✏ seventy-one: Hold Me Tight [ ChenMi ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Hold Me Tight
Pairing: Kim Jongdae (Chen) & Yoon Bomi
Written: May 17, 2015
Words: 2,122
Based off of: Hold Me Tight - BTS
Warning: light swearing
Author's Note: Heh, hi again, I'm back once again! I felt like Chen was really underappreciated since he only had three chapters and they were all Chenjoo-- So here you go, Chensing machines! I'm just writing this one shot since I'm really addicted to BTS lately ;; Also, this is before I die in my online class for summer OTL I will still try to update though, but I got a lot to balance! Hope you guys enjoy this and I really appreciate comments! ^^ Again, I am taking pairings into consideration, so I may write something! Have a great day everyone!

Low beams of yellow light hit the depressed and overwhelmed male. His thumb and two next fingers spanned across his forehead to massage his temples as his right hand gripped around the shot glass. He’s slumped over at the bar table, his feet rested on the support of the small swivel chair. Music blared from behind him as people are dancing their night away, not caring about anything else going on their lives.

It was the total opposite for Kim Jongdae. He was deeply contemplating on life, more importantly, the girl that he just broke the heart of. Languidly, he brought the shot glass up to his lips, taking a huge gulp out of his soju. He let out a high-pitched hiss through his tongue, tapping the shot glass back down on the table. The bartender rose an eyebrow as he was cleaning the glasses, letting out a soft sigh, “Jongdae, you know this is bad for you.”

Jongdae opened his eyes slowly and looked at the bartender, running his left hand through his black slick hair, “I know, Luhan, but just let me off for the night. It was rough.” His voice cracked deeply as he stared at the table, furrowing his eyebrows as his left hand met the glass as well, hanging his head down as he clenched his jaw.

“I think I screwed up big time this time…”

“You jerk!” Her voice echoed through the apartment as she clutched onto her phone in her right hand. She was breathing heavily as she stared at her boyfriend who was standing in the living room. As she stood between the doorway of their bedroom and the living room, tears were starting to swell up around her eyes.

Jongdae gulped and shook his head, dropping his briefcase lightly on the floor, “Bomi-ah...Please…let me—‘”

“You don’t need to explain, Kim Jongdae,” Bomi beamed as her wavy light brown hair was out of place, part of her hair covering her right eye. “I can’t believe you did that…I just…” She whispered harshly as she tried to resist herself from throwing her phone. She received a call from her friend that Jongdae was caught sleeping with another woman—apparently that friend’s sister.

“I was drunk, Bomi! It couldn’t be helped!” Jongdae tried to save himself but instead he was welcomed with a snicker from his girlfriend. She gritted her teeth and hung her head down, her other hand balling up into a fist. “It could have been helped…You didn’t have to drink in the first place…”

Jongdae stood there in silence, the air between them thickening as he watched his girlfriend break down, tears spilled from her eyes as she kneeled down on the floor. He slowly took his first step towards her, still feeling so far away from her. “I don’t think I actually had with her though…”

“Think—that’s the keyword. You could have, Jongdae! How the hell am I supposed to trust you now?” She cried as she didn’t bother giving eye-contact, her hair falling in on the sides of her face, covering her tears. Jongdae walked closer to her quietly, kneeling down on his knees and wanting to wrap his arms around her.

However, Bomi pushed him away by the chest, her cheeks slightly puffed as she held in her breath. “Get away from me…I can’t look at you for tonight..”

“Bomi…” He murmured as he tried gulping down his cracked voice, tears slowly forming around his own eyes as he saw his own girlfriend crying in front of him. He was the main reason why she was crying and he vowed to himself before that he would never hurt her like this. However, that day came—after nearly two years of being together. Some would call it the honeymoon phase—and now, Jongdae broke that phase.

Bomi’s voice lowered, feebler than ever. “Please…just leave me alone…” After a few moments, Jongdae stood up slowly, walking out of the room and grabbing his car keys and wallet, stepping out of the apartment. He was in his office attire and as he closed the door behind him, he leaned against the cold door, hitting the back of his head lightly with his eyes shut closed.

“…” He cursed as he loosened his dark red velvet tie, inhaling deeply before opening his eyes, his eyes slowly burning from the bright lights. He started walking out of the apartment complex, his mind and body subconsciously driving towards the bar.

Now here he was, slumped over his chair with his sleeves brought up to his elbows, not caring about the women trying to flirt with him on the side. Luhan shook his head slowly as he poured another shot in his glass, walking over to the other side of his station. Using his right hand to cover his ear, he picked up the landline phone with his left, dialing the number before pressing the phone against his ear.

“Hello?” The female person croaked and Luhan let out a soft hum, his eyes closing in disappointment.

He let out a quiet sigh and tried to talk above the music, “Bomi…You gotta come to the bar…” Static could be heard on both lines and she too exasperated a sigh, “Why should I…?”

Luhan glanced over to the male who is now noticeably crying as his right hand covered his face, his body jerking up and down lightly. He saw the curves of his mouth distort into forcing himself to stop and Luhan couldn’t help but speak in a stronger tone. “Yoon Bomi, your boyfriend seems like he’s going to pass out any second. He’s crying his heart out and he’s been drinking nonstop since he got here. I strong advise you to get him. I don’t want to be the person to into your relationship, but you are still his girlfriend and I know you still love him.”

Another long pause emitted and Luhan’s ears soon filled up with the pounding bass. “Luhan…Thank you…” She whispered as they both bid goodbye to each other, Luhan placing the phone down and returning to his work.

Half an hour later, a woman entered the building, her keys and phone held in her left hand as her right hand tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, weaving her way through the bustling crowd towards the bar. She kindly declined the males who asked her to dance and she finally made her way to the bar. Her heart immediately sunk as she saw her boyfriend’s chest leaning against the table, his head resting on the right side, unaware of his girlfriend’s presence. His eyes were closed and puffy and his hands were loosely holding onto the shot glass that was empty.

“One…more…” Jongdae pleaded tiredly. Bomi slowly sat down on his left, her right hand slowly resting on his left shoulder as she faced him. “No, Jongdae…No more…” She said as Jongdae’s eyes widened in shock. She didn’t miss the way his bloodshot eyes looked straight at her clear eyes. He immediately sat up and Bomi’s hand slid off his shoulder, soon resting on her lap.

“Bomi…W-What are you doing here?” He stuttered quietly as he unwrapped his hands from the shot glass, wiping his hands on his pants. “I’m taking you back…” She said firmly as she stood up, watching her boyfriend stand up slowly afterwards. He faltered on his feet and Bomi immediately wrapped her left arm around his waist, catching him before he fell on the side. His right arm draped over her shoulders and he could feel her warmth again. He missed it…even if it was for the whole night. He knew that she was the one…he always knew that.

As they exited the bar, Bomi realized how strong the scent of alcohol was as the wet roads and atmosphere came in contact with their bodies. They made their way towards Bomi’s car and she opened the passenger door, carefully putting himself and buckling him, quickly making her way towards her side to drive them back. It was another half an hour later and Jongdae was slowly sobering up, still feeling the alcohol in his system.

He was able to walk himself carefully but Bomi still held onto him for support. Her eyes softened as she watched him get ready to take a shower and Bomi sighed, already changing into her sleeping clothes and sitting on the bed. She stayed on her left side of the bed, playing with her hands as she nibbled on her bottom lip.

Soon enough, Jongdae walked out of the bathroom and slipped into the right side of bed, simply knocking out as his body faced her. He mumbled out a quiet sorry before doing so, leaving Bomi in pure shock. It wasn’t the apology that shocked her, but how feeble he was. She slowly brought her left hand out to run through his moist hair, closing her eyes as she breathed out deeply. Discreetly, she slid down until her face met his chest, her knees slowly being brought up towards her own chest, her right arm reaching over to wrap around his middle. Silently, the both of them slept, a tear slowly running down from her right eye to the bridge of her nose, meeting her left eye. She was regretful, disappointed in her way of handling the situation.

The next morning, Jongdae’s eyes cracked open, his heart beating abnormally fast as he felt familiar warmth around his body. His right forearm was underneath his head and soon, he brought his left hand to push aside the stray hair from Bomi’s face. He frowned slightly as he saw Bomi’s eyes puffed up, her lips frowning as compared to his daily dose of Bomi’s smile. He traced his fingers across the outline of her face; thumb gently running across her lips. The female’s eyes gently opened, the red lines appearing on the white of her eye. “Bomi…I—‘” He started, but Bomi shook her head slowly and curled up closer to him, burying her face in his chest.

“Not yet…Please…” She whispered as she closed her eyes once again, not wanting to touch on the topic so early in the morning. However, Jongdae embraced her tightly and clenched his jaw, looking at the extra space on the bed. “No, let me explain…”

“I won’t deny the fact that I found myself in bed with another woman other than you. When I woke up that morning…I was so shocked…Especially find out that I was sleeping with Yoonmi’s sister. I thought it was all a dream—one of those stupid drunk dreams. It wasn’t though…It was real life. We both regretted it,” He told softly with a tone of regret and disappointment. He had mixed emotions from anger to utter fear.

Bomi exhaled a quiet hum and pursed her lips before speaking, “I talked to Yoomi and her sister…She told me that you both woke up with clothes on. She doesn’t recall having any intimacy with you either…” Jongdae thanked the lord for that happening and being on his side for that moment. His thoughts were soon cut off from her voice again, paying close attention to her.

“I’m sorry for how I handled this…I should have let you explain and I should have talked to Yoomi’s sister before assuming anything else,” She apologized as she gently shook under his touch, resisting herself from letting any more tears fall.

Jongdae immediately unwrapped his arm around her and instead lifted her up to be on the same level, his left hand cupping her cheek, “Don’t apologize for that. You know it was ultimately my fault. I shouldn’t have drank that much…and I definitely shouldn’t have been with Yoomi’s sister. I’m the one who should be sorry.” His tone grew faint as he went on, his dark brown orbs staring directly at her own, Bomi deeply falling into his trance.

She knew he was truthfully saying his word, genuinely in fact. “Can you trust me…again…please?” He asked with a slight hint of desperation, caressing her cheek gently as he bit on his bottom lip lightly. Bomi hid her lips and glanced down at his shirt for a moment, her eyes soon meeting his once more. “Not all at once…but slowly…yes,” She murmured as Jongdae cracked a light smile.

He lifted his chin up slowly and pressed his lips against her forehead, running his hand through her hair afterwards as he brought himself back down to her level. “Thank you, Bomi…” He whispered as he caught the ends of Bomi’s lips spreading into a gentle smile.

That same smile I fell in love with…Never do I want to see you breakdown like this…Never.