from the crowd, standing just on the side of the ball room while keeping their eyes to search for their other friends.

Spotting a group of young women, which they believe are their friends, Sooyoung and Yoona walked closer to the group, stopping to take a glass of drink from one table around, and join the girl in their small chat.

“That’s sweet..” Yoona leaned, whispering right near the tall girl’s ear, battling the soft melodies from the music.

“What’s sweet?” Sooyoung asked, doing similar gesture to talk to her girlfriend.

“You say I’m your girlfriend in front of your sister..” Yoona smiled sweetly “that’s sweet..”

“Because you’re..” Sooyoung whispered back, giving the same smile “do yo-..”

 

“Well.. well… look who’s here..” a sudden voice cut Sooyoung’s words, getting her eyes to the owner of that voice.

Sooyoung knows that voice well.. that’s her aunt..

Her father has two siblings, a sister and a brother.. Sooyoung’s father is sibling with Taeyeon’s mother, which make them cousin.

And that women in front of her, is the mother of that two men Sulli was talking with before, the wife of her uncle, the one who hate her to death, the reason for that, which Sooyoung believe is that because her grandmother loves Sooyoung just too much.. much more than how the old lady thinks supposed to be..

“How dare you’re coming here, you ungrateful little kid..” the old lady said, wearing a cynical smile.

Yoona eyed the old lady carefully then shifted to her tall girlfriend to see whether the old lady really talk to her girlfriend, and all that sweet smile on Sooyoung’s face vanished, changing into that cold expression.

“After all the things you did, you still have the guts to show your face here, huh?” she scoffed.

The tall girl still silent, but Yoona can see how the soft grip on her glass, tightened.

“Should I praise you over yo-..”

“Stop it..” Taeyeon warned sternly, shooting rather a deadly glare to the old woman, not even caring about the fact that it’s her aunt “don’t start it here..”

But the old lady let out a mocking chuckle, before shifting her gaze to the petite lady “what? how dare you saying that things to me, Kim Taeyeon..” she said “you’re just the same as her.. such a bunch of an ungrateful kid..”

“What!?”

Taeyeon stepped out, ready to go closer to the old lady, but Sooyoung hold her hand, eyeing the girl to hold it for a moment.

“Go away..” Sooyoung said, giving the old lady a strong hard gaze, while Yoona staring at her girlfriend worriedly.

And another mocking chuckle escapes the old lady’s lips “you don’t expect me to listen to that, right?”

“You.. are nothing more that a ungrateful brat for me..” the old lady said, that cynical smile on her face changed into the same cold gaze Sooyoung gives.

“You should be thankful that your grandma loves you so much that you can still living with her money.. if it’s not for her, you’ll be already become one of that child who is walking around the street for the rest of your life..”

“And you pay all kindness that by going out from the house..” the old lady said, giving another mocking chuckle “what a joke..”

“Stop it..” Taeyeon mumbled, gritted her teeth, can not take more of the lady’s word toward her cousin.

“And now, you’re even using your grandmother’s money for your goods just because she is lying there on the hospital..” she added, ignoring Taeyeon’s threat “and that’s all because of you..”

“Stop it..” Taeyeon’s grip tightened and all the other girls only staring at the three women, not knowing what to do.

“And even using the money to provide all that orphan kids… to support that orphanage?” the old lady continued “why?” she asked mockingly “do they remind you of yourself? Unwanted?”

“I said.. stop it.. now..” Taeyeon said firmly, breathing hard, her tone get higher, but just enough to let the old lady to hear only, definitely furious from the word’s thrown to her cousin.

“You’re providing a trash.. using all that money on-..”

PRANG!!

The voice of the broken glasses cut the old lady’s word, the glass which being hold by Sooyoung just now.. the glass which the tall brunette let falling on the floor to pieces.. on purpose..

Getting the room silent all in instant.. and all eyes swiftly darted into their direction.

“I’m really trying hard, to hold myself from doing anything stupid on my sister’s birthday..” Sooyoung said firmly, throwing the old lady that hatred look “I’m trying to respect you because you’re older than me..” she added “but you’re making it harder for me..”

Yoona stared at her girlfriend in worried, holding tightly on the girl’s arms, trying to keep the girl calm.

“I don’t care if you hate me.. because that way, I don’t have to force myself to like you either..” she said, her eyes staring right into the old lady’s, sharply “I don’t care about all that nasty words you throw upon me..”

“But I can’t take it.. that you’re saying all that trash about that kids..” she added, still in the same tone “you.. don’t have any right to say all that words about them..”

“This is better be the last time I’m hearing all that words from you..” and with that, Sooyoung stepped out from the circle, leaving the dazed old lady, doesn’t even dare to utter any word from the humiliation.

 

Along with Sooyoung’s leave, Yoona followed behind, going after her girlfriend, while the old lady leaving the spots, all the girls hurriedly going after the tall girl.

 

“Soo!! Soo!! Wait!!” Yoona voiced, when they’re out from the ballroom, trying to keep the pace with Sooyoung’s long steps, but Sooyoung doesn’t even stop, the brunette doesn’t even turn around.

“Soo!!” and Sooyoung stops just when Yoona finally grabbed her wrist “Soo..” Yoona called softly, slowly making the tall girl facing her.

The other girls caught up after the two girls, standing not to far from them silently.

“Soo..” Yoona called, hand caressing her girlfriend’s cheek gently, trying to meet their gaze, and she found it into Sooyoung’s eyes, pain..

She should know this.. she should aware of the fact that Sooyoung must have a reason not wanting to go, right?

And now, by Sooyoung painful looks, she regrets persuading the girl to go..

“Soo-..”

“I’m going home..” Sooyoung cut tiredly “if you want to stay, I will ask-..”

“I’m going home with you..” Yoona cut, Sooyoung is her reason being here, and if Sooyoung left, she has no reason to stay.

Sooyoung sighed, saying no word, she turned and walk out from the place, letting Yoona followed behind.

 

The ride is awfully quiet, while Sooyoung doesn’t even have the mood to talk, Yoona is trying hard to figure out what’s running inside her girlfriend’s mind.

In no time, Sooyoung’s car already stopped in front of Yoona’s house, but the latter doesn’t even turn her face, lost into her own thought, and it just scared Yoona, so much.

“Soo..” Yoona called softly, gently cupping her girlfriend’s face, pulling the latter into a deep kiss. Yoona doesn’t even stop before Sooyoung responded to the kiss.

“Soo..” Yoona called, taking a break from their kiss, gently letting her thumb still caressing her girlfriend’s cheek “how about.. staying with me tonight?”

“I have morning class tomorrow..” Sooyoung reasoned.

“Then.. just drive back to your apartment, l will stay with you instead..” Yoona said, not caring about the fact that they have the same class tomorrow.

“Yoona..” Sooyoung called “I’m okay..”

“I just want to stay with you..” Yoona excused “can’t I?” she knows, of course she knows that Sooyoung is not okay..

“It’s getting late, Yoona.. go take your rest..”

“Do you think I will take a good rest knowing that my girlfriend is not okay?”

“I’m okay.. Yo-..”

“Then, just let me stay with you so that I don’t have to become worried sick over this..” Yoona pleaded “can’t I?”

“Yoona, I’ll be okay..” Sooyoung said, panting a soft peck on the latter’s temple “I promise..”

“But-..”

“I will fetch you tomorrow, okay?” Sooyoung stubbornly said.

Yoona sighed over her useless attempt “okay..” she mumbled, before pressing her lips on Sooyoung’s, giving another deep kiss.

Yoona got out from the car, standing beside the car, but before she closed the door, she get to ask “you’re going home, right?” earning a slight nod from her girlfriend “drive safely..” Yoona said “and really, just go straight home, okay?”

“Okay..” Sooyoung gave a small reassuring smile before drive her car out from Yoona’s sight.

Sooyoung is driving her car mindlessly, not caring whatever direction she gets into.. Yoona's voice kept echoing inside her head, but she got deaf, numb by that pain..

She just doesn’t feel like going anywhere..

And when she realized it, she is already in her way to a familiar place, no, not her house, not Taeyeon’s place..

Just a place where she can found calmness.. somewhere that she knows would always welcomed her warmly…

-----

 

Lee’s entertainment…

It’s late at night, but there is still an old lady staying in her office room, still busily having a chek on some documents, or articles for tomorrow’s news, even going through every one of it, making sure that her biggest entertainment company doesn’t have to make a simple silly mistake.

Knock.. knock..

“Come in..” she said, even finding it quite strange that someone still staying here this late.

One of her young journalist walked inside the spacious room, stopping right in front of the table, wearing a small smile.

“Do you need something?”

Instead of answering the question, the young man lifted her hand, with a piece of paper in his hand, handing it to the old lady.

“Hmm?” Mrs.Lee’s brows creased, but taking the paper anyway. She reads the content, and her brows furrowed more.

“What is this?” she asked.

“Is it clear? It’s all written there..”

“Yeah, I know… but..” she asked, hesitated “how do I’m sure that you’re not giving me false news?”

“It’s true..” he said “trust me..”

“Do you even know what will happen if this is not true?” Mrs.Lee questioned “you put this company at risk.. you won’t be able to imagine what kind of things they’re able to do.. shutting this company in minutes won’t be that hard for them..” she added “and by the power of Choi’s, they can make you vanished, just like you’ve never exist before..”

“Then, you don’t have to worry..” he said “it’s definitely true.. I can bet my life on it..” he smiled cockily.

Mrs.Lee stared at the man for a while, trying to see any lies lying on her words, but she finds nothing.

“If I can’t get Sunny to come back to the house after getting the café into a mess.. I can give this a try..” she said, staring into the young man’s eyes.

A cynical smile appeared on her face after, before she spoke “Choi Sooyoung.. let see how much this news can break you apart..”