✏ thirty-eight: Dare [ Kaieun/Rhodes ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Dare
Pairing: Kim Jongin (Kai) & Son Naeun [ Kaieun ] + ChanKyung and slight HaHun/Seyoung
Written: May 20, 2013
Words: 1,723
Author's Note: Sorry for my lack in updates ;~; There are a few reasons why. I'm currently having a writer's block and it x__x So I wrote this just to bring back some inspiration. Also, school is ending this week, but my summer isn't starting right after that. I have SATs on Saturday so I have to study my off later on ;~~; Also, I won't be here from June 4-June 11, so I won't be able to update a lot either OTL Please forgive me ;~; I'll try to update after everything. But oh my gosh, I can't wait for EXO's comeback ;~; I need to hear the full version of Baby Don't Cry and My Lady so much! Also, I hope A-Pink comes back around the same time! Hayoung's hair is so pretty! Anyways, enjoy! ^^

“That’s Kim Jongin,” A girl introduces the male who is walking casually down the hall. His hands were stuffed in his pants pockets as his bored stare looks at the girls who are fawning over him. “That’s the popular guy?” The new girl asks in flabbergast, sighing quietly.

“Mhm, he’s the bad boy of our school,” Her friend chuckles as she pats the other’s shoulder, “Let’s go, Naeun. I still have to show you around your new school.” The girl who’s named Naeun nods and holds her books. “Thanks, Yookyung,” Naeun smiles as she and her friend starts walking down the hall.

Male students stops and stares at the new face in school. To the boys, Naeun looks like a princess. Her long black hair that grew slightly wavy at the end and her snow white skin fits perfectly as one of those Disney princesses. Soon, murmurs starts roaming around the hall as they stare at the new found beauty.

In Class 3-1, Jongin leisurely sits in the back by the window, his legs resting on the desk as he rests his hands behind his neck. He looks out to see a tall tree right in front of him. Two other males walk inside and greet their friend, “Yo, Jongin.” Jongin snaps his head towards the two friends. Both of them were very tall, but there was such a personality difference. The one who just greeted him was Park Chanyeol. He had this bright white smile and was always making disturbances during class. The other was Oh Sehun. He’s usually silent and he’s somewhat like Jongin too.

“Did you hear about the new girl?” Sehun asks as he sits in front of Jongin. The other raises an eyebrow and tilts her head to the side, “Who?” Chanyeol takes the individual seat beside Sehun and smiles, “Her name is Son Naeun. She’s really hot, to be honest.”

Jongin scoffs and shakes his head, “I’d like to see for myself if that’s the case.” Just as he was about to close his eyes into a quick nap, the door screeches open. Two girls laugh with each other as they walk inside.

“Oh great…” Yookyung sighs quietly as she holds Naeun’s elbow, “Just don’t make eye contact and they won’t talk to you.” Naeun purses her lips and nods, looking straight at the ground as both girls head towards the back. During that painfully short walk, Chanyeol smirks and glances at Yookyung, “Hey, pretty.”

Yookyung closes her eyes in annoyance as she shakes her head. “C’mon! I’m a nice person,” Chanyeol continues as he looks at her. Yookyung takes the seat behind Chanyeol and crosses her arms, “Sure, says the person who dropped my lunch in middle school.” Chanyeol gasps and scrunches his face, “Well you were the one who told the teacher I was cheating back in elementary school!”

“I don’t want to talk to you,” Yookyung moves her chair back and faces Naeun, her face scrunching in frustrating at talking to him. “Are you two friends?” Naeun whispers as Yookyung immediately shakes her head. “No, we’re enemies.”

Jongin stares at Naeun who is next to him. Never has someone taken that seat beside him without hesitation and he’s honestly taken aback. He takes his legs off the desk and speaks, “Hey, you.” He lifts his chin up as he tries to get Naeun’s attention. The girl looks back at him and blinks, “Yes?”

“What’s your name?” He questions as he continues to look at her. Naeun averts her eyes to her desk and purses her lips, “Naeun.” Hm, Chanyeol was right. She is pretty hot. Jongin’s lips tug to one side as he nods, looking forward.

At lunch, Jongin, Chanyeol, and Sehun walk up to the rooftop to eat their food. “Admit it, Naeun’s hot, huh?” Sehun laughs as he takes a bite out of his lunch. “You know, if Hayoung was here right now, she’d probably get jealous,” Jongin rolls his eyes as lies down. “Hey, I think Hayoung is beautiful! That’s different!” Sehun retorts as he looks away in embarrassment. Chanyeol shakes his head and punches the younger’s arm, “You’re still looking at another girl though.”

“Shut up,” Sehun mutters as he stuffs his mouth with a huge bite. Jongin inhales and puckers his lips slightly, “She is hot though…” Chanyeol glances at him and suddenly gets an idea. “How about I give you a dare?” Chanyeol grins slyly as Jongin sits up in curiosity.

“I heard Naeun has never had a boyfriend. I dare you to give her the first kiss,” Chanyeol gives a thumb’s up as Sehun laughs quietly. “Chanyeol, are you serious?” Jongin glares as sighs deeply. Honestly, he’s never had his first kiss before and he’s kept that secret for as long as he could remember.

Chanyeol nods and smiles brightly, “If you don’t finish it by next week, I’ll tell Mina that you want to go out with her.” Jongin’s eyes widen as he hears that name. Mina and Jongin were sole enemies back in middle school because they were both competing for that athletic recognition, but he lost by a few points.

“I hate you,” Jongin mutters as he lies down again, closing his eyes.

A few days later in the morning, Naeun is walking by herself in the hallway. She holds her books closely to her chest as she listens to a few whistles by the male students. Did she like it? Of course not, she felt uncomfortable. Just as a male was about to approach, she feels an arm slip around her waist. “Back off,” The deep voice announces as the male steps away.

Naeun’s eyes widen as she looks up to see Jongin. As she was about to scoot away from him, his grip around her waist grew tighter. He whispers softly to her, “If you pull away, the boys will definitely try to hit on you.” Naeun blinks as they continue to walk together to class.

Isn’t he hitting on me right now? Naeun thinks as she purses her lips. They both get to class and Jongin releases her from his grip, seeing Chanyeol and Sehun looking straight at him. “What the heck,” Sehun whispers to himself as Chanyeol starts laughing.

Yookyung stands up as opens, “Naeunie! What did this thing do to you?” Jongin twitches as he sits down, “I’m not a thing.” Naeun shakes her head and sits down, “He didn’t do anything. He just saved me from those boys trying to flirt with me” Yookyung sighs in relief and sits back down, “If he ever does anything to you, just tell me and I’ll tell Chorong unnie.”

“C’mon, not my sister,” Chanyeol groans as he shakes his head. “Well, your sister can kick Jongin’s for Naeun if anything happens.” Jongin gulps and bites on his bottom lip in fear of both Chorong and the dare.

Throughout the next week, Jongin still hasn’t done anything about the dare. He’s gotten to know Naeun and they even hung out a couple of times throughout that one week. However, Chanyeol took out his phone and had Mina’s number in his contacts. He had to do this dare not only because he has to, but because he grew curious. What does a first kiss feel like? How will Naeun react to this? Does he like her?

Saturday night, Naeun takes a stroll by herself in the park. She honestly liked taking walks alone, but she somehow feels different in this familiar area. She slowly continues walking until she hears echoes of another behind her. She her lips and tries to walk faster, but she found herself jogging as the footsteps behind her grew faster.

Just as she was going to pass the various trees, she instantly got pulled from a hand. Her back hit the bark of the tree as her eyes water in fear. A hand was on top of as she closed her eyes instantly. “Naeun, it’s me,” The familiar tenor voice whispers in her ear as she opens her eyes gradually. It was Jongin who was looking at the stranger walking in a drunken manner.

Naeun takes a deep breath and rests the back of her head against the tree in relief. Jongin removes his hand and rests his hands on her shoulders, “Are you okay? Did I pull you too much?” Naeun blinks and smiles lightly, shaking her head. He doesn’t seem like such a bad guy… “Thanks,” She bows her head and waits until he moves away. However, he stays frozen, his dry lips. “Naeun…I’m sorry,” He murmurs as he leans down slightly, their face inches away.

Naeun’s eyes widen, but as she was about to say something, his lips crashed onto hers gently. She closed her eyes in fear as she brought her hands up, clenching them in a fist and hitting his chest. She squeaks in retort, but he stayed like that. Finally, Jongin pulled away and shuts his eyes tightly, waiting for the worst.

“Jongin,” She opens her eyes, revealing a tear wanting to escape. “Naeun, I—‘” He starts, but he watches her unclench her hands. “Why?” She asks in a quivering voice, “I thought you were a better person than that.” He hangs his head down and nods slowly, “I am—it’s just that. It was a dare…”

Naeun could feel her heart sink, tears streaming down her cheeks. “A dare? Is that why you were talking to me, huh? Just so you can win a stupid dare?” She pauses and watches the guilt shame over him. “I’m going,” Naeun coldly continues as she starts walking towards the pathway.

“Wait!” Jongin shouts as he trails behind her, grabbing her wrist, “Look, not all of it is true. It’s true that it was a dare, but I think I’ve grown to like you. Not in that romantic way…yet. But please, Naeun. Give me a chance…” Naeun looks at the ground and closes her eyes.

“I won’t expect an immediate answer from you, but—‘”He pauses and holds her wrist tighter, “At least let me walk you home safely.” Naeun lifts her head up and turns back to look at him. The sincerity in his eyes was begging for forgiveness. She nods and hides her lips, “Thank you…”