✏ thirty-nine: Acceptance (Part One) [ HanMiDae (b.a.pinkexo) ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Acceptance
Characters: Luhan, Yoon Bomi, Jung Daehyun + B.A.P cameo [ b.a.pinkexo ]
Written: May 28, 2013
Words: 1,518
Requested by: keketotomato
Inspired by: EXO's Wolf MV teaser.
Author's Note: Hello! Remember when I said that I was taking my SATs? It's actually this week, so I was studying a little yesterday ;~; I think I'll be studying again tonight. However, who's excited for EXO's comeback? Agh, I want to heart Heart Attack and Baby Don't Cry. Chanyeol's voice--my gosh ;~; Anyways, this is a two shot! ^^ I hope you guys can figure out who's the next characters! ouo Enjoy!

“I don’t trust you with that thing,” The male grits his teeth as he and a girl sits in class while eating their lunch. The girl sighs quietly and puts down her chopsticks, glaring at him, “First of all, that thing has a name and his name is Luhan. Secondly, I’m being a nice classmate and friend, okay? He just moved and I think he needs time to explore the school and the area.”

The male closes his eyes as he holds his lunch box, but soon he slams his box on the table and stands up to look at her, “Yoon Bomi, that boy is suspicious to me!” Bomi crosses her arms and stands up afterwards, puffing out one side of her cheeks, “Well, Jung Daehyun, you shouldn’t judge things first. At least meet him first!”

I did—I did, Bomi. Daehyun thinks as he clenches his jaw, watching his best friend walk out of the classroom with her lunch. He sits back down and takes a deep breath, tilting his head back.

As Bomi storms off from the classroom, she walks towards the rooftop of the building, being welcomed by the strong wind blowing against her. “Who is it?” A groggy voice echoes lightly as Bomi turns her head towards the source. She finds a familiar figure lying on the ground with his right leg propped up and his left forearm over his forehead as his eyes are closed lightly.

She smiles lightly and takes light footsteps, “Hey, Luhan. It’s Bomi.” She sits down beside him and opens her lunch, “Tired from classes?”

Luhan pops an eye open and glances at her, a warm smile emitting from his lips. He nods and opens both eyes to stare at the blue sky and fluffy white clouds leisurely move about. He gradually sits up with both of his legs propped up and his arms resting on his knees, “Yeah. I really just want to go out in the town already…”

Bomi nods and takes a bite out of her food, blankly staring at the fence. “That’s true, especially when the school year just started…” She places her lunch box on the gap between them, her hands resting on the ground behind her figure to prop herself up.

Luhan stares at the meat and his lip, his pupils sharpening at the meat. He coughs lightly and whispers, “Can I have a piece?” Bomi hums softly and glances at Luhan, whose eyes are staring straight at the meat. She giggles lightly and nods, “Go ahead!”

The male bows his head in thanks and grabs a piece of the meat with his fingers, immediately popping it in his mouth. “Mmm,” He chews the meat and swallows, covering his mouth from his sharp teeth showing. He coughs again to hide a faint growl, his lips soon afterwards to get back to normal.

Lunch bell rings and the two starts heading back to class. It’s study hall and Daehyun sits behind Luhan and Bomi. He stares intently at the two’s backs, his arms crossed loosely. Luhan turns his head to face the side of her face, laughing quietly as he cracks a joke to her. Bomi couldn’t help but laugh as well, covering as she eyesmiles.

“Hey, let’s hangout after school. Maybe we can visit a new restaurant,” Luhan suggests as Daehyun hears his offer. Say no, Bomi. Just say no…please. Daehyun gulps as he hears her sweet voice say yes. He hangs his head down and takes a deep breath. Great.

About a month passes and Daehyun notices something very different. He sits behind the two again and watches their actions. He looks at Bomi who’s laughing and tucking stands of hair behind her ear. He sighs quietly and starts averting his eyes to the front of the class until he sees something unfamiliar on Bomi’s right arm. A scratch is visible as his eyes widen, looking at Luhan next.

“No way,” Daehyun mutters to himself as he shakes his head, thinking of a plan.

It’s Friday night and many teenagers and young adults starts roaming around the streets and alleyways. Daehyun walks towards a familiar area where alleyways were known for gangs. His hands are stuffed in his pants pockets as he looks around. His eyes finally land on a target, seeing Luhan and Bomi together. Why the hell is Bomi here? She knows this area is bad. He watches them being surrounded by Luhan’s acquaintances.

“Dae, what’s up?” A deep voice echoes as he turns around, finding five other guys approach him. Daehyun sighs in relief and tilts his head up, “I have to talk to this guy, Luhan. Watch Bomi, okay?” Daehyun takes a deep breath and approaches Luhan, Luhan and his gang glaring at him.

Did Daehyun want to take this risk? If it was for Bomi, yes. It was for her own safety. Bomi’s mouth opens slightly as she looks at her friend, “Dae—‘”

“Xiao Lu Han,” Daehyun growls through his teeth as he grabs Luhan’s collar and pushes him against the wall. Luhan arches an eyebrow and smirks, “What, Jung Daehyun?”

“You know what’s up,” Daehyun’s eyes glares at the other as if he’s going to kill him. Daehyun’s gang starts approaching Luhan’s, each holding the other back. “How did Bomi get that scratch on her arm?” Daehyun questions as the other rolls his eyes.

Bomi starts putting a hand on Daehyun’s shoulder, “Daehyun, it’s nothing. He just scratched on accident.” Daehyun moves his shoulder away from Bomi’s hand, his head looking back at her. “Bomi, it wasn’t an accident! Luhan is hiding something from all of us.”

“Tell me, what is it?” Luhan sing-songs as Daehyun takes a deep breath. “He’s a wolf!” He shouts as the words reverberate through the alleyway. Bomi’s eyes widen as she was about to retort. However, Luhan pushes Daehyun away with his hands, his eyes turning light green.

Suddenly the rest of Luhan’s gang pushes the others away, all of them slowly getting on the ground. In a matter of seconds, all six of them shapeshifts in creatures—wolves.. Their body now replaced by fur, their eyes glowing, and their teeth sharper. Their hands and feet turns into paws, their eyes piercing through the human beings standing.

“I was this close to have Bomi part of our group,” Luhan growls as he crawls towards Bomi. Her eyes widen in fear as she grabs Daehyun’s arm by instinct. She shakes her head in disbelief, “No, you can’t be! I must be dreaming!” The wolf laughs and growls, walking back to his original place, “I thought you were different, Bomi…” Slowly, Luhan turns back into a human, standing up. He faces his back to her and hangs his head down, “I thought you were able to accept people—even if they’re completely different.”

Bomi blinks and tightens her grip around Daehyun’s arm. She gulps and whispers, “I do, but Luhan…this is another situation. You were going to turn me into something that I didn’t want to be—or even expect to be! I can’t…” She hangs her head down and purses her lips, “I’m sorry.”

Daehyun looks at Bomi and nods, slowly walking out of Bomi’s grip and towards Luhan. “Look, stay away from her, okay? I don’t think she wants to see you again,” He harshly advises as he walks back, wrapping his arm around Bomi’s shoulders. He and his gang exits the alleyway, leaving the pack of wolves and Luhan behind.

“I’m sorry…” Bomi murmurs as she stops in her tracks. Daehyun blinks and faces her, shaking his head, “It’s not your fault.”

“But I haven’t been hanging out with for the past month—I feel like it is my fault,” She hangs her head down and hides her lips, feeling guilty. Daehyun chuckles softly and wraps his arms around her neck, burying her face in his chest, “It’s not your fault. However, you need to pay me back.”

She looks up at him and tilts her head slightly, “How?” Daehyun grins sheepishly and holds her tighter towards him, “By going on a date with me.”

The gang behind them groans in their moment. “Oh c’mon, hyung, not in front of us,” One of them whines as he sighs quietly. “Shut up, Jongup. You and Namjoo are always cheesy with each other,” The younger one mumbles. “Hey, hey, don’t be talking, Zelo. You and Hayoung always talk to each other sweetly,” The older one advises as the younger one hangs his head. “You and Chorong too,” The second oldest coughs as the eldest hits the back of his head.

“Hey, stop it! Yongguk has Chorong, Himchan has Eunji, Youngjae has Yookyung, Jongup has Namjoo, and Junhong has Hayoung. But guess what,” Daehyun smiles as he stares at Bomi warmly, “Bomi and I will be taking our first steps now.”

As they all start leaving onto the main street, Luhan stands behind the wall, witnessing the new formed couple. It seems like no one accepts me as a wolf. When will it be my turn?