✏ fifty-six: Sick [ Surong ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Sick | a small series from Father's Day and Past Lover
Pairing: Kim Joonmyun (Suho) & Park Chorong [ Surong ] + Kim Jaewan (Surong's fictional child)
Written: July 23, 2013
Words: 1,298
Requested by: Chubby28
Author's Note: sobs Surong and their continuation of their family because lots of you seem to enjoy reading them ;~; I swear, I think I have an attachment towards Jaewan even if he's fictional OTL Anyways, updates on all my stories will be slower due to AP English. I'm dedicating the next five weekdays to finish all of my work so I can have my last weekend and two days of freedom before school xD Also, I have a question for you readers: Would you be alright if I made some one shots with siblings (as in the pairing you requested can be portrayed as siblings and not lovers) or would you rather keep it as love pairings?

P.S. Please don't kill me at the end of this one shot :D

Loud slightly high-pitched coughs echo in the house. The female sighs softly in worry as she enters the bedroom to see her son lying down in bed with a weary body and face. “Jaewan,” She coos as she sits on the edge of the bed, placing the back of her hand on her son’s forehead.

“You need to take medicine,” She whispers as she moves away the side bangs from his face. The boy frowns and shakes his head firmly, “I don’t want to, umma…” He crosses his arms and looks up at her. She scrunches her nose and rubs the top of his head gently, “You need to. I’ll be back.” She stands up and walks towards the kitchen, receiving the liquid medicine and then grabbing a spoon.

Just as she’s about to walk back, the front door clicks open to reveal her husband with his tie loose and his face down. “Hard day at work?” She asks as she places the items down on the counter, walking over to her husband. He nods slowly and runs his hand through his hair, “So much paperwork…” He snakes his arms around her petite waist and closes his eyes, “But I’m glad I’m home now.”

The female smiles warmly and hugs his middle in return, rubbing his back gently, “Welcome home, Joonmyun. Except, Jaewan started coughing and his forehead is really hot…” She slowly releases herself from his grip and walks towards the kitchen to grab the items before striding towards Jaewan’s room.

Joonmyun furrows his eyebrows and places his briefcase down, taking huge steps towards his son’s room. The coughing grows louder and soon, the small child is sneezing. The mother frowns and carefully sits her son up, twisting the cap open from the medicine. “No! I don’t want to take medicine!” Jaewan pleads as he flails his arms, hiding his lips with force.

“Jaewanie, it’ll help you feel better,” She tries to explain as she holds the spoon and the medicine in each hand. “I don’t like it!” He announces with a hateful tone.

Joonmyun raises an eyebrow and laughs, “Jaewan. Do you want to be strong?” He walks over towards the other side of his bed, sitting down while putting his arm around his shoulders. Jaewan looks up at his father and nods, “I do, daddy.”

“If you take the medicine, you’ll feel much stronger than how you are now!” He encourages as Jaewan stares at his mother. Jaewan nods slowly and surrenders, “Okay, I will…” Joonmyun ruffles his hair and looks at him, “See, you’re already strong.”

The female smiles warmly at her husband and feeds him a couple spoons of the medicine. After covering the medicine and plating the items down, she gently tucks him into bed. “You’re a good bye, Jaewan. Tomorrow, if you still feel like this, we’ll go to your doctor,” She nods and his cheek with her thumb, kissing his forehead. “Good night, Jaewanie,” She smiles and stands up straight. Joonmyun soon does the same and ruffles his hair once more before placing his hand on his wife’s back, leading them out the bedroom.

“He’s been coughing for two days, but today it just got worse,” She whispers as she glances at the clock. Almost midnight and their son’s coughs were still audible. A sense of concern drapes over face, her arms crossing gently in thought. Joonmyun inhales and rubs her back soothingly, “He’ll be alright. However, you need rest, Chorong.” He pokes her nose and looks at her.

Chorong nods slowly and lets out a small puff of stress, “I’ll be heading to bed then. Good night, Joonmyun.” She reaches up and kisses him softly on the lips, the male returning the sweet kiss just as gentle. Despite Joonmyun’s heavy schedules, the one thing he always looks forward to towards the end of his hectic day is being able to kiss his wife before the day is over.

The next morning, the huge coughs are heard again. However, as Chorong stirs in her sleep, she hears a voice straining. Immediately sitting up, she jogs out of bed and towards Jaewan’s room. She feels his forehead again and bites her bottom lip, “Jaewan, can you open your mouth?” Her son does as instructed and as Chorong observes his throat, she sees a spot of red forming.

She quickly scurries back to her room and shakes her husband who is deep asleep. “Joonmyun…” She calls as she continues to shake him, “Yah, jagiya!” The male’s eyes flutter open as he groans softly, “Hm?”

“Jaewan got worse! We have to go the doctors now,” She walks over towards her closet and places on a huge coat and changes into simple shorts instead of her pajama shorts. Joonmyun immediately wakes up and gets out of bed, walking over to change into his jeans. “You call the doctor. I’ll grab Jaewan,” Joonmyun instructs as he quickly goes to the other room. “We’re going on a small ride,” The father tries to smile as he picks his son up, carrying him out to grab the car keys and wallet.

Chorong talks on the cell phone as she replies back to the receptionist. “Alright, we’ll be there as soon as we can. Thank you,” She hangs up and grabs her purse, looking at her son and husband.

At the doctor’s office, Chorong sits her son on her lap, feeling his forehead once again. Joonmyun nods as he speaks to the doctor, receiving a prescription on an antibiotic. He shakes the doctor’s hand and stands up, “Thank you.” Chorong stands up as well and bows her head as she carries a sleeping Jaewan in her arms.

A few hours later, the family returns home and lays Jaewan on the bed. Joonmyun walks inside with a bowl of ice water with a rag dipped inside. Chorong nods and grabs the rag, squeezing out the excess water before placing it gently on Jaewan’s head.

The child’s eyes open as he looks at both of his parents, “Umma, appa, when will I feel better?” Chorong smiles lightly and his forehead tenderly, “You’ll feel better soon. Don’t worry.”

Joonmyun smiles and leans on his side on the door frame, “You’re a strong boy, Jaewan.” Jaewan looks at his father and nods happily despite his ill state, “I am!”

During the afternoon, Joonmyun and Chorong sit down on the couch, their bodies close as they let nature fill the sounds. “Hopefully Jaewan feels better,” Chorong murmurs as she lays her head on his shoulder, her legs bent at an angle to lay on the couch comfortable. The male nods as his arm is around her shoulders, his hand squeezing her shoulder gently, “I hope so too. But he’s part of the Kim Family. He’s a strong and healthy boy.”

She smiles lightly and loosely drapes her arm over his middle, closing her eyes, “The Kim Family will thrive and go over any obstacles.”

Joonmyun laughs and soon closes his eyes soon afterwards, that same hand slowly reaching up to play with her hair. “Maybe the Kim Family will expand soon?” He murmurs as he feels Chorong stir from his grasp. “Hey,” Chorong crosses her arms and stares at him, “You said you wouldn’t talk about it until Jaewan enters school.” The male grins and ruffles her hair, pecking her lips gently, “But I’ve been thinking about it.”

Chorong doesn’t move as she hums softly, “Well, you’re just going to have to wait.” She stands up as a small little smirk tugs at the end of her lips, walking towards the kitchen.

“Yah, Chorong! I’ll wait, I’ll wait!” Joonmyun stands up and trails behind his wife, his arms wrapping around her waist tightly. She smiles lightly and pats his hands, “Good.”