✏ sixty-three: Rain [ KaiHanEun ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Rain
Characters: Kim Jongin (Kai), Son Naeun, and Luhan [ KaiHanEun ]
Written: September 14, 2013
Words: 1,720 edited. total words may be less than original.
Requested by: ZahraAlvirahma_KPop
Author's Note: Again, I'm so sorry for not updating in a long time ;~; Lots of things are going on OTL Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one shot. ^^ I actually enjoyed writing this because I feel like I explained things quite well ouo -shot- But I hope this one shot will give you a hint of what I'll be writing next -winkwink- -shot again- 

P.S. Anyone else loving Bangtan's album? Ughh, these people

Sometimes…saying goodbye is the only thing you can do…no matter how painful it is.

Each raindrop represents one tear a person sheds. The rain is impossible to count—we can’t count our own tears for our entire lifetime. That’s why we have the rain to symbolize our endless tears that slide down our cheeks, to drop onto the ground, to land on another person.

People love the rain and they never want it to stop, but we have to say our departure to them.

It’s a reminder that everyone around the world cries, not just you. You’re not alone as we all been through similar situations.

"I love you…"

Those were the words he said to me when he left.

Drip, drop, drip, drop.

“Naeun, I’m going to work now. Will you be okay?” My mother asked as she held her closed umbrella in her hand, looking at me as she had a black coat covering her. I nodded as I sat on the cozy seat in the living room, “I will. Don’t worry.” A small smile appeared on my face as she stared at me for a few more seconds before bidding goodbye to me.

My head turned to the right to watch out the window. Raindrops slid down the now cold glass, new ones making contact with the glass quickly. They slid down dangerously fast or painfully slow, making it seem like a race. The sound of the clashing drops onto the roof and glass made my heart beat in unison.

However, the rain looked so beautiful. Even though it’s monotone, it’s like each drop can be a different story, each representing one person. My legs curled up to the seat, my knees resting against my chest. My arms wrapped around my knees as I continued to gaze out the window, seeing the dark gray clouds blanketing the sky.

Something inside me urged me to go outside to the rain. I didn’t care if I was going to get sick; I just wanted to go out and not care about the world.

Without fully thinking of anything, I stood up and grabbed my coat, walking outside the house. It was raining hard as the rain clashed with the sidewalk harshly, the raindrops jumping from one area from another.

Putting on my coat, I walked slowly in the rain, watching people flash pass me. I felt like I was stuck in time and that I’m going so slow that I can’t catch up with anyone. How are people able to move on despite all the obstacles they encounter? What am I doing so wrong that is causing this?

As I continued to walk slowly through the crowd, I heard rain hitting against hard material above me. I scrunched my eyebrows and looked up, seeing a black umbrella over my head. I quickly turned to my side and saw a male holding the umbrella. However, the odd thing was that he was drenched from the rain. His tanned skin and wet black hair stood out as he looked forward. He pushed my back gently and I continued to walk without saying anything.

It was awkward as we didn’t say anything for a few minutes. I just walked as the umbrella continued to be a wall between the rain and I.

“You’re going to get sick,” His voice whispered as I looked back at him again. The rain continued to land on him, not even sheltering himself. “You too,” I murmured as I stopped in my tracks, the crowd already dispersing. I stopped and turned around to fully face him, “You don’t have to do this. I’m fine with walking alone.”

He raised an eyebrow and removed the umbrella, closing it, “Alright then. Let’s see how long you can last in this cold rain.” My eyes widened as he dared me. “Well, you must be a nice gentleman, huh?” I muttered as I looked away, crossing my arms.

“Was,” He beamed as I looked at him in perplexity. “I was a gentleman,” He repeated as he sighed softly, “I’m just a jerk now.” He hung his head and gritted his teeth as a small smirk tugged at the end of his lips, “If I could, I can get an award for being the most hated man on earth.”

My heart dropped as my eyes softened, “I-I didn’t think that you—‘”

“It’s not your fault,” He took a deep breath and stood up straight. “I just went through a lot…” I bit on my bottom lip and nodded slowly, “Same here…”

He stared at me and cleared his throat, “Would you like to get some coffee with me? Maybe…we can talk things through.”

And just like that…we walked through the bare rain until we reached the empty coffee shop. It was shocking since most people would come for this type of weather. We both sat across from each other by the window to admire the rain more. “So, what happened?” I asked as he started talking.

“I loved this girl so much that I thought we actually had a future with each other,” He started as he traced the handle of his cup with his index finger, staring blankly at the coffee. “Her name was Oh Hayoung…” He paused and closed his eyes, “But I messed up. I kissed a girl I used to have a crush on. It was supposed to be Hayoung and I’s anniversary on that day but…she left. I did something so wrong…I lost a good friend of mines too, Oh Sehun. We were so close and now we’re like strangers to each other.” He sighed and ran his hand through his hair, “And now I think Sehun and Hayoung are together. It hurts, but…at least she’s happy now.”

My eyes widened slowly as he went deeper in the story. He told me about the lovable memories he had with Hayoung. How they shared their first kiss to their obstacles to their embarrassing moments.

“I’m so sorry…” I pursed my lips as I took a small sip out of the coffee, not knowing what else to say. He nodded slowly and mirrored my action. “What about you?” He asked as I placed my cup down on the small plate.

“I had a best friend named Luhan. He was from China and I helped him throughout the way of his time here in Korea because I have been learning Chinese,” I said softly.

“Naeunie, look! I made bulgogi,” He announced as he held a plate of bulgogi and rice. That bright smile enchanted me as I sat in his apartment, clapping. He was such a sweetheart and cutie that I couldn’t help but fall in love with him each day.

However, he also had his manly side. Comforting me until I let all my tears out, he gave me a piece of security. “You’re a great person, Naeun,” He breathed as he leaned his chin on top of my head. “You can always come to me for anything,” He continued to talk as he rubbed my back soothingly.

“However, his ex-girlfriend came back,” My voice cracked as I looked outside the window. “I really thought I had a chance with him. We spent years together with our friendship and what happens in the end? An unrequited love—that’s what happened .They moved back to China and I didn’t see him off. I was too afraid and embarrassed to face him. He sent a voicemail…”

“Naeun, I didn’t see you at the airport. It was sad to go off without seeing a good friend before leaving. But…Naeun, I’d like to address you this. Throughout those three years of friendship I had with you, I admit I did have feelings for you at one point. You taught me how to love again, no matter how hard things are. But when my ex-girlfriend came back…everything seemed so right again. I know you’ll hate me for saying that. I knew you liked me and I did have thoughts of asking you out. It’s just—I—was afraid of loving someone again. I know you’re wondering why I said that when I’m already back with my ex-girlfriend. It’s just that—something inside me sparked again as I was with her. I just want you to realize that you’re a great person—a wonderful one. You deserve the very best Naeun. I just don’t think I’m the best for you…I’m sorry. Continue to live happily. I love you…”

The male listened to the voicemail I still saved on my phone. He took a deep breath as his free hand clenched into a fist. He touched the screen and slid the phone back to me on the table. I stared at the phone as my eyes widened, my eyes watering. “Y-You deleted it!” I stuttered as I looked at him. “It’s for your own good,” He whispered as he hissed. “You don’t deserve to be reminded of him with that,” He stared at me.

“B-But it’s the only way,” I retorted as I placed my hand on top of my phone. He grabbed my hand gently and held it tight, “You have to forget him.” I blinked and pulled away my hand, looking down, “But how?”

“We’ll do this together,” He suggested as he stared at me firmly. “We’ll both forget about our past lovers.” I never thought by meeting a stranger I’d get tied into this situation. It was surprising, but that was the type of strength I needed right now.

I nodded and pursed my lips, “I trust you then…”

He grinned and held his hand out, “I’m Kim Jongin.” My heart skipped a beat as I saw his smile. It was deadly…comforting. “Son Naeun,” I replied softly as I shook his hand before pulling away again.

Little did we know, the rain stopped as we stopped talking. As I looked at the sky, I noticed the gray clouds disappeared.

Those gray clouds that we admire were there for a reason.

Gray clouds empty out all the tears they hold in. It’s the only way to make room for happiness—comfort—joy.

Those gray clouds turn into pure white clouds to relaxingly pass through the skies.

This was the day I met Kim Jongin.

And it was all because of the rain.