✏ sixty-two: My Angel [ Kriseun ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: My Angel
Pairing: Wu Yifan (Kris) & Son Naeun [ Kriseun ] + small cameo of two exo members
Written: August 30-September 1, 2013
Words: 2,083
Requested by: Loving-Maknaes
Warning: Character Death + pure bittersweet
Author's Note: Oh my gosh, you guys. Don't hate me after reading this one shot ;~; I swear, I think this is the most bittersweet one shot I have ever written. This is probably some light angst too ;_; Anyways, I hope you're all doing well. ^^ I surpassed 10,000 views! Thank you so very much. <3 I appreciate all of you supporting this. ^^

The tall blonde male’s heavy footsteps dragged towards the stairs of the hospital. His white coat was a sign of pride and authority in the hospital, his name tag, Wu Yifan, proudly showing. He let out a deep sigh as he clicked the door close behind him. His strong back leaned against the door as he closed his eyes, the memories of his previous surgery roaming through his head.

He took off his cap and crumpled the material in his hands tightly, trying to contain his anger of another life being lost today. Yifan has been working the clock for the past two days, constantly trying to save many of lives. He keeps his professionalism intact and true emotions hidden in himself. When a life is lost, he always reassured the patient’s family that the person will be in a safe place now. However, saying those phrases makes his heart wrench and cry in pain.

Yifan brought his right wrist up and glanced at his watch, turning back around to enter the floor again. He thought the quick breather would help him to continue his work; however, as he closed the door behind him he watched his fellow co-workers stride quickly past him. He heard soft sobs, pleads, and explanations from all corners of the room. His eyes traveled left and right, his vision getting blurry. Whatever he heard was slowly dissipating as he felt everything close in on him. He tried to take a step but everything around him was moving in random directions.

A hand is brought up to cradle his now light-head, not wanting to do anything but close his eyes. “Doctor Wu,” A nurse called out desperately as she stopped in her tracks, observing his wobbly state. “Doctor Wu!” She cried as she watched the man attempt to make a step and in result, his body leaning backwards. She ran towards him and just in time, she kneeled down to cradle his head on her lap.

“Doctor Kim, can you help me?” She asked as she found the closest worker. The doctor’s eyes widened he held his spectacles that were resting on his head. “Yeah,” He kneeled down and helped the nurse get Yifan up. With their arms around the unresponsive man’s torso and shoulder, they bring him to the nearest vacant room.

-

Why did I even become a doctor in the first place?

“You don’t remember?” A sweet angelic voice echoed in his ear as Yifan’s eyes opened widely. He found himself on clean white bed sheets, a low sunlight peering through the huge window. His eyes traveled to his right, finding a girl in a white dress sitting on a light blue chair. “No way…” He murmured to himself as he gulped down the lump in his now dry throat. Could his eyes be deceiving him? The person he missed so much is finally here?

“Naeun,” He managed to say as he stared longingly at the female. “Hey, Yifan,” She greeted as the corner of her eyes creased, her smile bright. “Naeun,” He repeated as he sat up, grabbing her hand tightly. He couldn’t believe it. Her hand is still soft as before. Everything felt right once again as he yearned for her touch.

A small giggle escaped her light pink lips, Naeun looking at him sweetly as she pulled her hand away gently. “Can you answer my question? Do you remember why you became a doctor?” Yifan pondered about the question, trying to get the answer off the tip of his tongue. “Honestly, no,” He whispered lowly as he furrowed his eyebrows. All he could remember is sticking his nose in various amounts of books throughout college and medical school. The constant years of remembering types of diseases, medical vocabulary, and hands-on practices were all glued to his brain.

“Let’s go trace our steps back,” Naeun suggested as she stood up, holding her hand out to him. He stared at her hand and stared at her, the sun rays hitting against her fair complexion. “C’mon, let’s go!” She insisted as Yifan moved himself to plant his feet on the ground. He reached out for her hand once more before getting himself up.

With the blink of his eye, he felt the gust of winds hitting against his bare arms and face. Trees swayed to the right with the dark gray clouds above them. The swings were moving due to the high gusts, the chains squeaking. Naeun pressed her side against his and took a deep breath, trying to contain the cold. “This is familiar,” He whispered to himself as he looked around, seeing a familiar young female curling up into a ball onto the bench.

“Isn’t that—you?” He asked slowly as he brought them closer to the teenager. A warm smile emitted on her lips despite shivering, glad that he remembered. Just as Kris was going to bring a hand to her cheek, he heard heavy footsteps against the cement.

“What the…” A deep similar voice traveled to his ear. Yifan’s head snapped up and his eyes widened, his chest heaving up. “Wait, no way,” Yifan said in disbelief, his arm wrapped around Naeun’s shoulder. “Naeun, that can’t be us in real life right now, right?” He said flabbergasted, his grasp around her growing tighter.

Naeun laughs softly and looks up at him, rubbing his back gently, “Just keep watching.” The younger version of Yifan bent down slightly, observing the pale facial features of the younger Naeun.

Her black wavy hair rested in front of her sleeping face, her body shaking as her arms were crossed, nails digging into her flesh. The younger Yifan scooped her fragile body into his arms, holding her tightly against his chest. The winds grew stronger and the man hastened his pace.

“Naeun, what is happening?” The current Yifan asked nervously as he looked down at her. “I’m bringing back the moments to why you wanted to become a doctor,” She replied soothingly as she patted his back to signal him. “Let’s follow them,” She suggested as they started following.

“But, how are we back in time?” He asked with a confused tone, his eyebrows scrunching. “You’ll know at the end,” She casually responded as they traveled through their silent walk.

Soon, the younger Yifan headed up to his house. His parents weren’t home at that time since they were at a company dinner. He tried to turn on the lights with his fingers and as he did, he walked towards his bedroom, settling the younger Naeun on his bed. He placed the back of his hand on her forehead and hissed softly. He pulled the covers over her and patted the blankets softly, “Sleep well…”

He exited the room as the current Yifan and Naeun stared at the bed. “You know how thankful I was? If you didn’t find me, I probably wouldn’t have been healthy as I am now,” Naeun whispered as she stared at her young self.

“I blame your ex-boyfriend,” Yifan muttered as the memories slowly come back to him. “What’s his name? Kim Jongin…” He grits his teeth and growls quietly, “He still has to pay for hurting you.” Naeun laughed softly and stared up at him, “You have to thank him too though. We wouldn’t have been together if Jongin and I never had problems.” A small pause was kept in between. “Let’s try another time…” Naeun smiled lightly and with the other blink of an eye, the sound of children screaming and laughed echoed.

Yifan raised an eyebrow as children ran around the playground. His eyes traveled downwards and took a deep breath, his lips hiding. “It’s okay, Yifan,” Naeun breathed as she felt him interlace his fingers through hers. “Sehun, be careful!” A teacher came outside from her room as she watched a student fall off from the high monkey bars. The small male fell to the ground, scraping his knee. “Ow! Miss. Naeun! My knee hurts!” He cried in pain as he curled into the fetal position, hugging his knee.

“Oh my gosh,” A slightly grown-up version of Naeun ran towards the student, seeing the blood run down his knee. Soon, a tall male rushed through the crowds of students. “Naeun, I was here to pick you up. What happened?” He questioned as he kneeled down as well, seeing a student bleeding. “Let’s get to the nurse’s room and get you fixed up, okay?” He said as he carried the skinny child, striding towards the room.

“That’s—me?” Yifan blinked and looked down, “I remember now…” Naeun looked up at him and tilted her head to the side, “The reason?”

He nodded and his dry lips, replying softly, “I became a doctor ever since I saved you. Ever since I helped people recover from the simplest injuries. I became a doctor to change people’s lives and to try my best to save those in need.”

“That’s right,” Naeun’s warm smiled appeared as she squeezed his hand, “Now, let’s go back to the hospi—‘”

“Wait, I have one request…Can we go back to our happiest day of our lives?” Yifan requested as he turned to face her, grabbing both of her hands. Naeun took a deep breath and nodded slowly.

Silence filled the room, the two of them standing beside their past selves. “You may now kiss bride,” The pastor announced as the groom Yifan lifted the veil from his now wife. He stared at her lovingly before cupping her cheek, leaning in to kiss her ever so gently.

The current Yifan stared at them and grinned warmly, turning his attention to the current Naeun. “Alright, we can go back now,” He inhales deeply and as soon as he knows it, Yifan is lying down on his hospital bed. “Yifan, I don’t know when we’ll be able to meet again,” Naeun started as she stood by his bed, holding his hand tightly. “But I want you to know that I always love you—and Bae as well,” She smiled weakly as tears form at the brim of her eyes.

Yifan’ eyes softened as he squeezed her hand, “I love you too, Naeun…” She leaned down and kissed him softly on his lips. “Go to sleep now, okay?” She whispered as a tear dropped down, landing on his cheek.

-

“Yifan, wake up!” A frantic voice shouted as Yifan’s eyes opened widely. He breathed harshly and sat up hurriedly, “Naeun! Where is she?!” He stared at his friend, Kim Joonmyun, a fellow doctor who helped him when he fainted. Joonmyun gulped and placed his hand on his shoulder, “Yifan…Were you dreaming of her?”

Yifan paused and closed his eyes tightly, running his hand through his hair. “Damn…” He sighed softly and dropped back down on his bed. “I know it was hard for you for the five years, but you’re one of the strongest people I know,” Joonmyun tried to encourage.

“Just think that Bae is a representation of Naeun,” Joonmyun whispered as he paused. “Naeun…” He looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes, “Why’d you have to leave me?” Naeun passed away after giving birth to their first child, Bae. He couldn’t believe it when that moment happened. He kissed her three minutes before she passed away. It was such a happy, enjoying kiss.

“Daddy…?” A small voice nervously talked as Yifan opened his eyes, eyeing the little boy standing by the door. He wasn’t regretful of having Bae at all. They both gave a new life and now that he thinks about it—Joonmyun was right. “Bae, come here,” He opened his arms and the little boy immediately ran towards the bed. He jumped up and hugged his father tightly, “Daddy, are you okay?”

Yifan laughed quietly and squeezed him tight, “I am. Don’t worry.” Bae looked at him worriedly and blinked innocently at him, “I’ll be Doctor Bae for you! I will heal you, daddy!” Yifan stared at him softly before cupping both of his cheeks, “You’re already healing me, Bae.”

He couldn’t help but let out a huge smile, tears forming in his eyes. Everything Bae was doing, reminded him of Naeun. He looked up at the ceiling one last time.

My angel Naeun. Do you see Bae right now? He’s thriving as a five year old. He might be taking my step, huh? I miss you so much…but I’ll stay strong for you, okay? Thank you for vising me, Naeun. I love you.