✏ one: You're My Princess [ Kaiyoung ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: You're My Princess
Pairing: Kim Jongin (Kai) & Oh Hayoung [ Kaiyoung ]
Written: August, 2012
Words: 1,070

 

Sitting in the living room of Jongin's small dorm, the sounds of background music fill the space with Hayoung's eyes completely plastered on the screen. Letting out a soft sigh, she wraps her arm around the bowl of the popcorn while her legs are crisscrossed on the sofa. She slowly pops a popcorn in , looking at the carpet, "I really like this movie. One of my favorite Disney movies of all time!" 

Jongin lets out a chuckle, nodding, "I guess so. I really like the Genie! He's awesome." Hayoung shakes her head and looks at him, "You have to like Aladdin! You know, you look like him too." Tilting her head to the side, she leans closer to see more of his facial features. She observes how his dark milk chocolate eyes puts her in a trance that is accompanied by his soft lips. Gulping slowly, she pulls away to hide that light shade of pink on her cheeks. Her eyes avert to the almost empty bowl of popcorn, hiding her lips.

"Aladdin, huh?" Jongin smirks slightly and holds his arm out, flexing his muscles, "Yeah! I'm strong like him too!" Hayoung turns her head to see Jongin flashing his muscles proudly, shaking her head, "And kind-hearted too! Muscles doesn't have to be everything."

He couldn't help but feel touched by that. Usually girls would only go by him for his charming good looks, but with Hayoung it was different. She didn't care about the looks that he had or that he was technically the kingka of the school. She cared about his personality and how dorky he was when there aren't a lot of people around. 

"Oppa?" Hayoung calls out softly, waving her hand in front of his face. Without noticing, Jongin was smiling widely. Catching himself in the act, he let his smile fade away into a shyer side, ruffling Hayoung's hair. "Let's see...I think you look like Jasmine!" He states, looking into her soft chocolate eyes. "Jasmine? I'm not royalty though!" Hayoung retorts, tapping her chin, "I'm Abu instead."

Sticking out his tongue, Jongin shakes his head, "Nope! You're Jasmine. Kai says so." He nods and turns his body around so he's facing Hayoung, crisscrossing as well. With Hayoung moving to face him, she throws a piece of popcorn at him, "Too bad. I'm Abu and that's final!"

Jongin twitches slightly, grabbing some popcorn out of the bowl and throwing them at her. "I've watched this movie for years! I know who you're like. You are Princess Jasmine and I'm putting my foot down!" He props his one foot on the floor, letting out a warm smile. 

"I'm not royalty though," The younger girl chuckles, grabbing a piece of popcorn and eating it. 

"You're royalty to me though," Jongin blurts out, his eyes widening as he notices what he just said. Crap. Did I just say that? A red shade starts to become noticeable on Hayoung's cheeks, setting the bowl on the floor. "Oppa, what did you just say?" She whispers, seeing Jongin is shocked too. Hanging his head down, he stands up, walking towards the balcony. "Nothing..." He murmurs, looking outside through the clear doors. 

Hayoung pursues after him, standing beside him. "Jongin oppa," She says softly. He closes his eyes and takes a small breath. Whenever she calls me by my real name...my heart is always beating fast. Whenever she laughs or smiles, my heart seems to open up more. "I can't believe this," He murmurs to himself, opening his eyes to gaze right back at the younger girl beside him.

"Hayoung," He begins, firmly keeping his gaze. The anxiety starts to creep up on him, but he pushes it off to continue. "You said I'm Aladdin, right? Well you're Princess Jasmine. You want to know why? It's because Aladdin falls in love with Jasmine in the end." Hayoung's eyes keenly widens, her heart beating quickly. Taking a step forward, Jongin gulps and takes one of her delicate soft hands, squeezing it gently, "ever since we met...I've been kind of a dork to you and kind of a troublemaker too. I haven't shown this side to anyone in a long time. You've always gave me a helping hand and even made me a stronger person. Oh Hayoung, you're one of the most amazing girls I've ever met. Remember when I was running away from those guys because I 'stole' something and I bumped into you? I don't regret that moment at all. Without that, I wouldn't have been able to meet you and I wouldn't be in this position either."

His words flow sweetly into Hayoung's ear, her heart beating to the rhythm of his words. She listens to every word he says, knots starting to form in her stomach. "Hayoung," Jongin continues, trying not to let that blush of red become noticeable. "You're my princess. The princess that I will always support, be there for, and spend grateful memories with. You're the one I really like." 

That was the last straw. Hayoung's heart officially wanted to get out of her body. It was beating quickly that she could even hear it. "Jongin," She whispers speechlessly. Slowly, her smile starts to grow wider with a genuine laugh coming out. "I have never seen this side of you before," She pauses and gazes back into his eyes, "and I can't wait to see more of this side. Ever since we started getting closer to each other as friends, I was afraid of getting friend-zoned. You were always good looking and I was scared that one day, you'd stop talking to me."

Jongin grabs her other hand, pulling both of her hands to go around his neck. His smile grows softer, his hands retracting from hers as they go to her waist. The feeling of his strong arms around her waist gives her even more butterflies in her stomach. "Why would you think that?" He laughs softly, "Why would I stop talking to the girl that would always make me smile and laugh? You're too wonderful to let go of."

Hayoung's grasp around his neck grew tighter as she hears those words, "Y-yah! Y-You're going to make me blush too much!" His lips tug into a small smirk, hugging her waist tightly, "I'll look forward to more of these blushes then." He chuckles and kisses her forehead softly, "Remember that you're my princess, Oh Hayoung."