✏ fifty-eight: Wish [ Kaijoo ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Wish
Pairing: Kim Jongin (Kai) & Kim Namjoo + exo and apink cameos 
Written: July 29, 2013
Words: 1,313
Requested by: Kylalovesiu
Author's Note: The last request of the second batch! This seems cliche though ;___; sobs I'm sorry OTL However, the third batch is now in session! ouo Also, f(x)'s album is pretty amazing! Honestly, it took me some time to get used to their title track, but after watching the mirrored dance it started getting addicting xD And let's look out for EXO's follow up promotions <3

The two best friends walk casually side by side, their eyes averted to the many different surroundings. The girl walks gently as her short brown hair slowly travels in different directions from the evening wind. The male on the other hand has his hand tucked in his pocket while another hand slides through his now blonde hair. “Where are we going?” The female asks to break the silence.

“Hm? Oh, we’re going to our favorite spot! The little hill past the park,” He replies as a gentle smile beams on the girl’s face. When the two were children they always went there to vent out all their feelings and play around with no worries of the world around them. Now that they’re young adults, their feelings grew more confused.

The two walks towards the little hill where tall grass sways to the left, stars shining brightly and the half-moon showing. The male lets out a relaxing sigh and drops down to sit. The female plops down beside him and smiles lightly, admiring the clear night sky with a few passing clouds.

“It’s been a long time,” She murmurs as she brings her knees aligned to her chest. “I know. I wonder what happened to our venting place,” He replies back as he plants his hands behind him, leaning back. “Well, popular Kim Jongin has gotten so much things to do now days,” She teases as she sticks her tongue out slightly.

The male raises an eyebrow as he tugs a playful smirk, “You’re just the jealous Kim Namjoo who wants to be popular too.” She laughs and slaps his shoulder lightly, “I’m not jealous. I don’t want to have a lot of attention anyways.”

“You keep acting cute though. You catch lots of boys’ attention,” He replies as he reaches out to ruffle her hair. The girl puffs her cheeks out and warps her arms around her knees, “No I don’t. I never even experienced my first love, so that at least says something. They must only see me as a friend.”

Jongin sighs and shakes his head, staring at his best friend. He knew many males liked her; they just never had the gut to. “Besides, the way I act at school is different than when I’m with you,” He murmurs under his breath as he looks up at the stars.

“Still yet. You’re still that charismatic Jongin at school, especially at sports and dancing,” Namjoo replies as she closes her eyes, letting the wind hit her skin. Jongin smiles bashfully and soon does the same as the other, a content sigh escaping his lips.

I wish Namjoo will find that right guy soon. I mean, c’mon, she deserves it. I’m her best friend, I should know. He thinks as he fully lies down on his back, his hands behind his head to use as a pillow. Namjoo on the other hand, continues to breathe in the misty night.

However, both of them didn’t notice that right at that moment, a shooting star flew across the sky quickly.

The next week, Namjoo and Jongin sits next to each other in class. They laugh and smile as if the people around them were invisible. “It still feels weird having blonde hair,” Jongin sighs as he curls a few strands of his hair with his fingers, his eyes averting up.

Namjoo fixes his hair gently and purses her lips, “It looked weird at first, but over time, it grows on you.” Jongin lays his head on top of hers, “Here, have some of my blonde hair.”

She shakes her head and pushes him gently away, “No thank you. I’m fine with the color of my hair. You should be getting to class though!” Jongin shakes his head and smiles, “Alright. I’ll see you after school.” He stands up and waves slightly to the girls who were waving in a hyper manner to him.

During the late afternoon, Jongin caught up with some of his friends and soon he was transfixed by pizza in the middle of the table. As the boys eat and drink their way through the night, Jongin takes his last bite out of the pizza. “Is my Namjooie doing well?” A male asks as he takes another bite out of his pizza. Kim Joonmyun—the older brother of Kim Namjoo. He’s been going to college constantly and hasn’t been able to see his sister as much, so he trusts Jongin to take care of her. He’s a loving brother towards her and he’s even a great friend to those around him.

“She is,” Jongin replies as he wipes his mouth with a napkin. “Does she have a boyfriend yet?” The youngest one asks as he drinks coke straight from the bottle, holding it up slightly above his mouth.

Jongin coughs and covers his mouth, his eyes widening, “No.” The youngest laughs and shakes his head, “Really? I would have thought—‘” Suddenly, the male is hit by another who’s eyes are widened to send a signal to him. “Sorry, Luhan hyung,” He looks away and hides his lips.

“What’s going on?” Jongin asks as he raises an eyebrow, crossing his arms as he lies back on the couch. “Do you remember how Naeun and I got together?” Luhan asks as he stares at Jongin. He purses his lips and tries to recollect his memories.

-

“Luhan and you were best friends and were oblivious to the fact that you two liked each other?” Namjoo innocently asks as she sits down in her room with her friends also sit around. “Exactly,” Naeun replies as she fixes her hair, “That’s the situation you and Jongin are in.”

“That can’t be!”

-

“That can’t be!” Jongin shouts as he leans forward, leaning his elbows on his knees. “You’re in an oblivious stage,” The youngest one smirks as he shakes his head.

“Remember Sehun?” Joonmyun asks as he stares at the youngest, “He was so dumbfounded to find out that he actually liked Hayoung until we actually told him.” Sehun furrows his eyebrows and mutters under his breath, looking away.  

Luhan, who is sitting on the floor, pats Jongin’s knee and looks up at him, “Think. Do you know why Namjoo doesn’t have any dates or why she’s not with any guys?”

-

“That makes sense now…” Namjoo whispers as she scratches the side of her head. “Jongin and I have been friends for years and people think that we’re going to end up together…” She slaps her forehead and opens slightly, shaking her head.

Naeun smiles lightly and places an arm around the youngest, “It seems like our Namjoo will be joining us!”

Despite their friends hinting and encouraging the naïve best friends, Jongin spent the rest of his night thinking about his memories with Namjoo from when they were children to now. Just thinking about it made his heart beat loudly.

One day after school, Jongin and Namjoo decided to walk home together. Even if both of them knew about their feelings, they were somehow able to still have that same bond. Jongin rubs the back of his neck for some periods of the time, feeling nervous.

Today is his first step—their first step. Gradually, that hand reaches out to her swinging hand at her side. He laces his fingers through hers, his thumb on top of hers to give her security. Her head snaps towards their hands, a light pink appearing on her cheeks.

My wish came true, huh? Namjoo did find the right guy---and that guy is—me.

That first wish and first step brought them into a comfortable relationship. It’s been one of those relationships that will naturally flow. The confessions just slip past their minds and they just fall into admiration with each other.

Jongin’s wish turned into something more—something better than he expected.