✏ forty-two: Firsts (Part Two) [ ChenJooJae(btoexopink) ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Firsts (Part Two/Final) | Part One
Characters: Kim Jongdae (Chen), Kim Namjoo, & Yook Sungjae
Written: June 3, 2013
Words: 1,340
Requested by: Kyuwonhae
Author's Note: Hello! This is my last update until the 11th/12th! ^^ It'll be almost exactly an hour when I leave! I'll be going on a trip with my friends so I won't have my computer with me. However, I'll be opening up requests when I get back, so get ready! Also, EXO's album = perfection. Heart Attack, Baby, and Baby Don't Cry are my favorites ^^ Anyways, I hope you enjoy this! ^^

[ First Three Words and a Kiss ]

Jongdae and Namjoo are currently on their fourth month being together. They’ve experienced laughter, smiles, and a whole new feeling of love. They’ve never been happier.

“Didn’t you say before we were going out that you liked older women?” Namjoo questions as she walks beside him on the campus. Jongdae clears his throat and grabs her hand, holding it tightly, “You know those are just ideal types!” He laughs nervously and looks at her, “You changed my view!”

Namjoo shakes her head and laughs, patting his hand with her free hand, “Well, I’m glad I did.” Suddenly, a few drops of water fall onto Jongdae’s head. He hums softly and looks up, watching raindrops clash with the ground. Quickly, Jongdae pulls Namjoo with him and runs towards a bench that has a small roof over it.

It took a couple of minutes to really get to shelter and the couple was already soaked in water. Jongdae takes a deep breath and looks around, watching the heavy rain fall around them. He wipes off any extra water and looks at Namjoo, also wiping off the water off her.

Namjoo smiles lightly and looks at him, a hand reaching up to fix his hair, “I hope we don’t get sick.” She holds his hand this time and closes her eyes, the smell of rain entering. Jongdae stares at her and slowly stands in front of her. Something that day made him take a risk and slowly, he leans his head towards hers and his lips gently lands on hers.

Her eyes widen at first to see Jongdae’s face so close to hers. She could feel electricity moving through her lips and veins and she slowly closes her eyes. Jongdae’s lips finally leave hers and he smiles warmly, “Namjoo, I love you.” A faint shade of red appears on her cheeks and her heart beats quickly. “I-I love you too, Jongdae,” She immediately wraps her arms around his neck and smiles brightly, laughing quietly as happiness fills the air despite the rain.

[ First Best Friend ]

“Who?” Jongdae asks as he sits on the couch in Namjoo’s dorm while reading a magazine. He looks at her as she’s standing in the small kitchen, her back leaning against the counter as she faces him. “Yook Sungjae. He was my friend ever since elementary school. We’re both in the same grade,” She smiles and rests her hands on the edge of the counter.

Jongdae nods slowly and clears his throat, “Is he a good guy?” Namjoo blinks and laughs, “Yah, if he was bad, do you think I’d be friends with him?” He sighs and throws the magazine on the couch and stands up. He approaches her and wraps his arms around her waist loosely, “You know I’m protective over you.” He leans his forehead on hers and smiles, Namjoo looking right at him.

Suddenly, the door knocks and Namjoo turns her head towards the door, “Coming!” She pats his chest and Jongdae lets go, letting her open the door. Immediately, a shriek escapes her lips and is suddenly brought into a tight embrace. Jongdae slowly walks towards the door and finds a tall male hugging Namjoo tightly, his arms securely wrapped around her waist. The male closes his eyes and lifts her off the ground slightly, “Namjoo-ie! I missed you so much!”

Namjoo pulls away from the hug and smiles brightly, “I missed you too, Sungjae-ie!” Jongdae clears his throat and covers his mouth, glancing at his girlfriend and the friend. “Oh! Sungjae, this is my boyfriend, Jongdae,” She introduces as she gestures her hand towards her boyfriend.

Sungjae nods and purses his lips, “Nice to meet you.” Something was burning in Sungjae—he didn’t know what it was, but he didn’t like the fact that Jongdae has now entered his and Namjoo’s lives.

[ First Argument ]

“I don’t like you hanging out with that Sungjae guy,” Jongdae whispers as he leans against the kitchen counter in his dorm, crossing his arms. Namjoo blinks and stands beside him, “Why? He’s really nice!”

He closes his eyes and looks at the ground, “You two have been hanging out so much ever since he came. He’s suspicious, Namjoo. It seems like he wants me out of your life…” He honestly speaks as he his lips in frustration.

“So you’re just saying that I should stop being friends with him?” Namjoo beams as her voice lowers. His eyes widen and he glances at her, “What? I wouldn’t say that!”

“It seems like you are,” Namjoo mutters as she blankly stares across the room. Jongdae grabs her hand gently and stares at her, “Just please…keep cautious about him. I don’t trust him with you!”

Namjoo pulls her hand away and crosses her arms, facing him, “You don’t have the right to tell me who to hang out with and not. I can hang out with whoever I want!”

“Namjoo,” Jongdae whispers and hangs his head down. She takes a deep breath and gulps, “Sungjae is a good friend of mines and he wouldn’t do anything!”

Jongdae shouts and looks at her, “He can and he might!” Namjoo eyes widen and stomps out of his dorm, feeling frustrated. She couldn’t believe his words. She has the right to hang out with whoever she wants, but why was he so strict like that?

He was afraid of losing her, that’s why.

[ First Make-Up ]

“Namjoo,” Sungjae whispers as he sits beside her at a café during night the next week, “How do you really feel about Jongdae?” Namjoo blinks and tilts her head to the side, “Hm? He’s a really great guy, why?”

He takes a deep breath and grabs her hand, holding it softly, “We’ve been friends for years…and honestly, I’ve loved you all this time.” Her eyes widen as she remembers the argument she had with him. They haven’t had contact since then and she honestly misses him so much. She retracts her hand quickly and stands up, “Sungjae…tell me, why did you really come here?”

Sungjae laughs softly and glances at the table, “To tell you that I really like you…”

Namjoo shakes her head and bows her head, “I’m sorry, Sungjae. I really love Jongdae and I really don’t want anything to ruin it. I’d still like it if we were friends, okay? I’ll see you later.” She grabs her bag and leaves. Jongdae was right and he had every right to tell his feelings. She just couldn’t take the fact that a friend like Sungjae would confess to her like that.

As she arrives at her dorm, she sees a figure sitting against the door outside. His head was hanging down with his eyes closed and his knees were parallel to his chest with his forearms resting against it. She blinks and slowly approaches the unknown figure, the face becoming clearer as the light shines. “Jongdae oppa,” She whispers as she kneels down and taps his shoulder for him to wake up.

Instantly, he jumps and stares at her straight in the eyes. “Dongsaeng,” He breathes and wraps his arms around her shoulders, hugging her as tight as he can. “I’m so sorry,” He shut his eyes and rests a hand on her head, “I know you have the right to hang out with whoever you want, but—I was just jealous.”

Namjoo’s eyes widen as she listens, resting a hand on his middle, “No. Actually, Sungjae did confess to me.” Jongdae pulls away and takes a deep breath, “H-He did?”

“I rejected him,” She beams, “Because you’re my loyal and talented boyfriend. I wouldn’t want to lose you at all.”

The male sighs in relief and leans his head against the door, “I love you so much. So very much.” He kisses her forehead and smiles lightly, “Let’s get inside…It looks like it’s going to rain.” He glances at the open sky and watches dark clouds forming in front of the stars.