✏ thirty-four: A Stormy Night [ 2Park / Choyeol ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: A Stormy Night
Pairing: Park Chanyeol & Park Chorong [ 2Park / Choyeol / Chanrong ]
Written: April 14-15, 2013
Words: 1,747
Requested by: choya91
Inspired by: Baby Don't Cry (feat. Rain & Thunder) - EXO
Author's Note: Honestly, I think this one shot is really into my forte ouo I'm liking the details I'm putting in here ;~; Here's a rare one shot pairing! ouo I hope you guys enjoy it! Again, please remember that requests are closed. I will not be accepting any requests for the time being, so please remind me on the next batch. Also, it's been a little over three months when I first started posting the stories on here ;~; Thank you for all the support! ^^ 

P.S. This one shot is not related to Close My Eyes.

 

“It’s been said that there will be a storm for this weekend. Please refrain from going outside too much as there’ll be heavy rain, possibly hail. Make sure to keep yourself warm as well since there’ll be a cold front coming through…” The weatherman advises as the female casually lies on the couch. Her fingers are loosely wrapped around the remote as her figure is lying down with her legs on top of the footrest and her head resting against the soft pillow.

Her face is frozen as her eyes don’t blink at all. The reflection of the TV bounces from her eyes, her body not making any movement.  The weather is tempting her every move just to go outside and run away from all her problems.

A loud clap of thunder echoes through the small apartment like a busy day at the bowling alley. Lightning strikes as the light reflect in the dark lit room. The female closes her eyes slowly, pursing her lips as she can hear the rain land hard against the window. Her finger presses the mute button as she takes in more of the still night. She can hear puddles forming on the stairs outside from the huge pebbles of rain.

Throughout the past weeks she’s felt unmotivated, saddened, and unemotional towards everything. What was the reason? She’s been feeling unsuccessful in the things that she loves to do. Lately, her business has been dropping due to her students switching to taekwondo. Her family has been moving away and brother has been achieving much more than her. The most recent one was her boyfriend—well—ex-boyfriend cheating on her. She just wanted to run away from the world and be on a long hiatus. However, she knows she can’t.

Her eyes flutter open, tears strolling down her cheeks slowly. She turns her body up to face to the ceiling, shaking her head as she lays her other forearm on her forehead. “I can’t take this anymore…” She murmurs as she takes a deep breath, biting on her bottom lip from crying any more.

She immediately stands up and turns off the television, walking towards the door to grab her hooded jacket. Slipping on her shoes and jacket, she walks out of her apartment and gradually makes her way into the pouring rain. The night was worse than imagined towards her.

The strong gusts of wind are blowing towards the left of her and the rain is dancing along with the wind, the rain acting like the drums and the wind being the voice. It was a melody of remorse towards her.

She makes her first step out of shelter, immediately feeing the rain drop on top of her head. After just taking a few steps, she’s already soaked in water and her teeth chattering from the cold temperature. She crosses her arms to try to keep herself warm, but that was not the solution at all.

The sidewalk was flooded with rain and the sound of her feet pressing against the rain made her feel like a little kid again. However, she still couldn’t accept the fact that she was going downhill in her life. She pulls her hood down more, enough to cover her eyes. With her head hanging down, she quickens her pace through the empty streets. Shops were closed and surprisingly, bars and clubs were too.

It was the perfect get away from her problems at this very moment. This was the perfect time to release all those negative feelings and she did. Tears flow naturally, disguising with the cold rain.

“Chorong?” A deep voice questions, but she just keeps walking, dodging the person in front of her. The figure turns around and tilts his head, blinking as he holds the umbrella over his head. “Yah, Park Chorong!” He shouts as she stands in place, her figure shaking. He takes big strides towards her as he places the umbrella over both of them, “Are you crazy? What are you doing out in the rain like that?”

Unfortunately, he receives no reply; she just stands there with a stoic face. A huge boom of thunder reverberates through the city one again, almost having the ground shake from the impact. She gasps as her head slowly turns to face the other, “Chanyeol…” The male sighs quietly and moves her hood down, “You’re really crazy, Chorong.” He wraps an arm around her shoulder and starts walking. Despite her jacket being soaked by the rain, he continued to embrace her while his other hand holds tightly onto the umbrella.

After a few minutes, they both arrive in a cozy apartment. The living room is neat, but once someone enters his own room, it’s full of musical instruments, music sheets, and technology. Chanyeol settles Chorong down on the couch as he walks towards the bathroom to grab a towel. She looks around and takes a deep breath, taking off her jacket. Once the male comes back out he observes her—the way her figure is shaking, her eyes red, and skin pale.

“Here, dry off and I’ll give you some extra clothes to wear. My older sister would only come by during breaks so I’m sure she wouldn’t mind if you used her pajamas,” Chanyeol instructs as he gently lays the towel on top of her head, staring to pat dry her hair. He nods and walks towards the second bedroom, grabbing a slightly large gray shirt and soft gray pajama pants.

After ten minutes, Chorong exits the bathroom with the new clothes and the towel draped over her shoulder. Chanyeol walks out of his own bedroom with pajamas on and his black framed, un-lensed glasses over the bridge of his nose.

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol,” She whispers as she slowly walks towards the couch, sitting upright. He shakes his head and walks towards the small kitchen, beginning to make some hot chocolate. “It’s alright,” He takes a deep breath and talks softly, “I just want to know why you were roaming around in this weather and by yourself too.”

Chorong slouches and places her hands over her knees, “I just feel like giving up, to be honest.” Once the milk has been warmed up, Chanyeol slowly pours in the chocolate in both cups. He blinks and stirs in the chocolate, his lips, “Why is that?” He carefully grabs both cups and walks towards the living room, passing her one of the cups gently.

One of her hands wrap around the handle while the other rests against the width of the cup, letting the warmth go through her. “It’s complicated…” She brings the cup up to her lips, blowing softly onto the hot liquid. Chanyeol sits beside her lightly as his head faces hers, “It doesn’t matter how complicated it is…I want to help.” Chorong didn’t want to feel like a burden and she definitely didn’t want Chanyeol to help since he’s helped her so many times. “It’s okay, Chanyeol. I’ll be fine soon,” She whispers against the liquid, taking a small sip.

“Can you at least tell me about it?” His eyes grow tense as gazes at her, placing his cup down on the coffee table in front of me. Lightning strikes again as the light reflect on the curtains, the electricity going into a surge. Chorong knows that sooner or later she’ll have to reveal her problems towards him. Thunder strikes again as she jumps slightly in her seat, keeping a tight grasp on the cup. She closes her eyes for a few moments before opening them and placing her cup next to his. She lies back against the cushion of the couch and brings her knees up towards her chest, playing the oversized sleeve that covers her hands. Eventually, words start to slip out of , telling Chanyeol about her problems in complete detail.

The way she blurted out the words made her chest compress in pain, her emotions releasing out of her fragile body.  Did she plan to cry again? Of course not, she’s a strong girl. Every strong female needs their time to let out their emotions because that’s what builds their character. However, the glass-like tears start falling out, landing on her pajamas.

Chanyeol feels dissatisfied with her story, his eyes softening as he gradually wraps his arm around her shoulders to pull her closer towards him. He wraps both of his arms around her and lays her head against his chest, his forehead resting on the top of her head, “Chorong. I just want to remind you that I’m your best friend and I’ll always be your shoulder to lean on. I know you don’t want to worry anyone, but you’re just going to worry everyone else if you’re going to hide your emotions like this. Believe me, I went through that too.” He closes his eyes and inhales softly, his heart beating quickly. Chorong closes her eyes as tears slowly drag down her pale cheeks, hearing the now soothing sound of his heartbeat and his voice.

He lifts his head up as one of his hands wipes away the tears that were dripping, “I’ll always be here for you and you can count on it.” His thumb caresses her cheek as he stares at her, watching her eyes flutter open lightly. At that moment, Chanyeol couldn’t take it. He always felt remorseful at how Chorong is facing such sad obstacles and he really wants to help. More importantly, he wants to make her happier again. He wanted to be that guardian for her and remind her each and every day that—he loves her.

Just as he was going to talk, the lights flicker and the power suddenly turns off. The only light is the moon that is illuminating through the curtains and the only music was the thunder and rain. Chorong closes her eyes tightly and scoots closer to the other, hiding her lips. Unlike that ‘melody’ she heard while walking, she hears a softer and relaxing type of sound: a sound of protection. She opens her eyes once again and looks up at him, meeting Chanyeol’s gaze.

Nothing verbal was exchanged that night and she stayed there in his arms until the morning when the power came back on. The sun was shining brightly like nothing has ever happened yesterday. “Good morning,” Chanyeol groggily whispers as he holds her tighter, smiling warmly. Chorong mirrors his smile and nods, “A good morning it is.”