✏ sixty-nine: Do You Remember? [ XiuChanJoo ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Do You Remember?
Pairing: Park Chanyeol, Kim Namjoo, Kim Minseok (Xiumin) [ XiuChanJoo ]
Written: July 16, 2014-July 17, 2014
Words: 1,137
Requested by: shiningbeasts
Author's Note: Hello again! I'm back for now! Sorry for my lack of updates...I've been reading a lot and I just kind of lost my motivation for write. However, thanks to Yifan's song that was released, I got back in the mood to write! I have five requests left and after that, I think I'll only accept three-five. I'm entering college in August and I have no idea how busy I'll be (especially for what I'm majoring in). I might put all of my stories on hiatus if I get too busy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this! ;_; 

He felt his heart drop down to his stomach as he read the lines. She kept a secret from him…He thought they were close enough to tell each other secrets…everything. However, he can’t just be enraged by her at this moment—he was perplexed on why she just left without a word. Besides, he could never stay mad at her.

Anyways, the real reason why I’m writing this letter is because well…I left behind a lot of unsaid words. Words that I wanted to spill out from the bottom of my heart. It’s so difficult to tell someone who’s so close to you their deepest feelings. It’s like when I try to tell someone what I actually feel, my thoughts fight with each other and I come out completely embarrassing. I had to resort to writing this letter to you T_T

Chanyeol’s fingers gripped tighter onto the edges of the paper. His eyes were glued to the letter, wanting to unlock the feelings she’s been hiding ever since they were friends.

Do you remember the first time we met? Minseok invited you over to play video games and when I was bringing drinks and snacks to you guys, you thought I was Minseok’s girlfriend. That was pretty embarrassing, but I’m glad we were able to be friends. Remember when I joined in on the game and I beat both of you? Those were great times ^^

Throughout our first month of meeting each other, I considered you as a best friend of mines already. We probably didn’t notice, but we had so much in common. Interest in music, movies, games…everything. However, one thing was different for sure. You were a light, a bright light that even though you could get blind, you wanted to look anyways.

Your smiles, laughs, and random jokes always brought up my mood. Even if I was down just because I felt like it, you made my mood go up effortlessly.

Within those months of knowing each other…little did I know I was holding a huge secret in my heart. Not even I could unlock it.

Do you remember when I went to your house on a rainy night? How I was crying because of a stupid boy? All I needed was your company…

Chanyeol remembered that day clearly. It was the first time he saw her break down right in front of him. They were in his room, sitting down on the floor against the wall by the door. They couldn’t make it to his chair or the bed because Namjoo broke down right there and then. His eyes were widened to its full extent and his heart was beating in nervousness. He immediately sat down beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder while the other encircled the front of her waist, bringing her over to lay her head on his shoulder. All he could do was just stay by her, hold her, and hum a soft melody to make her stop crying.

His eyes traveled away from the letter for mere seconds, feeling blood rushing up to his cheeks. He cleared his throat and continued reading the letter.

We’ve had so many wonderful memories, oppa. I don’t know if I told this to you, but thank you so much. Thank you for all the memories. The laughter, the smiles, the random going outs, the food you bought me, the gifts you gave me, and most importantly…Thank you for simply being you.

After a year of our friendship…I finally unlocked what my heart was hiding from me. Now after this letter, you may or may not want to speak to me every again—maybe not even make eye contact with me. I will understand completely after you read this letter.

From our time knowing each other…I haven’t realized…how much…I liked you.

There it was. Those words. Those words he was dying to hear—well in this case, see. He sat up straight in his bed and let out a small laugh in happiness, bringing a loose fist to cover his mouth. He couldn’t believe it… However, after that little joyous moment, he inhaled deeply and continued reading.

Why couldn’t I have realized it sooner? I realized it right when I got accepted to take on the job in Japan. I guess I was just afraid of falling in love… Now that I look back on it, I’ve always liked you. I’ve always had feelings for you and only you.

This…seems like a messy confession…especially since I’m writing this to you through a letter. I just want you to know that I really do have feelings for you…I still do, even if I’m in another country now.

Chanyeol, if you don’t like me, I understand. I hope that you find someone who’s fitting for you, someone who makes you happy every single day. I wish you good luck in your future endeavors because I know you’ll do an amazing job.

I’ll be in Japan for the next several months. I’m going to do my best as an entertainer and hopefully you’ll get to see me on stage one day.

Good luck, Chanyeol oppa! ^^

Chanyeol’s eyes traveled down to the bottom of the paper to see a phone number written. His eyes roamed around the letter, landing on random words, but his eyes would always land on the best part: I liked you. Why? Why did she think that he wouldn’t like her? He obviously did.

Now that he thought about it, why did he do anything himself? He thought the same exact way as Namjoo actually. That’s the thing about falling in love…you are so unsure of someone returning the same feelings as you that you just live behind a mask of just being their friend. You can’t say anything simply because you might ruin a friendship. It’s a complicated feeling that makes you contradict yourself every single time.

He decided to end these feelings of confusion and he immediately grabbed his cell phone on the bedside, dialing the number in his phone. He pressed the phone against his ear and could only count the amount of rings it created.

“Hello?” A familiar voice greeted. Chanyeol gulped as his eyes landed on the tiniest material on the paper. He took a deep breath and his dry lips, “Namjoo…”

“Chanyeol…” She whispered as she sat down on the chair in her apartment. She looked out the window into Tokyo’s busiest streets, her legs suddenly brought up so her knees can meet her chest.

A small buzz of silence could only connect the two through the phone. Chanyeol closed his eyes and took another deep breath, murmuring quietly just enough for her to hear, “I love you…”

“I love you and I won’t stop.”

Those three special words...changed their lives completely.