✏ thirty-six: あの日の約束 (That Day's Promise) [ MyungHaHun (exopinkfinite) ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

 

Title: あの日の約束 (That Day's Promise)
Characters: Kim Myungsoo (Infinite), Oh Hayoung (A-Pink), Oh Sehun (EXO), + a surprise cameo [ exopinkfinite ]
Written: May 4, 2013
Words: 1,962
Requested by: ymaknaehayoung
Inspired/Based off of: あの日の約束 (That Day's Promise) - Sugawara Sayuri
Warning: Character deaths are mentioned
Author's Note: Hello! Sorry for my huge delay in updating. I've gotten writer blocks and being piled up with some finals orz Anyways, I decided to do this OT3 since I need something to get me back into writing. Also, please remember that requests are closed and I'm only taking requests for Yookyung's Mini Project. Thank you ^^ I'll open up regular requests once all requests are done.

By the way, if you're a fan of Naeun, feel free to read my newest story: Crossing Paths Again! ^^

Thank you for all the support! ^^

A 25 year old female stands in front of a grave, her black clothing emitting a depressing aura. She couldn’t bear it anymore as tears instantly fell down her cheeks and on to the grave. “You promised,” She whispers in a shaking voice, clasping onto her handkerchief like it was her life. She’s been crying endlessly and her family is very cautious of her; however, she came by herself today and she’s been here for hours.

“Kim Myungsoo, we were supposed to be together…forever,” She closes her eyes and goes on her knees, hanging her head down. Suddenly, a huge wind rushes against her, her eyes staying closed which felt like an eternity.

“Hayoung-ah,” A male called as he was cooking food in the small kitchen. He stirred in the spaghetti as he heard footsteps rushing yes. “You called, Myungsoo?” A sweet voice replied as she walked calmly towards him. “Can you taste this?” He asked as he caught some of the spaghetti sauce and the noodles onto the spoon. She nodded and watched the spoon get closer to , “Say ah~” He cooed as she obliged. Soon, she started nibbling on the spaghetti, her eyes widening with a glint, “Whoa, it’s really good! You’ve done well!”

He smiled in relief and turned off the stove, stirring the spaghetti one last time, “Great. Dinner will be starting soon.”

After Myungsoo cleaned the dishes, he set up the table as fancy as he could. He walked towards a bedroom to see his girlfriend lied down her a book on top of her face. He chuckled and lightly lifted the book up, seeing her eyes closed. “Oh Hayoung,” He called out soothingly as she stirred slightly in her sleep. He shook his head and whispered, “Don’t make me do this.” He knew she was a heavy sleeper and he immediately rested his hands on both sides of her waist. He smiled and started tickling her, her body twitching in response.

“W-wait! O-okay! I’m up!” She laughed and wiggled her legs up and down as she caught his hands, her eyes opening, “Yah, Myungsoo!” He stopped and wrapped his arms around her waist, looking at her, “Dinner is ready.” He pecked her nose and pulled away, walking towards the kitchen. Hayoung smiled warmly and immediately trailed behind him, being welcomed to a table that has one big plate of spaghetti.

Her cheeks immediately flushed with red as she saw Myungsoo pull back the chair for her, “For you,” He smiled as she slowly took her seat, watching him take the seat beside her. “Let’s eat,” He grinned as he grabbed a fork. After a few minutes, both of them were laughing and leaning towards each other while they reminisced about their past. As they both were going to take a bite, they found out that their spaghetti noodles were connected. He grinned sheepishly as he’s been waiting for this moment the whole night. She blushed at the thought as they both slowly leaned towards each other. In moments, he captured her lips gently and cupped her cheek softly. Her cheeks warmed up as she returned the kiss, closing her eyes. He pulled away slowly and looked at her, “Hayoung, I want to promise you something.”

She blinked and held her pinky out, “What is it?” He wrapped his pinky around hers as they both connected their thumbs. “I promise that we’ll be together forever.” She smiled brightly and nodded, tightening her grip, “I promise you too, Myungsoo.”

Suddenly, Hayoung’s eyes widens, being welcomed by a tan colored ceiling. She squints her eyes and pressing her forearm against her forehead, feeling a wet towel on top. “Huh? What is this?” She sits up and finds herself in an unfamiliar apartment, “Where am I?”

“Oh, you’re a up,” A unique voice echoes as she watches a man about her age walk inside. She immediately hugs herself and gulps, “W-who are you? W-what did you do to me?” He blinks and just chuckles softly, “Well, I’m Oh Sehun. Secondly, you were laying in the graveyard and it was storming, so I brought you here.”

She gulps and nods slowly, looking at the floor, “Thanks…” She sighs softly and takes off the towel, starting to stand up, “Well, I have to get going.” She starts walking pass him until he grasps her wrist in surprise. “You can’t,” He firmly states as he looks out the window, “It’s storming. Can’t you hear?” Hayoung blinks and pauses, hearing thunder clap across the room and the rain pellets harshly hitting all sides of the apartment. She looks at his hand and immediately pull away, nodding, “Sorry…” She walks back to the couch and sits down, placing her hands on her knees.

Sehun purses his lips and sits on the other end of the couch, “I understand how you feel though.” She turns her head towards him, pursing her lips. “A few years ago I was supposed to get married to this wonderful woman. She was my everything. I was supposed to ask her to marry me this one night once we got towards the park. However, it was late at night and while I was driving, a car was speeding on the opposite direction and crossed over the line, colliding with our car.” He pauses and blankly stares, shaking his head, “I was the only one who survived…”

Hayoung’s heart squeezes in pain, feeling sympathetic for him. “That happened to me too…” She bites on her bottom lip and blinks, “A couple months ago, Myungsoo and I were heading to the airport late at night. A few minutes into the ride, this car from the opposite lane lost control of the tires and it crashed into us.” She closes her eyes to hold back her tears, “It happened all too fast…He immediately took off his seatbelt and covered me as we hit the guardrail.” She holds her hands together as a tear drops down her cheeks, “When I opened my eyes he had blood all over his fast and his grip around me grew weak…I…” She covers her face and stays silent, trying to regain her composure.

“I’m sorry…” Sehun murmurs as he hesitantly places his hand on her shoulder, massing her shoulder gently, “Myungsoo is protecting you now though. He’s looking down at you and telling you to be strong for you.” She breathes abnormally as she stifles in her tears, running her hand through her hair as she nods. “I guess you’re right,” She her lips and glances at him, “Thank you, Sehun.”

“You’re welcome—‘” He purses his lips, “I don’t think I got your name.” She smiles weakly and holds her hand out, “Oh Hayoung.” Sehun blinks and slowly shakes her hand with the hand that he placed on her shoulder, “Hayoung. Well, it’s nice to meet you.” He chuckles softly and pulls his hand away, “We have the same surname. Though, I don’t think we’re related.” Hayoung nods and looks at her knees.

Did Myungoo send Sehun to her? Maybe, but all she knows is that she was meant to meet Sehun that night. Surprisingly, they had a lot in common and it felt like they instantly grew closer.

Four months later, Sehun and Hayoung instantly grew as best friends. Hayoung’s stormy days and nights soon turned into a warm and cloudy day. After her multiple breakdowns, Sehun has been there to help her through it all. They were both hanging out and spending most of their time together. He’s honestly never felt happier ever since he was with his girlfriend.

One night, Sehun sleeps soundly in his bedroom. However, a dream suddenly appears in his blurry vision. A male with a handsome figure and face was dressed in white. For some reason, it felt like Sehun knew him. “You’re Oh Sehun, right?” The male asks as Sehun just goes along with the dream. “I’m Kim Myungsoo. Please treat Hayoung well. She doesn’t deserve to be depressed about this.” He suddenly thinks about his girlfriend and soon a familiar girl appears next to the male.  “Sehun-ah. I’ve told you to be happy even if anything happens. I want you to be happy with whoever makes you happy. You’ve taken years to finally find her—and that’s what I want for you to do. Be joyful and thankful for everything.”

Sehun wakes up and breathes deeply, sitting up hastily. He runs his hand through his hair and his dry lips, “Whoa…” He sees the sun which blinds his face and he grabs his phone, opening up his messages.

Hayoungie, let’s go somewhere today.

Sure. Where to? ^^

It’s a surprise. I’ll pick you up.

Two hours later, Sehun drives over to Hayoung’s apartment. During the drive, Hayoung looks at the different sceneries, “Can I at least have a hint to where we’re going?” Sehun shakes his head and focuses on the road, “Nope.” She pouts slightly and crosses her arms, “C’mon. Please…oppa~”

Sehun sticks out his tongue at her and shakes his head, “That won’t work.” A few minutes later, Hayoung watches them go to a familiar path. A path that she’s gone every day. Her eyes widen and glance at Sehun. Why is he going to the cemetery?

He parks the car and gets out of the car, walking towards her side and opening the door. “Let’s go,” He smiles reassuringly and holds out his hand.  She nods slowly and grabs his hand gently, getting out of the car. On their way towards Myungsoo’s grave, Hayoung feels her legs shaking and her heart beating abnormally.

“Hayoung, I had a dream last night,” Sehun begins as they stop in front of Myungsoo’s grave. “Your boyfriend appeared in my dream,” He pauses and lets out a breathy laugh, “I know…It sounds weird. But, he asked a favor from me. I didn’t know what was happening until my—girlfriend appeared.” Hayoung looks up at him and stares, waiting for him to continue.

“They told me that I should enjoy life and stop being so gloomy about everything ever since she passed away. I think from them—I accepted his offer,” He pulls his hand away and holds out his pinky, “You told me that you and Myungsoo made a promise, right? Well, I’d like to make one to you.”

Hayoung blinks and bites on her bottom lip. She was afraid—because she didn’t want any promises to be destroyed. “I—I don’t know,” She whispers and looks at Myungsoo’s headstone. “Trust me,” Sehun beams as he stares at her gently, “Please.” Hayoung hides her lips and slowly puts her pinky up.

“I promise—I will protect you as much as I can and I’ll be here for you whether it be concrete or spiritually,” He assurances as he twirls his pinky around hers, their thumbs touching. The promise is actually well-rounded and thought of as she looks at him. She never felt such a huge promise, “Sehun…”

Sehun smiles lightly and pulls his pinky away, hugging her tightly, “This is what both of our lovers want. They’re looking down at us and wanting us to put on a genuine smile for them.” Hayoung keeps her eyes open as she looks up at the sky, watching the clouds slide away from the sun, presenting a clear sky with the rays shining down.

“They’re finally happy,” Myungsoo smiles and looks down, inhaling a big breath. “Sehun, you better treat her right,” He whispers as he crosses his arms. A female giggles beside him as she shakes her head, “Don’t worry, Myungsoo. Sehun is a nice guy; I’ve been with him for years.”

“You better be right, Naeun,” Myungsoo sighs softly as they both watch the scene like a movie.