✏ thirty-three: Close My Eyes [ Xiurong ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Close My Eyes
Pairing: Kim Minseok (Xiumin) & Park Chorong [ Xiurong ] feat. a cameo of Luhan [ 8D Xiuhan? ]
Written: April 13, 2013
Words: 1,021
Requested by: ThunderLime
Inspired by: Close My Eyes - Block B
Author's Note: Hello! Here's Xiurong! ouo It's a little bittersweet and short orz Anyways, please note that requests are closed. I will not be accepting any requests, so please wait for the next batch! I'll probably take up to 15 requests per batch? ouo slkdfj But thank you for all the support! ^^ 

P.S. Happy belated birthday to Sehun, ultimate bias ^^ 

“Ugh, this …” I whisper as I sit at the table in the apartment, cradling my head from the pain. “Yah, Baozi, how much did you drink?” The deer-like man asked as he had an apron around his waist, boiling some soup for me. He was younger than me by a month and to tell the truth, he can pass a high school student. “Um…four bottles of Soju?” I bite my bottom lip and sigh heavily, feeling the pain slipping in.

“Geez,” The other hissed as he poured me a bowl of soup, placing it in front of me, “Kim Minseok, you need to control yourself.” I grab the spoon and stir the soup around slowly. “Well, how can I? Luhan, you’re in love and I—well I fell out of love.”

Luhan glances at me intently until he sits in front of me, holding his hands together, “Because you distanced yourself from her! How can you? Why? Chorong is such a sweet person!” That name…the name that I could once say so smoothly was now a name that I can hardly say. It was difficult to even just say the first syllable of her name.

“It’s complicated,” I murmur as I lazily take a sip out of the soup, “It seems like she didn’t have any interest in me. When I told her that we should start seeing other people—she didn’t seem too hurt. I don’t know how to react to it.” Soon, Luhan was on a whining phase. He kept telling me this and that (while adding in the nickname Baozi in it) and I have to admit, I’ve been used to this after I broke up with Chorong a few months ago.

“I going to work,” I announce as I stand up to grab my coat, starting to walk towards the door. “Yah! Baozi!” Luhan shouts across the building as I turn around, seeing his face lighten up. “Keep your head up, okay?” He smiles and gives a thumb’s up as I close the door behind me.

The walk towards the small restaurant is actually short, but the amount of scenery to take in is amazing. The way the sun starts to rise—it was beautiful. I can’t help but admire the morning each and every day. Sometimes I accidentally stop in the middle of the sidewalk just to glance at the sky, creating paintings. It’s like everything stops in my train of thoughts and it all disappears. However, today it was different. As I stare at the skies, I feel something hit my back. Turning around, my eyes widen as the familiar aura emerges. There she was.

“Sorry,” She whispers shyly as she walks away with her head down. “Ch—‘” I start as my lips suddenly curl, taking a deep breath. I can’t be thinking about this! I’m the one that called it…so I have to live with it.

“Minseok! We need two ramyeon dishes!” The cashier calls out as I nod, immediately working on the two dishes. Food has always been a passion of mines and I’ve really grown to learn and love the techniques. I started working here about two years ago and I’ve really made an impression on people. “Order up!” I shout as I place the two dishes of ramyeon carefully on the counter. “Okay, you can start heading to lunch,” My manager announces as I start heading out towards the line in the front.

As I stand in line, my eye catches attention towards the female sitting by the window. She’s calmly eating her lunch as she reads quietly, emitting a beautiful aura. Minseok…stop. She’s better off without me.

While getting to the front of the line, I order my food and wait on the side, facing my back towards her. I didn’t want to see her. I’m afraid of falling for her again and I know she deserves better.

“Hey, please stop talking to me,” The familiar voice rings as I turn back, seeing a male trying to approach her. Her face scrunches up in annoyance as she holds onto her book. The male doesn’t move as he keeps talking, trying to get her attention. “Get away from me,” She announces in a stoic tone; however, the male doesn’t budge. Nibbling on my bottom lip, my feet instantly walk towards the table.

“She said to get away. I think you should follow that,” I barge into the conversation as I grab the male’s shoulder, pulling him away from the table. He just shoots me a glare and walks away, mumbling in disappointment. I hide my lips and take a deep breath, looking at Chorong and bowing.

“Minseok, your lunch is ready!” My co-worker calls out as I hastily walk away, feeling embarrassed. While grabbing my lunch, I walk towards the table farthest away from her. Though, when I glance at her, I can see her looking right back at me.

Why is this so hard? Chorong has accomplished so many things after our break-up. She got an amazing job as an instructor for hapkido, met lots of friends, and along the way, she got a boyfriend who is much better than I am.  I don’t know why I’m holding on like this—but I can’t help myself.

I have the urge to tell Chorong that I still love her and that I’ll work harder. Sadly, I can’t. She just looks so much cheerful than when we were together now that I see her.

Whenever she smiles, it’s like angels have smiled down from heaven. Her smile showed warmth, care, love, and reassurance. However, just like today, I think the best thing I can do is watch over her and protect her from afar when it’s needed.

I think that’s the thing I should do. To make myself feel better, I’ll do my best as a sideliner and protect her if I have the chance.

Taking a deep breath I close my eyes and run my fingers through my hair, letting out a puff of air. I just want Chorong to know that—I’ll always have her in my heart.