✏ sixteen: Secret Admirer (Valentine's Day Project) [ Xiukyung ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Secret Admirer (Valentine's Day Project)
Pairing: Kim Minseok (Xiumin) & Hong Yookyung [ Xiukyung ]
Written: February 3, 2013
Words: 1,170
Author's Note: Part two out of twelve is posted for the project! ^^ Xiukyung it is! I hope you enjoyed this one <3 Too bad EXO-M didn't have an interview part about Valentine's Day ;~; It would have made more inspiration. Thank you again for all the subscribers and comments! This collection just surpassed 1000 views so I feel very happy ^^ 

P.S. I'm not taking any regular requests until the project is finished ^^

☁☁☁

“Dear Hong Yookyung,

I guess you can say that this is the first time I’m doing this. I’ve never done this before since—well—I’ve never liked anyone before. However, it seems like I do now.

I don’t want to say much since I’d rather want to let you know in person, but…

Happy Valentine’s Day!

From,

Secret Admirer”

Trembling in front of her mail box, her fingers rub against the edges of the letter and her cheeks turn a soft red. This isn’t a hoax, right? She’s not being tricked, right? No, of course she’s not. It’s hard for the brunette to take in as it’s the first time she’s received a confession.

her dry lips, she clutches onto the letter and slowly walks into her house, pursing her lips. Images of people run through her mind as she tries to figure out who this secret admirer is. However, the real question is: who does she like?

“Minseok oppa, guess what?” Yookyung says as she places the phone by her ear. Her heart is still palpitating hastily as she can feel herself get goose bumps from just thinking about what she received.

“What?” A slightly deep voice replies as she pauses for a second. “I got a confession,” She whispers as she bites her bottom lip, glancing at the letter that is placed on her lap.

A huge pause of dead air is heard in the line. “Really? …That’s great!” His slight apprehensiveness tone can be noticeable as he takes a deep breath, “Who do you think it is?”

Yookyung purses her lips and shrugs her shoulders, “I really don’t know. I don’t talk to a lot of guys.” The other lets out a chuckle, replying, “Don’t worry. Maybe he’ll pop up tomorrow for Valentine’s Day for you!”

“I doubt it,” She smiles and looks at the letter, placing her hand on it, “Well, I’m going to start making some chocolate.”

“Oh? You’re going to be making chocolate this year? That’s a first,” Minseok’s voice turns into curiosity as another light pink shade grows upon Yookyung’s cheeks. “Don’t tell me—You’re going to be giving chocolates to the guy you like?” Minseok slyly grins through the phone as he hears silence through the other end.

“Bye, Minseok oppa!” Yookyung laughs anxiously as she hangs up and throws her phone on the bed. She grabs her pillow and places her head on top, squealing slightly, “Ah…this is frustrating.” He must not like me. I thought Minseok oppa was the one who wrote that letter for me. Now what am I going to do? Give him these chocolates while he’ll get loads of them?

Lifting her head off the pillow and takes a deep breath, standing up as she puts the pillow down, “I’ll still make him the chocolates!” Making her way over to the kitchen, she starts grabbing the ingredients to her homemade chocolates. She decides to make a variety of shapes such as stars, hearts, and put them in heart shaped box.

After a long day of making chocolate, Yookyung stretches and yawns, walking towards the couch in the living room. Settling down, she closes her eyes and slowly goes off into a deep sleep.

The next morning, the door knocks, making Yookyung jump up in surprise. Glancing at the clock, she ruffles her hair, her eyes widening. I slept for the whole night? Wow… Groggily, she stands up and walks towards the door, opening it and revealing Minseok.

“M-Minseok!” Yookyung squeaks as she gulps, noticing how she’s still in yesterday’s attire. Minseok grins and waves, “Hey, dongsaeng. Happy Valentine’s Day!”

Yookyung smiles and nods, “Happy Valentine’s Day, oppa,” She opens the door wider as he walks inside, closing the door behind her. “I’m going to change, I’ll be back!” She scurries towards her bedroom and places on a white t-shirt and light blue shorts.

Minseok, on the other hand, places his bag beside him as he sits on the couch, fumbling with his hands. When she returns, Minseok sits up straightly, looking at her. “So, did that admirer come yet?” He asks as he watches her expression turn softer. “Sadly, no, but as I said, I highly doubt he’ll come,” Yookyung replies as she settles on the couch beside him.

Chewing on his bottom lip, Minseok nods and pats his backpack while glancing at the wooden floor. “But you made chocolate, right?” He asks as he keeps his eyes glued to the now interesting floor. “Yes, want to try?” She asks hesitantly as she stands up, her hand signaling an offer.

Both of them walk towards the kitchen with Minseok still holding his backpack like it was something worth a million dollars. Yookyung grabs the package out from the fridge, then passing the petite clear package to him, “Here you go.” With a grin, he takes the package and unties it, taking out a piece of chocolate and popping it in his mouth.

Yookyung’s light brown eyes widen as she patiently waits for his reaction. It was either delicious or disgusting, it’ll show if she can truly express her love for him. “This is—really delicious,” Minseok smiles as he happily takes another piece, then eating it. “The guy you like will love it,” He whispers, hinting a slightly envious tone. Yookyung blushes lightly as she looks away, holding onto her own hands.

“O-Oppa,” She starts, but Minseok shakes his head. “No, let me say something first,” Minseok clears his throat and wipes his mouth before opening his bag. “You know the person who sent you the letter?” He gulps and scratches the back of his head. She nods slowly as she tilts her head slightly, “Yeah, what about him?”

“I saw him,” He mumbles as he looks at her confidently. “Who is it?” She beams with curisosity.

“Well…he’s standing right in front of her,” He clears his throat and looks at the floor, stuffing a hand inside his pocket. Yookyung can feel her heart beating rapidly as her clear vision suddenly turns light while her stomach explodes with butterflies flying around quickly.

Taking out a blue box, he opens it revealing a charm necklace, “I’ve always liked you, Yookyung. Ever since we met at the restaurant, I always have. When you first started working as a pastry chef, you caught my eye.”

Yookyung’s eyes avert towards the charm necklace, pursing her lips, “M-Minseok. Wow, thank you.” A bright smile emits from her thin pink lips as she touches the necklace lightly, “I’ve felt the same away about you too. Since you started helping me out, I’ve gotten to know you better and it’s really been nice. Now, knowing that you like my chocolates, I’m very satisfied.”

Minseok’s gummy smile soon emerges as he places the box down to take her into a tight embrace, a sigh of relief escaping his lips. “So, Hong Yookyung, will you be my valentine?” Yookyung smiles and hugs him back just as tight, nodding, “I will be glad to, Kim Minseok.”