✏ thirty: Without You [ Chanji / Eunyeol ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Without You | Part of the short series - Eternity [ Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Bomi, Eunji ]
Pairing: Park Chanyeol & Jung Eunji [ Chanji / Eunyeol ]
Written: March 26, 2013
Words: 1,306
Requested by: kpoplove95
Author's Note: Here's a short back story on Chanyeol's and Eunji's start of engagement ^^ The final for this "short series" will be written later on! ouo I'll make sure that it'll have fluff in it ^^ I hope you're enjoying this! ^^ orz

“Hey, Chanyeol, you got a letter,” One of my superiors announce as he throws the letter at me. Sitting on my bed, a huge smile spreads across my face. Lying back comfortably on the pillows, I open the letter. However, as I read each word, I can feel my smile dissipating, my mood dropping, and my mind full of misperception.

“What the hell…” I murmur as I grasp onto the letter tightly, reading over it again. This can’t be serious, right? After everything we’ve been through and this has to happen? What’s going to happen now?

I had the temptation to rip the letter in pieces, but I felt something soft and smooth besides the rough paper. Flipping the letter around, a picture of both of us is posted. I can remember that picture like it was yesterday. It’s been one of the milestones in my life.

It was about three months before my enlistment in the military that’s required for males here.

“Chanyeol, what are you up to this time?” She laughed as we were lounging in the kitchen during the early morning. Pouring a cup of coffee for her, I placed the cup in front of her while taking my own. “You’ll see. Just make sure you wear something nice, but comfortable,” I advised as I took a seat beside her.

As I wrapped an arm around her waist, I put my cup down on the table, “This happy go lucky guy can be romantic too, you know?” The way she looked at me was very adorable. She looked curious, but anxious to know what I had planned.

“Well, I have very high expectations,” She grinned as she poked my nose, looking at me with a small smile. She stood up and grabbed her cup of coffee before heading towards her room. Yes, we lived together, but her parents don’t exactly know that. Her parents were always against us because I was only an owner of a music store and that meant I had little money. However, I’m getting there—definitely am.

After about an hour, she was ready to go out and I was full of excitement. I grabbed her hand and walked us out towards the sidewalk. Since it was spring, I decided to go to our first destination: the park. Okay, so it’s a little cliché, but we were always fond of walks.

The park was known for copious amounts of trees, plants, and freelance artists. While walking through the park, her hands were tightly wrapped around my arm with her head lying on my upper arm. With the proudest grin I had on, my farthest hand lays on top of her hands, looking up at the trees. “Remember our first walk together? We saw the cherry blossoms and then the wind started blowing them away in different directions,” I whispered as we felt a huge breeze rush past us.

“Are you a psychic or something?” She laughed as I looked at her, seeing small cherry blossom petals planted on her head. “No, but I am Jung Eunji’s boyfriend,” I grinned sheepishly as I blew off the petals from her head. I felt her pull away and cross her arms, “Hey there, what happened to Park Chanyeol? You know the one who doesn’t randomly become corny?”

As I shook my head, I slung my arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to me, “He’s right here!”

We decided to go to our next destination: the music store.

It was the music store that I put my whole sweat, heart, and mind to. I’ve done my best to keep the music store stocked with instruments, score sheets, and anything that a music junkie would want. As we walked to the music store, I settled Eunji down on the chair. “Do you remember how we first met?” I asked as I strolled over to my favorite acoustic guitar. I grabbed a stool and sat down, propping my foot up while holding my guitar.

“Hm? It was here, right?” Eunji asked as she looked at the guitar, a bright smile showing, “I needed help finding music and you instantly helped me. You were so cheerful, it brought up my mood.” The reminiscence came back as I strummed a few chords on the guitar.

As I glanced at Eunji, I can see her eyes closed and her body swaying slightly side to side. That was where I decided to pop the question. Her eyes opened and I was on my knee, continuing to strum the guitar. She laughed quietly and tilted her head to the side, “Chanyeol, what are you doing?”

“Eunji,” I started as I stopped playing, placing my guitar gently on the ground, “We’ve been together for two years now. We’ve gone through everything from your job to your parents.” My hand reaches inside my pants pocket to grab out a dark blue box, lifting the cover open, “And I believe that we are able to take that next step. I love you so much, Eunji. Will you marry me?”

Her eyes widened as she covered , nodding excitingly, “Yes, I will!” At that moment, I felt like the luckiest guy in the world. In a matter of seconds, I placed the ring on her finger and immediately stood up with her following. I took her into the warmest embrace I could, my smile plastering on my face for the rest of the night.

At one moment I’m engaged and the next I feel betrayed. I don’t know what to believe anymore. Eunji is the only girl that I really treasure and want to spend the rest of my life with.

Dear Chanyeol,

I hope you’re doing well in the military. Are you eating and sleeping well? I really miss you and I really want to see you. However, I think this may be the last time you’ll be hearing from me.

Please don’t get mad at me. You know how my parents were so tense and strict? Well, they took their ability to arrange a marriage for me. I’m getting married to a guy I rarely know. Chanyeol, please know that I still love you. I love you with all my heart and I want to wear that engagement ring proudly.

I wish that we can see each other, Chanyeol. I really do…

I’m sorry.

-Eunji.

Her parents always caused trouble for our relationship. It’s a mystery on why they are always against it. Did they not like how I behave or spoke? I treat Eunji like a princess, but her parents don’t seem to notice that.

 “Chanyeol, we have to get going,” My friend announces as I lay the letter on the bed, quickly heading off to duty.

In a few weeks I’ll be discharged, but I can honestly say that I wish I could stay here rather than going back to reality.

However, those weeks passed by quickly and as soon as I know it, I’m already packed and ready to go back to Seoul. Now, I’ll be having a lonely apartment with no familiar aura. I won’t have anyone to hold, talk to, laugh with, or show my love to. Without her I’m nothing.

On that bus back home, I can feel my chest tighten and my head feel light. I can’t imagine what will happen once I step off that buss. A few minutes later, the bus halts to a stop and one by one, we all exited.

Looking around, I was being hopeful. However, in that crowd I saw no one that I was accustomed with. Dragging my feet through the crowd, I continue searching. My whole body freezes as I escape the crowd, glancing at the person right in front of me.

“Chanyeol,” The familiar voice whispers.

Time stopped for me right at that moment.