✏ forty-four: Father's Day [ Surong ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Father's Day
Pairing: Kim Joonmyun (Suho) & Park Chorong [ Surong ] | parents!au | parent!joonmyun | parent!chorong
Written: June 16, 2013
Words: 1,372
Requested by: WonsicaShipper
Author's Note: Hello! Happy father's day to all the fathers out there! ^^ It's still father's day here! But I decided to go with the popular pairing for this. Originally, I wanted to do something related to EXO's wins, but I got a better idea with the whole father thing xD Congratulations to exo for their wins on the three major music shows <3 I'm so proud of them all. Also, anyone a fan of Bangtan Boys? They're amazing ;~; Well, hope you guys enjoy it! Also, can you guys believe it's been over five months since I've started this? O: I can't! Oh, and thank you for the recent upvotes <3 I wasn't expecting any xD

“Ssh, don’t wake appa up, okay?” The woman smiles gently as she sits up in bed, her eyes traveling towards the sleeping male beside her. Her eyes then avert back to the little boy who just woke her up, ruffling his hair softly.

“Can we make appa breakfast?” The boy’s wide eyes sparkle as he places his hands on the edge of the bed, pleading for acceptance. She giggles lightly and picks him up, carrying him as she gets out of bed, “Of course we can. What do you want to make for breakfast?”

The boy purses his lips as his eyebrows furrow in thought. “Fried rice!” He pumps a fist in the air and nods firmly, looking cutely at his mother. The mother smiles and rubs her nose against his like a feather, “Fried rice it is then.”

She settles her child on the chair and takes out simple ingredients to put together the breakfast. “Umma, what can I do? What can I do?” The child bounces in his chair as he looks up to his mother who is already cooking.

“Hm…Ah!” She smiles and places her utensil down, going to the refrigerator and grabbing out orange juice. She grabs a glass cup afterwards and places it on the counter, “Pour some orange juice for appa. Don’t spill though, okay?” He nods diligently and uses both hands to open the top of the juice.

He bites his lip in concentration as he uses both hands to hold the container, pouring the juice into the cup. However, a small puddle forms on the table as he pours the juice. He places the container down and closes the lid, “Done!” His mother turns around and laughs quietly, grabbing the sponge and wiping away the liquids. “You did good, Jaewan. You can do even better next time, right?” She bends down and kisses the top of his head. Jaewan nods and smiles, showing his gums, “I will!”

She sighs happily and turns towards the stove, stirring in the rice. Just as she hums a soft tune, Jaewan’s attention turns to his parents’ bedroom door. He in a deep breath as his eyes forms an eyesmile. His father just got out of bed and has an index finger on top of his lips to quiet his child down.

He slides towards his wife and stays as quiet as he can. Immediately, he wraps his arms around her waist and sticks his head out from the crook of her neck, “Good morning, Chorong~”

The wife jumps in surprise and takes a deep breath, holding up her big wooden spoon. “Y-Yah, Kim Joonmyun! Don’t scare me like that! You know I took hapkido!” Joonmyun chuckles and kisses her cheek, “I would have taken those kicks and punches anyways.”

Jaewan slides off his seat and hugs his father’s leg, clinging onto him like a monkey, “Happy Father’s Day!” Joonmyun unwraps his arms from Chorong’s waist and picks his child up, making their faces at the same level, “Thank you, Jaewanie~ Appa loves you.” He kisses Jaewan’s forehead and smiles.

“I poured orange juice for you!” The little boy points at the cup sitting on the table, his father placing him down on the chair to grab the orange juice. “You’re a good boy, Jaewan. A very good one.”

“Breakfast is ready,” Chorong smiles as she turns off the stove, transferring the food from the pan to the huge bowl.

Joonmyun sits down and watches his wife pass out the bowls of fried rice, rubbing his hands together. “Thank you, jagi,” He grabs his spoon and takes a big bite, nodding.

“So, what do you want to do on this special day?” Chorong asks as she sits across from him, looking at him. He hums softly and grins, “I just want to stay home with my loving family today. It’s nice to take a break from schedules.” She nods and takes a bite, looking at Jaewan, “Aegi, do you want to play in the backyard today?”

Jaewan nods happily and holds his spoon up, smiling with food still in mouth, “Mhm!” She laughs and grabs the napkin, wiping any excess food on his mouth. The child swallows and looks back and forth at his parents, “Can we play with Lucky?” Lucky is a small white puppy that is full of energy and always running around. Joonmyun purchased the puppy once he and Chorong moved in when they were dating.

She nods and takes another bite, “Of course!”

-

“Lucky!~” Jaewan shouts as he runs towards the dog house in the backyard. He crawls as he gets closer to the house, barking like he’s a dog. “Don’t get your shirt dirty!” Chorong shouts as she sits on the stairs of the patio. Wearing her shorts, pastel shirt, and slippers, she puts on her hat and sips on a lemonade.

Joonmyun sits right beside her and smiles sheepishly, “Hey there.” Chorong smiles warmly and sips on her drink, “Hello. Want some?” She offers her drink to him and he takes a sip out of the straw. “Remember when we first got Lucky? He was such a ball of energy,” Joonmyun starts as he watches their child run around with the small puppy.

“He reminds me so much of Chanyeol,” Chorong mutters as she shakes her head, remembering about her brother. Joonmyun laughs and nods, “No wonder him and Chanyeol love each other.”

Chorong suddenly sits up straight and bites her bottom lip, “Ah, I forgot to say…” She places her drink down and spreads her arms out, wrapping them around his shoulders as she leans towards him happily, “Happy father’s day! I love you so much, Joonmyun.” She closes her eyes and smiles brightly.

Joonmyun laughs and places a hand on her waist, patting her waist gently, “I love you too, Chorong.” She pulls away from the hug and smiles, “Go ahead and play with Jaewan. I’m going to get something.” She stands up and rushes inside the house.

The father grins and stands up, watching Lucky run towards him, “Lucky!” He grins and throws him up in the air and catches him, placing him back down gently.

“Appa, let’s play fetch with him!” Jaewan tugs on his father’s shirt, passing him the toy ball. Joonmyun smiles and nods, throwing the ball towards the farthest part of the yard.

Chorong tippy toes until she’s behind him, her hands reaching up as she holds something, placing it in front of her husband’s eyes. “Oh?” He tilts his head slightly and sees a gold round locket. “Open it,” She insists as he clicks open the locket.

Inside were a watch and a family picture that was taken a while back. Joonmyun  smiles warmly and gently takes the pocket watch, placing it inside his pocket as he turns to face her, “It’s wonderful, Chorong.” He places a hand on the back of her head lightly and leans his forehead on hers.

Chorong smiles sweetly and stares at his light brown eyes. She places her hand on his cheek and nods lightly, “You’re a great father, Joonmyun. No one could ever replace you.”

With his free hand, he places his hand on top of hers and kisses her lips ever so gently. She smiles against his lips and closes her eyes, taking a step forward to get closer to him.

Jaewan sits on the grass and observes his parents, Lucky jumping into his lap. “Appa, umma? What is that called?” He shouts as his parents move away from each other slowly. Joonmyun laughs quietly and rubs the back of his head, approaching his son. “Jaewan, when you really love someone and you place your lips on their face, it’s called a kiss,” He kneels down nods, poking his child’s nose.

“Really?” He tilts his head and reaches up to kiss his father’s eye, “That’s a kiss?” Joonmyun blinks and laughs, “You are definitely our son. Well, you rarely kiss someone on the eye, but hey, that works.”

Chorong crosses her arms and laughs at the scene, looking at her watch, “Hey, boys! It’s time for lunch!”

“Yay! Wait, umma, can I kiss your eye?” Jaewan shouts as he stands up and runs towards her.