✏ twenty-seven: Beautiful Goodbye [ Kriseun / Krisna ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Beautiful Goodbye
Pairing: Wu Yifan (Kris) & Son Naeun [ Kriseun / Krisna ]
Written: March 17, 2013
Words: 2,140
Requested by: ddaebakk
Inspired by: Beautiful Goodbye - f(x)
Author's Note: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Anyways, I'm back to regular requests ^^ Also, thank you for the votes! If you have any project ideas, feel free to tell me and I'll input them! ouo 
*Slight warning: there is a somewhat-sensitive topic of abuse.

Listen - Beautiful Goodbye - f(x)

It was that moment, that moment where I exposed myself. The bruises I had that were on visible on my arm were exposed as I tried to reach up for that stupid container on the top shelf. I was wearing a pretty loose jacket and since I was literally tippy toeing to grab it, it eventually slid down.

I soon see a hand reaching up for the container and it was right in front of me. Planting back on the ground, I look up to see a very tall male beside me. He had such a cold feature, but the gesture he did showed more than that. I was intimidated and scared, so I grabbed the container from him gently and walked away without a word. Do I regret it? I very much do, but I’ve been scared of men like him ever since that moment (which I do not wish to recall).

Standing in line of the small convenience store, my eyes spots the tall male from before and he’s now standing behind me. I can feel every part of me tense up, clutching onto the container to my dear life. My eyes look at the counter, trying to distract myself from thinking about that guy.

“Excuse me…” His deep voice echoes as I jump up, gulping, “Y-Yes?”

“The line moved,” He beams as I look straight ahead to see a gap between the person in front of me and myself. I hastily move up, trying to stand closer to the lady in front of me.

After paying for my items, I exit the store to be welcomed by a huge amount of rain. The loud drops make the rain from the puddle splash onto me. I didn’t mind though because the rain is beautiful to me. I couldn’t help but admire the way it fell down gracefully from the sky, the clouds from above letting out their own emotions.

“Here,” The familiar voice speaks as I hear the opening of an umbrella. My head tilts up to the left to see the male again, placing the umbrella above us. I shake my head in refusal, my eyes averting to the ground. “You think I’m going to let a lady wait here by herself with drunken men on the side?” He whispers. I slowly turn my head to the right to see men holding beer bottles, their disgusting breath somehow reaching my nose.

“I didn’t think so,” He chortles softly as he puts an arm around my shoulders. How can he? He did this so casually like nothing happened? I immediately pulled myself away, staring up at him with wide eyes.

“Hey,” He starts, but I quickly walk out in the rain, not caring if my hair gets damp. “Hey!” His voice calls out again, but I start walking faster, trying to avoid him at all costs. Soon, I can hear the rain drops starting to lower, feeling shelter above my head.

He was behind me and was out in the rain while he had his umbrella over me. I just continued to stroll back to my apartment, feeling something funny stirring in my stomach. I stop and turn around to look at him, crossing my arms, “You really don’t have to do this,” I murmur while he shakes his head.

“But I am, aren’t I?” He replies as I shrug it off, striding off. “Wait!” He begins as I let out a deep sigh. “You don’t want to talk to me, okay? I-It’s best if you don’t,” I stutter as I close my eyes, taking a deep inhale.

The male’s steps walk closer, standing right behind me, “What if I want to talk to you?” I shake my head firmly, hanging my head down slightly, “It’s really best if you don’t…Now, excuse me. I have to go now…it’s my apartment.” I open the gate and run inside the apartment, leaving him behind. I didn’t even catch his name because of how nervous I was. I can feel my heart pounding out of my chest.

Closing the apartment door behind me, I slide down to sit on the cold wooden floor. I cover my face and breathe deeply, hitting the back of my head against the door. Everything started coming back to me again. The memories I had from before just started flooding every part of my brain and body, leaving me paralyzed.

“No! Please, don’t!” I scream and rebel as I punch his chest numerous times, stepping back. He abused me, scratched me, yelled at me. It was such a morbid relationship.  I couldn’t handle this anymore. Each bruise I had had a different story. I had to stay away from men like him as far as possible.

I can feel the tears flowing down my cheeks as all the abusive moments hit me like a tsunami. Bringing my knees up to my chest I try to stray myself from it. Suddenly, the thoughts of that man from before popped up. I can remember that he was standing like a tower with that short black haircut and cold features. They sure looked intimidating, but everything that he has done for me within that time span actually—blew me away for a second. I wonder why I didn’t know him better.

The next day I arrived at the convenience store again, looking for the same products. Scanning the ice cream behind the glass doors, I can feel my mouth watering from just eating any of them. Humming softly, I feel a familiar aura standing next to me. My eyes avert to the source, seeing him again. My eyes widen as I step aside, blinking, “It’s…”

“Hey,” He grins softly as he opens the door to retrieve a pint of ice cream, placing it in his basket. “I hope you didn’t get too sick from last night,” He looks around and starts walking away to grab a can of soda.  With my instincts, my feet traveled towards him, “I’m really sorry about how I acted yesterday.” I hide my lips as I look at the ground, glancing at the items in my basket, “I’m Son Naeun.”

A huge laugh is heard as I look up at him in shock, looking around to see others starting to chuckle. “I saw it coming. I’m a stranger to you, so I don’t expect you to be completely comfortable,” He nods as he turns to face me, “I’m Kris. It’s nice to meet you, Naeun.”

After exchanging numbers from the meeting, I felt much better around him. He was interesting and I totally read the cover of his book wrong. He seems like a really charming guy who had looks as a plus! However, I’m still iffy about the whole thing due to my past. I really don’t want to dwell on it, but sometimes I can’t help it.

As the days passed by, we both decided to meet each other at the local park. It was definitely isolated since it was outdated, but the beauty of it still survives. With my black sweater on to cover my bruises, I sit on the lone bench, watching the leaves roll by due to the strong winds.

“Naeun,” I hear Kris greet as he slowly sits beside me. He was really a fashionable man through all our meetings. “Hello, Kris,” I smile lightly as I place one of my hands on my forearm, looking at him.

It was complete silence for a few minutes until he stares right back at me, “Look, I know we haven’t known each other, but—I want to get straight to the point.” What was this? “When I first saw you, I noticed something on your arms,” He whispers and my eyes widen as I clutch onto my jacket sleeves.

“Naeun,” He continues as he looks at me with a reassuring glint in his eyes, “You don’t have to tell me now, but I want to help you.” I can tell he’s a good person, almost a saint. It took me some while until I was able to tell him everything: the ex-boyfriend who abused me for every simple thing and how each bruise became one.

I can tell his face started to scrunch as I kept going on. “I’m so sorry, Naeun,” He murmurs as he shakes his head, “No wonder you were so rigid with me.” Only giving a nod, I can feel something wrap around my shoulders, pulling me into a hug.

I can feel my own heart beating even quicker as I look straight ahead. His hug was something more than just your standard hug; it was hug that held many meanings. It held hope, courage, and bravery.  My eyes falls shut as I lay my forehead on his broad shoulder, a warm smile actually emerging.

He’s helped me to slowly get back on my feet, making me even happier than before. He’s taken me out to eat, shop, anything that I could think of.

He was absolutely amazing.

It was starting to near to the end of my school year and my friends and I were exiting the school to grab something to eat. However, I saw a familiar figure waiting outside by the gates. My eyes widen as we got closer, seeing Kris standing there, leaning against the gate with his hands tucked into his pockets. “Kris?” I whisper as I pat his shoulder, his eyes instantly looking back at mines, “Naeun. Let’s go, I have to show you something.” He laces his fingers through mines, starting to walk.

I look back to see my friends urging me on, their giggles still audible. I can see them whispering to each other, possibly talking about who I was with.

We arrive at the park again, but this time something stands out as it’s propped in the middle of the sidewalk. As we travel closer, I can see a blank canvas on an easel with paint and brushes on a small table on the side. My mouth gapes open as I tighten my grip on Kris’ hand, “Kris, did you really—‘”

He nods and brings me closer towards the gift, “This should help you release all your stress, anger, sadness. I want you to be fully happy again, Naeun. I want to see you smile all the time and cherish each moment.” His words touch my heart as I trace my free fingers over the texture of the canvas. Hesitantly, I let go of his hand and look at him, biting on my bottom lip, “Kris, I haven’t done anything for you though. It doesn’t feel right because you’ve been giving me everything while I haven’t done anything in return.”

Kris shakes his head with a earnest smile, “What are you talking about, Naeun? You’ve given me friendship and happiness too. What more can I ask for?” He ruffles my hair as he signals me towards the paint, “Go ahead and start.”

-

Sitting on the chair, I look out the window to see rain pouring down again. My heart aches as all the lights are turned off, the only light receiving is from the moon. It was to hide all the tears I had that were streaming down my cheeks.

“Naeun, I just want you to know that you’re an amazing person. I hope you continue to strive for happiness in life.” Those were his last words as we were in the airport. He had to depart back to China to visit his family, but he said it will take years until he can come back.

It’s been exactly one year and each and every day I’m hoping for a call from him. It’s hard to know that once you develop feelings for someone, they disappear instantly like thin air.

“Goodbye, Kris. I really hope the best for you,” I murmured as I tried to hold back the tears. I feel my chin slowly being lifted up to look at him. He fixes my hair and smiles lightly, “Don’t be sad, Naeun. I’ll be back, I promise.”

I slowly lift up my long white sleeve, revealing the bruises I once had. They finally disappeared and I can feel a sense of accomplishment rising. Looking at the faded bruises, it helped me stopped crying for a while.

Just as I was calming down, my cell phone rings. My hand grabs it and I can feel that familiar rush passing by again as I look at the caller ID. Pressing the call button, I press the phone against my ear.

“Naeun,” The acquainted voice greets me once again.

Oh, how I missed that voice. Tears starts falling again, but it was cheerful ones. Ones that I love.

Our conversation lasted hours, but we both had to end the call.

“Goodbye, Naeun.” “Goodbye, Kris.”

It was…a beautiful goodbye.