✏ fourteen: You Deserve Better [ Seyoung / Hahun ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: You Deserve Better
Pairing: Oh Sehun & Oh Hayoung [ Seyoung / Hahun ]
Written: January 31, 2013
Words: 1,425
Inspired by: Verbal Jint's You Deserve Better feat. Phantom's Sanchez & SISTAR19's Gone Not Around Any Longer
Author's Note: I serously have SISTAR19's song on repeat and I'm even listening to it right now. I really love Bora's rap, but I really wanted more parts! I really wanted to write a pretty dramatic Seyoung/Hahun before getting into the ton of fluff for the project. Keep voting in the previous chapter! It'll close tomorrow! I hope you all enjoy it! <3

☁☁☁

 

Rain. The only friend I have that will keep me company tonight. The way it drizzles down the window glass and the way it makes small tapping noises against the surface, it describes my fragile heart. Each time a bucket of rain pours down, it’s easier for my heart to break.

Sitting at the windowsill, I clutch on my phone, trying to stay strong. I can’t help it anymore. With my free hand, I run my hands through my hair, my head hanging down as I can feel tears trickle down my cheeks. Some of the tears trapped in the black rimmed glasses I have on.

“Do you think I care? You’re Oh Hayoung, the only girl who would accept me for who I am. I don’t care about what status I am in school, I care about you. If those girls threaten you, you make sure to tell me, alright?” He sternly said as he looked at me in sincerity. With a sigh of defeat, I nodded and soon I was taken into a tight embrace from him. He was a savior to me and the only person who could always make my day and night.

That was when he truly confessed his feelings for me. I felt like the happiest girl in the world. I was able to have a guy who truly loved me for me. That was when I started to not care about girls telling me to stop being with him.

“What does Sehun oppa see well in you? You’re just a normal girl living a normal life. Glasses don’t make a different,” A girl growled softly as she crossed her arms with her friends right behind her.

I just sat down in my seat and looked outside the window, admiring the nature outside. Suddenly, I felt someone take away my glasses and my heart started to beat quickly. My head snapped towards the girl who was dangling the glasses in her hand. “Just break up with him. You’re just using him for popularity,” She smirked as she placed the glasses on the tip of her fingers.

“What’s going on?” A deep voice emerged as everyone froze. My eyes averted towards the door, seeing Sehun fairly pissed off. His eyes turned into slits and I could clearly see he was ready to do anything to stop the situation. “Sehun oppa,” I whispered as I shook my head. However, he disobeyed and walks towards us, retrieving the glasses from the girl, “Look, you’re not going to stop Hayoung and I from dating. You don’t understand what love is.” He glared at the girl and grabbed my wrist, pulling me out of the classroom.

Once we were away from the classroom, he turned around and looked at me. His eyes were softer from before—actually, everything about him turned gentler. “Hayoung, if you’re ever in trouble with that, please—just please, do anything to stop them. Shout, scream, ask someone to help, anything,” His hand that was glued on my wrist suddenly held my hand, his grip tighter than usual. “I don’t want you to get hurt,” He brought my hand up and placed it over his lips, nodding.

However, as those times passed by, he saved me more than three times a day. It just all felt weird. I didn’t feel like his girlfriend, but a burden. It was like I was just a person who he’s saving for the sake of being nice.

“Sehun oppa,” I whisper over the phone as I’m sitting by the windowsill, watching rain clouds form in the dark sky. I can tell he was smiling through the phone as he greets me happily, “Hayoungie. Why’d you call? I thought you were studying?”

His voice is always placid and sweet, making my heart flutter like it has never been sad. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath, murmuring, “I can’t be with you, Sehun.” Silence stayed on both of our lines and I swear it was at least a minute. Within that one minute, I can feel everything crumble and fly away just like dust. Do I regret it? Of course, but it was for the right thing.

“You’re joking, right?” His voice turns monotone as I grasp my phone tighter. “I’m sorry, oppa. You deserve so much better. You’ve only been saving me from people. We’ve rarely gone on dates because I’m always afraid. I haven’t done anything right for you. I’m sorry, I really am.” I pull the phone away from my ear and I soon start hearing retorts and a loud voice.

“I love you, oppa,” I whisper as I hang up the phone. I’m sure he didn’t hear it since my phone was away from my ear and face. Laying my head against the wall, my eyes stays shut. My body feels weak, my limbs feel numb. Dizziness and worry take over every sense of my body.

And now, I’m still in the same place. The rain grows harder as I bring my knees up to my chest. The tears keep flowing as even more memories flash in my mind. I couldn’t help it—I think I may have done the wrong thing. Every negative thought of the situation just took over and messed my every thought.

Cling. Clink. Cling. It was like small rocks were being thrown.

I slowly lift my head up and look the window. My eyes widen and my heart started palpitating rapidly again. It was like I was in love all over again. “Oppa,” I whisper as I run towards my bedroom door of the second floor. I had my robe on, but I didn’t care. I grabbed my coat off the hanger by the front door, placing it over my head.

Running out the door, I quickly walk towards him. He was drenched in rain. His hair is flatter than usual and his clothes were soaked. “Sehun,” I take a deep breath and look up at him. We never said anything else as I placed the coat over his head, walking him inside the house.

I signal him to the sit on the couch as I walk upstairs to the storage room. My dad had extra clothes that he didn’t fit so I grabbed a simple white t-shirt and pajama pants. Giving them to him, he walks towards the bathroom to change. Sitting on the couch, I become nervous. Is here to tell me how wrong I am? Probably. I made a huge mistake…but he does deserve better.

He comes out of the bathroom and sits next to me. He had his elbow propped on the arm rest and he looks straight ahead. His straight face worries me even more. Why was he here if he’s not even going to talk me?

Taking a deep breath, I start to talk.

“Sehun.” “Hayoung.”

We both looked at each other and then away from each other. “Hayoung,” He murmurs again as he inhales and exhales heavily. “That phone call,” He places his hand on his forehead and then runs his hand through his hair. “I should be the one saying that you deserve better.”

My eyes widen as I start to breath abnormally. “You’re someone really precious and you don’t deserve all the hurt or threats. You deserve so much better and someone who will actually protect you and stop this from happening,” He continues as he turns his body to mines.

“Hayoung, I only love you. I want to make things better for you. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you ever again,” He closes his eyes and sighs softly. With my first instinct, I bring my hand up and move away the side bangs from his face. He was still wet from the rain, but his face started heating up. He suddenly grasps my wrist, staring at me, “I deserve you, Hayoung.” His other arm slips around my waist, turning me around to face him, then pulling me closer to him.

Our faces are literally an inch apart as we both look into each other’s eyes. He lets go of my wrist and leans his forehead against mines, closing his eyes and then kissing me ever so gently. We both closed our eyes as I return the kiss sweetly, my hand finding his and holding it tight. We never kissed like that before. Our first kiss was only a peck, but this kiss—it brought us to know that we only deserve each other.

I deserve him and he deserves me…that’s a fact.