✏ two: I'm Doctor Jongin! [ Kaieun / Rhodes ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: I'm Doctor Jongin!
Pairing: Kim Jongin (Kai) & Son Naeun [ Kaieun / Rhodes (Official Kaieun fanclub name) ]
Written: September, 2012
Words: 1,114

☁☁☁

 

"It'll be the best date ever! I promise!" Jongin excitingly cheers over the phone while lying down in bed. His wide smile brightens up the room as he looks at the blank ceiling. 

"It's a promise, Kim Jongin," A sweet soft voice replies over the other line, Jongin's smile growing even wider, if that's even possible. It's been almost a year since Jongin's heart was stolen and where he has captured a heart as well. He fell for her doll-like appearance; however, as he got to know more about her, he soon fell for her dorky, but shy personality. 

Jongin nods and glances at the screen on his phone, sighing softly, "It's getting really late, Naeunnie. Get some rest so tomorrow night we can eat delicious food!" Yes, Son Naeun is her name. The name that would always pop up in any male's conversation. She's one of the prettiest girls out there at where they attend school and people would say that Jongin is lucky. 

With a sigh, Naeun closes her drawing book in her bedroom, holding the phone as she glides towards her bed. "Fine. You need to get some rest too then! You haven't been sleeping a lot lately and it worries me." Pouting slightly, she listens to a light laugh enter from the other line. "Alright alright! We'll sleep now then," Jongin replies, pausing shortly as he continues, "I can't wait to see you tomorrow Naeun. Sleep well, alright? Have a nice dream. Good night Naeunnie."

"Good night Jongin~"

As the next day arrives, the alarm that's settled on the bedside of Naeun's room rings in a high-pitched manner. The groggy female rolls around in bed slightly as she feels the heat surround herself. "Ugh...why is it so hot?" Naeun murmurs, glancing at the clock. Rubbing her eyes she sits up, feeling something stiff and itchy in . She scratches the back of her neck, blinking constantly a few times before noticing a dizzy vision. "Oh my gosh...no," She stands up and tries walking towards the bathroom, her balance being unstable. 

"Jongin-ah," Naeun mutters on the phone, pouting as she lays down in bed. "What's wrong?" Jongin replies as he sits down on his spinning chair by his desk in his room, looking outside the window. "I'm sick," She sighs, sniffling as her nose is plugged. 

Jongin's eyes widen a little, resting his elbow on the desk, "so does that mean...we have to change our date?" His voice grows softer as he finishes off, his heart slightly sinking at the words. A few bad coughs comes from Naeun as she sighs, "I'm really sorry Jongin. I've been looking forward to this too and I hate how I'm sick on this day."

"Don't say that," He beams while scrunching his nose as an idea pops in his head. "Just stay in bed tonight, alright?" He instructs, standing up as he glances at the time. "Okay. Thank you so much. After I feel better, we must go to that restaurant!"

As the hours pass by, Naeun lays down in bed in the young night, her breathing heavy from her plugged nose and itchy throat. Closing her eyes, she imagines the dinner date if she wasn't sick. A nice aura, slow melodious piano music, and delicious entrees would be one of the highlights of the night. Yet, she can imagine Jongin's endless smiles, laughs, and gentlemanly attitude would steal the show.

Her fantasy is soon interrupted when she hears someone clear their throat. "Hello Miss. Son Naeun. It seems like you're sick today," A delicate manly voice enters with a small smirk appearing on his face, "Doctor Kim Jongin is here to help heal you tonight." Naeun's eyes averts to his attention, a shy smile immediately popping up on her face, "ah, hello doctor Jongin. Please take care of me well."

"Of course," Jongin smiles, bowing slightly as he walks backwards to grab a small table with the food contents laying on top. "Tonight's dinner is chicken noodle soup!" He announces as he carefully walks towards Naeun, who is now sitting upright. Placing the table in front of her, Jongin takes the spinning chair and making his way towards her. "I'll feed you," He sweetly continues, taking the spoon and blowing on the hot soup. 

Naeun looks at him, her heart beating unusually again and butterflies slowly forming. "Why are you always so sweet to me?" She whispers out of the blue, seeing the spoon go closer to . Drinking the soup, she looks at her boyfriend. "Well, we are boyfriend and girlfriend, aren't we?" He chuckles and continues feeding her, "I should be taking care of you!"

The meal was filled with laughter, but mostly coughs and sneezes from Naeun. Putting the table away, Jongin places his hand on his girlfriend's forehead, a low sigh escaping his lips. "You need rest...jagiya," He looks at her and pats Naeun's head, her hair. Nodding, Naeun lays back slowly to lean her back against the pillows, glancing at Jongin, "I don't want to go to sleep yet though."

A tender smile appears on his face, Jongin slowly sitting beside her, "You need it though. You have to get better soon!" His strong arms wrap gently around Naeun's petite waist, his chin pressing against her shoulder to innocently look at her. "If you want to go on that date later on, your health must come first," He advises, kissing her cheek softly. A light shade of pink starts to glow on her cheeks, Naeun turning her face to meet eyes with him. 

"Are you sure you want to rest like this though? I don't want you to catch my cold too," She replies, slowly laying her hand on his locked fingers that are around her waist. "I won't mind it. I'm a strong boy!" Jongin replies proudly, putting on a manly smile. Chuckling softly, Naeun slowly starts to sink into a laying position with Jongin doing the same. Turning her body, she faces him, covering her face as she coughs loudly. 

Sighing softly, Jongin moves her hands away from her face, "Sleep well, alright?" He puts an arm under her head so he can wrap his arm around her shoulder, scooting closer to her so Naeun's face can meet his chest. "Good night doctor Jongin. Thank you for taking care of me." She smiles and scoots herself upwards to kiss his nose shyly. Dragging herself down to meet his chest, Naeun curls up into a little ball with her head laying on his chest. 

"Sweet dreams, my love," He murmurs tenderly, kissing the top of her head before drifting off to sleep minutes after.