✏ sixty: Break Away [ HanMiHwan (exopinkisland) ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Break Away
Characters: Luhan, Yoon Bomi, Choi Minhwan [ HanMiHwan ; exopinkisland ]
Written: August 16, 2013
Words: 1,847
Requested by: ara2712
Author's Note: Hey everyone! I'm sorry for the late update ;_; School started last week and it's already stressful ;_; So I treally tried to give at least a good quality piece of one shot. I hope you guys like it! ^^ 

P.S. Happy belated birthday to Bomi and happy future birthday to Eunji <3 

The caterpillar made its way slowly across the leaf.

Basked in the sun, the caterpillar enjoyed its time.

Light brown hair, petite face, and an inviting smile graced Yoon Bomi’s features as she strolled through her neighborhood. The sun shined dimly on her figure as her earphones were plugged in her ears to block out the world. Here and there, she popped out some moves, her head bobbing to the music.

Her eyes were closed gently as she hummed out the tune with her jacket swaying slowly as the material wrapped around her waist. Her phone was held tightly in her hand as she was lost in time. However, a pair of hands lay on top of her eyes and it immediately alerted the female. She turned around and was about to clench her hands into fists, but her chest heaved down in relief as she saw the figure. “Luhan, you got to stop scaring me,” She breathed as she took out one earplug, her eyes fixed on her friend.

The male laughed and winked playfully, “You have to stop dancing around. You know Minhwan wouldn’t want you to dance freely like that. Men could easily abduct you.” The corner of his lips tugged upwards, showing a half-smile. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest, “Exhibit A, Luhan.”

“Hey! I’m your best friend! That doesn’t count,” He protested as he let out a sigh. “Anyways, shouldn’t you be getting to Minhwan anyways? He’ll probably get worried,” He continued as he started to walk, trying to get to his own home. Bomi followed beside him, hiding her lips shyly, “I should, huh?”

Silence filled the air as her eyes moved to the moving pavements and grass. The chilly wind blew against her figure, her hair flowing in that direction. “Luhan, when you were in a relationship—‘” She paused and shook her head, “Nevermind.”

Luhan raised an eyebrow and stuffed his hands in his pockets, his eyes blankly looking at the ground. Bomi never brought up Luhan’s past relationship unless she had a question about her own. Bomi can be easy to read, but at the same time—she’s complex like any other girl.

He decided to keep that thought in the back of his mind, but he knew something was fishy. Bomi saw the view of her boyfriend’s apartment and smiled lightly, “Bye, Luhan. I’ll see you later.” She strolled to the house and opened the door, finding her boyfriend sitting on the couch while watching television.

“Bomi, you’re back,” He grinned and stood up, his arms out wide. She cracked a small smile and walked inside, closing the door behind her. “I’m back,” She whispered as she walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his middle. He closed his eyes and encircled his arms around her shoulders, “I missed you…”

She rested her cheek against his chest and inhaled softly, nodding slowly without saying a word.

The caterpillar traveled lethargically.

From a person’s view, it looked content.

In its mind, it was trapped with four glass walls.

“Are you tired?” Bomi’s boyfriend asked as they sat down on the couch one night. The blanket messily lay on top of them as they watched a horror movie. She was never scared of them, heck, she enjoyed them. She shook her head and kept quiet, her head rested on top of his broad shoulder.

Minhwan smiled warmly as his arm was wrapped around her shoulders, squeezing her shoulder gently. He loved her so much. He remembered spending each and every second with her. From their first month until now, their third month together he remembered everything.

Their love escalated quickly in his view, but Bomi thought differently. Did she really love this person? She only remembered locking lips with him after a drunken party. After that, everything just scrambled into place. She does admit having loving memories with him, but her heart didn’t seem to connect with his.

Big eyes stared at the moving creature.

The caterpillar crawled away from the human.

The body moved upwards towards a branch, transfixed by the outside world.

“What’s up, Bomi?” Luhan asked as he walked through his kitchen, rummaging through the fridge for food while his phone was snuggled between his shoulder and ear. “Can I come over?” Her voice was timid and soft, something rare for him to hear from the active friend.

He raised an eyebrow and took out an apple, standing up straight as he holds his phone with his free hand, “Sure thing. Not going to Minhwan’s today?”

“Um, not really,” She beamed as she lets out a small breath, “I’ll be there in a few. Bye.” She hung up and Luhan removed the phone from his ear, staring at the screen. He thought back from last week, remembering how Bomi brought up his past relationship. “Maybe that’s it…” He murmured to himself before hearing the doorbell ring. He walked over and opened the door, revealing Bomi who’s standing quite sluggishly.

After a few comfortable minutes, the two sat next to each other side by side on the couch. She faced the male with her legs folded, her hands rested on her legs. The male sat with his body faced to her, his upper arm rested on top of the back of the couch, his head cradled on his hand. “Luhan,” She called out quietly and looked down at her hands, continuing on, “Why did you and your ex-girlfriend break up?”

He stretched his free arm out to lie on top of his knee, fixing his pants. “Well, we felt like we had nothing in common anymore. It was like our love was a lie,” He exhaled through his nose, thinking back to the times with his ex-girlfriend. “I broke up with her and it was the hardest thing to do,” He muttered under his breath while letting out a dissatisfied sigh.

“How did you—break up with her?” She curiously asked as she played with her hands, moving her leg up and down gently in anticipation. “I gently broke it to her face to face,” He beamed as he noticed her little actions, knitting his eyebrows.

“Bomi, why are you asking these questions?” He questioned her instead and removed his arm from his head and couch. “Are you hiding something?” He continued to question her, making Bomi bite her bottom lip. “Is this about Minhwan?” His last question pierced through her mind.

The caterpillar rested on the branch.

Morning mist appeared and the person came back.

A surprise came in store.

It was a cocoon.

Luhan lied down on his back on the bed, staring at the blank ceiling. He was utterly shocked from his conversation with Bomi a few days ago.  Bomi…Stay strong. He closed his eyes and yawned quietly, letting the rainy night be his music.

Bomi sat down by the windowsill of her own home, the rain pebbles sliding down slowly, pretending the drops were in a race. She brought her knees up to be aligned to her chest, her forearms resting on both knees with her head rested on top.

Time ticked by slowly.

Tick tock. Tick tock. The human stared.

Crack. The cocoon separated.

Bomi dreadfully walked to Minhwan’s house, her heart palpitating. She never thought of breaking up with someone—especially someone so sweet and admirable. However, this was the right thing to do. She was blinded by the affection of love through three months. She never took account for her real feelings or how her heart felt.

Each step she took gave even more impact of her heavy fragile heart. She walked towards the stairs and knocked on the door timidly. The door opened to a bright smiled Minhwan. He immediately wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her off the ground, “Bomi! You’re here!”

She let out a weak smile and nodded slowly, “Minhwan, can we talk?” Her weary voice caught his attention and he gradually placed her down on her own two feet. “What is it?” He questioned as he stared at her worryingly.

“Do you remember how we got together?” She asked as the male blinked. “After Jonghun’s party we kissed and—‘” He was about to explain, but Bomi shook her head to signal him to stop. “We were drunk, remember?” She whispered and hung her down slowly, “These three months—were definitely amazing, but Minhwan—‘”

His eyes widened as he grabbed her hand softly, sadness slowly taking over his dark brown pupils, “Bomi—please—‘”

She hesitantly pulled her hand back and stuffed her hands in her pants pockets, “Minhwan, if you love me—you’ll let me go…You deserve someone who loves you whole-heartedly. I mean, I do like you—but I feel like I don’t like you in the way we are now.” She hid her lips as tears started to form, taking a deep breath.

Minhwan left his hand out and gulped, soon rubbing the back of his neck. “I understand…” He muttered under his breath and stepped back. “We can at least be friends, right?” She asked nervously, but he lifted his shoulders up and down. “I don’t know…I’ll, um, see you later, Bomi,” He closed the door gently and turned around, his back leaning against the hard cold surface.

Bomi stood there for a few more seconds before she turned around and slowly walked away. Her feet traveled without thought, her head jumbled with many thoughts. She regretted it, but she knew it was the right thing.

A beautiful butterfly broke away from its cocoon.

It flew around the four walls, trying to escape.

The human looked at the butterfly and noticed the struggle.

With the lid lifted, the butterfly finally dances away.

It flew around the human as a sign of gratitude,

And now, the butterfly disappeared from the human’s eyes.

Her head hung down as she continued walking, the tears slowly dripping out of her eyes. She was disheartened, but yet, she felt this weird sense of freedom. Suddenly, a pair of familiar hands covered her eyes. She didn’t budge to turn around and the hands were lifted from her eyes.

“Bomi,” The voice breathes as the person stands in front of her now, immediately taking her in the embrace. Her tears finally streamed down her cheeks, her voice loud and cracked. “Luhan, it hurts so much,” She cried as she gripped onto his shirt, her forehead leaning on his chest.

“I know,” He whispered as he rubbed her back soothingly, hugging her even tighter. “I had to do it,” She continued to let her feelings out and Luhan stood there the whole time.

The male closed his eyes and felt her back heave up and down faster. He pulled away and brought a hand up to cup her cheek, “Let’s go back and get you some water.”

As the butterfly flew around freely it meets another.

The two stared at each other before they danced around each other.

Freedom. Transition. Joyous.

Now this butterfly can fly freely with no stress.