✏ twenty-nine: Marriage [ Baekji ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Marriage | Continuation from Eternity (Baekmi one shot)
Pairing: Byun Baekhyun & Jung Eunji [ Baekji ]
Written: March 21, 2013
Words: 1,324
Requested by: kpoplove95
Author's Note: Here's the continuation from Eternity! ^^ Hopefully that clears up the confusion! There will be a continuation talking about Eunji's love life! Can you guess who it is? ouo Anyways, I hope you enjoy it! ^^

I can remember everything about her: the way she spoke, walked, thought, everything. Lots of people have been ganging up on me asking why I left her. I had to tell them the same excuse: “Things came up.” It was the truth though, something did come up.

While Bomi and I were dating, my parents have been against us from the very beginning. They didn’t like the fact that we were always with each other and that Bomi was still in high school while I was already out of high school. It’s love though and it seems like my parents doesn’t understand that anymore.

“Baekhyun, your mother made a promise with our family friend,” My father stated as we sat down at the dinner table, “Her daughter is still single, but I think we might change that.” I felt my stomach churning as I placed my fork down, glancing at them, “You can’t be serious. You know I’m going out with Bomi.”

My mother gently held my hand; a small sigh escaped her lips, “Baekhyun dear, this is essential for both you and us. Their daughter is such a sweetheart and I’m sure she’s much more qualified than Bomi. Besides, we already got you two a home on Jeju Island.”

I could feel the blood broiling in my veins and I immediately stood up, “No, I can’t accept this!” My father stood up soon afterwards, his voice rising in authority, “Baekhyun, you will marry their daughter and that is final.”

I have dreaded every day and when I had to break up with Bomi, I felt my soul leaving my body in an instant. It pained me to see her cry and that smile disappearing into a heartbreaking frown. I never wanted to leave her…never.

Now, here I am, in Jeju Island, one year after Bomi and I broke up. I eventually got married to our family friend’s daughter, but it’s been a weird chemistry between us.

“Yah, why aren’t you eating?” She catches my attention by waving her hand in front of my face. It was too early in the morning and I didn’t want to wake up at all. My eyes groggily blink at her, seeing how she was so refreshed. Her long black hair with straight bangs stood out, along with her prominent features. “Because I’m tired?” I whisper as I grab my fork, lazily poking the fried rice in front of me.

“Well you need it to wake up!” She claps her hands, making me jump. Letting out a groan, I take a bite out of the fried rice, “Eunji—how can you be so awake at this time? It’s not even seven.”

Eunji crosses her arms and sighs, “It’s because I actually work in the morning. I’m a journalist so I work around the clock!” I have to admit, she does look cute, especially when she looks determined. After exchanging a few morning talks, she finally stands up and walks towards the door to retrieve her materials, “I’m heading off to work.”

Wiping my mouth, I quickly walk towards her and open the door, “Have fun.” Eunji nods without a smile and heads off, her head hanging down slightly. Do I even have feelings for Eunji? Sadly, no. Does she have feelings for me? Nope.

When we tied the knot, we definitely had no chemistry whatsoever. Her eyes and smile may have looked happy, but when we were officially husband and wife, it had a much deeper feeling than just happiness. Eunji is a woman who deserves someone who only loves her and only has his eyes on her. I have my eyes on Bomi.

Both of our parents didn’t care about our love life, but now that I think about it, I don’t know about Eunji’s love life. Watching her walk off, it made me curious about her and her life. Did she happily live her life until this happened or did something else happen?

Closing the door slowly, I look around the house, It was definitely a dream house for any couple since it had a lot of room and it was really neat. I decided to start on some house chores by washing and folding clothes.

About half an hour later, I place the dry clothes in the basket and head back to our bedroom. This was really boring, to be honest. Folding Eunji’s clothes, I walk towards her drawer and open the top one, placing the clothes neatly. Getting towards the middle drawer, I see some clothes unfolded, but as I grab one of the shirts, something silver plops onto the drawer. Placing the clothes gently on the floor, I carefully grab the object and place it on my palm.

My eyes widen as I spectate the object. It was a silver ring with a something small engraved: PC & JE.

No way…So she did have a love life. Putting the ring in my pocket, I quickly fold the rest of the clothes, walking towards the couch in the living room. Eunji should be home in a few hours, so this would probably be a good time to rest.

“Baekhyun?” That familiar sweet voice echoes. “Baekhyun, just know that I still love you, alright?” She smiles lightly as she cups my cheek.

“Bomi?” I mutter as I try to look at her, but her face is vague as light is shining brightly.

“Bomi!” I exclaim as I sit up, being welcomed by Eunji’s face, which is inches apart from mines. Breathing harshly, I glance at her. Her features were shocked, but gentle. “Bomi?” Eunji questions as I sit up, shifting around on the couch.

Eunji slowly takes a seat next to me, pursing her lips, “Is Bomi—your girlfriend?”

“Used to,” I murmur as I slowly place my hand in my pocket, taking out the ring, “I found this in the drawer while I was folding the clothes. Did you have a boyfriend?” She immediately snatches the ring from me and holds it tightly, her eyes averting to the ground, “I was engaged, but then he had to leave for the military. We promised to get married after he gets out, but then my parents told me about this marriage and I couldn’t do anything.”

Her story was much more heartbreaking than mines. They have love truer than any type of love, but our cruel parents had to separate both of us from our soul mates. “I’m sorry, Eunji,” I whisper as I hold both of my hands together, looking at my fingers.

“No, that’s okay. It’s none of our faults,” Eunji sighs softly and glances at me, “The thing is—once he comes back and receives that letter, I’m afraid he’ll never want to talk to me ever again.” My head snaps up as I can hear the hint of dejection. Yes, I don’t have feelings for Eunji, but when someone needs comfort, you can’t help but feel connected to them.

Both of my arms wrap around her shoulders, pulling her into a deep embrace. With one of my hands lying on the back of her head, I reply back softly, “I understand, Eunji. But please, if he really loves you, then he won’t stop talking to you. He would want to fight for you.”

Eunji pulls away slowly as I can see tears starting to form in her eyes, “I hope so. I just didn’t want anything to happen like this. But Baekhyun, why aren’t you fighting for Bomi?” Nibbling on my bottom lip, I let out a defeated puff of air, “I want to. I really want Bomi back, but my parents would kill me if they think I’m leaving you for her. They’re so persistent.”

A small giggle echoes as she shakes her head, “I got an idea then.”

Eunji may be my wife, but she’s becoming more like a best friend or sister to me. Bomi, I still love you.