✏ forty-six: Best Friend [ KyungJooKwang (exopinkfriend) ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Best Friend
Characters: Do Kyungsoo (D.O), Kim Namjoo, Jo Kwangmin [ exopinkfriend ] | Feat. Lim Hyunsik (BTOB)
Written: June 22-23,2013
Words: 1,541
Requested by: shiningbeasts
Author's Note: I'm here with the third to the last request of the first batch! ^^ I hope you enjoy it! sldkfj Again, thank you for the support <3 I really appreciate everything! Please read the chapter before to see more cheesiness and find out about a possible new apink story? xD -shot-

“A date?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widen into full round circles as he places his book down rather shockingly. He gulps and stares at his best friend who is across from him in the classroom.

It was his complete nightmare and it finally crept upon him.

“Mhm,” She replies as calmly as she can, trying to contain her excitement. “Kwangmin asked me out on a date this Saturday! He said it’ll be a surprise,” She continues to ramble on about the date, a tint of pink creeping upon her cheeks.

Something was burning inside Kyungsoo. It was like a flame just started and he feels suffocated. He wanted to explode like a volcano, but he wanted to stay calm just like the glistening lake. He closes his eyes and holds the bridge of his nose, taking a deep breath, “Just please stay safe, Namjoo.”

Namjoo pauses with her talk and looks at him, her smile slowly disappearing, “I will. Don’t worry.” She bites on her bottom lip and looks at the ground for a few seconds. So—does he only look at me as a little sister? He’s graduating this year and I just entered high school. Maybe—this is all we’ll stay at?

-

“Are you ready for our date?” Kwangmin asks as he walks beside the short-haired girl. His handsome good looks and his slender, but toned body definitely catches attention to many girls. Kyungsoo on the other—he was handsome and was definitely cute. Namjoo nods and smiles brightly, glancing up at him, “I am. Can I have a hint on where we’re going?”

He shakes his head and places an index finger on his lips, “Nope. It’s a secret!” Namjoo purses her lips and hums quietly, “Ah, that’s not fair!” Kwangmin chuckles and pats her head, “Don’t worry. You’ll find out soon.”

At Lotte World, Kyungsoo eats cotton candy while walking around with his older friend, Lim Hyunsik. Hyunsik walks around with his hands in his pockets, “Why are all the cute girls taken?! Aish…” He shrugs and looks around, his eyes traveling in all directions.

Kyungsoo shakes his head and murmurs, “That’s our usual Hyunsik…” Hyunsik raises an eyebrow and nudges the younger one, “And our usual squishy Kyungsoo keeping his eye on one girl, huh? Namjoo, right? How are you two going?”

The younger one grabs a huge piece of cotton candy and stuffs it in his mouth, muttering lowly. Hyunsik blinks and ruffles his hair, “Not too good?” It’s okay, Kyungsoo. Something good will happen today.

“Uwah, Lotte World!” Namjoo squeaks as she jumps a little to see over some of the tall people. Kwangmin chuckles and wraps an arm around her shoulders, “C’mon, let’s start going on some rides!” Namjoo nods and looks around, “Let’s go on the roller coaster!”

Throughout the afternoon, Kwangmin and Namjoo had smiles plastered on both of their faces. Their hearts were racing, adrenaline pumping, and their eyes full of sparkles. On the other hand, Kyungsoo and Hyunsik has been lounging around, going on some of the rides, but most of all: eating.

Hyunsik grabs out his phone and receives a text from someone. He goes through a few texts of his conversation and sits beside his friend on the table, “I might be going soon, alright?”

Kyungso nods and eats a hot dog, “No problem. I’ll probably leave soon too…”

Namjoo holds onto Kwangmin’s arm as she walks unbalanced, feeling dizzy from their previous rides. “That…was awesome,” She laughs and sighs contently. Kwangmin laughs and nods, holding onto her hand with his free hand, “Yeah. Let’s go grab something to eat!” With his free hand again, he grabs out his phone and glances at the text, grinning.

As they grab their food, they start heading towards a table. “Oh, it’s Hyunsik and Kyungsoo!” Kwangmin points out as the two males who are sitting down glances at them. One of them is smiling happily and waving while the other stares at them wide eyed.

“Hey, oppa-deul!” Namjoo waves as she holds onto her sandwich with another hand. She sits across from Kyungsoo as Kwangmin sits next to her. “Hey,” Kyungsoo whispers as he finishes up his food, wiping his hands on the napkins. “Well, I gotta go. I’ll catch you guys later!” Hyunsik grins as he pats Kyungsoo’s back, walking away.

Great…Hyung left so now I’m a third wheel. Maybe I’ll leave… Kyungsoo thinks as he hides his lips, watching this newly formed couple in front of him.

“Kyungsoo,” Kwangmin starts as he looks at the senior, “I have a question to ask you…” The other blinks and glances at the younger, “What is it?”

Kwangmin his lips and gulps before asking, “How long have you loved Namjoo?” Complete silence fills the air within those three. Namjoo leaves open as she was about to take a bite, her eyes bulging as she looks at her best friend.

However, he had the most frightened expression ever. His face suddenly turned pale, his eyes widened and his pupils dilated. It felt like his brain stopped for a moment until something imaginary kicked me. “W-What are you talking about?” Kyungsoo mutters as he looks away, trying not to keep eye contact.

“You and Namjoo have been best friends for the longest. I’m surprised you two aren’t even going out,” Kwangmin presses as he stares at the other with cold eyes. “You know—if you two don’t have feelings for each other, then I’ll be more than glad to ask Namjoo out to be my girlfriend,” He continues on as he puts an arm around her shoulders.

Kyungsoo’s jaw clenches as he stands up, his hands firmly placed on the table, “I’ve loved her ever since I laid eyes on her!” Namjoo’s eyes widen as she blushes, closing . Kwangmin releases his arm around her and smirks, crossing his arms, “Oh? Why do you love her?”

He takes a deep breath and stares at Kwangmin, “Because she’s one of a kind. You may see her as one of your bait, Mr. Playboy, but I see her as a beautiful angel. She’s bubbly, hyperactive, kind, loving, and most of all—loyal. If you want to be her boyfriend, then go ahead—but just remember, I’m always looking out for her and I’ll live with that pain of being her friend.” Kwangmin grins and stands up, “Well, Namjoo, Kyungsoo, I hope you two have a wonderful relationship.” He bows and walks away, turning his head one last time to glance at them. Namjoo, I honestly do think the same as Kyungsoo; however, he deserves you so much.

“You…” Namjoo hangs her head down and stares at the table, “You always…liked me?” Kyungsoo stays in the same position, nodding as he glances at that empty space. He planned this all along…Didn’t he? I feel bad for calling him a playboy now.

“You—‘” She pauses and closes her eyes, “You made me go through so much pain…” Kyungsoo blinks and stares at Namjoo, confusion hitting him like a tsunami, “What?”

She grits her teeth and tries to hold back her bittersweet tears, “You made me go through months—no—years of a train of thoughts. Years of crying, wondering, hoping—and you’ve kept this all along?! Do you know how much times I tried to give up, but couldn’t because you just make me fall for you more? Tons! And now…you confessed just because someone asked you one simple question.” Kyungsoo slowly makes his way towards his best friend, sitting down beside her and wrapping an arm around her waist gently, “I know—it’s dumb of me to hide all of this. I was just being a coward.” His free hand reaches up towards her chin and lifts it up gently, her eyes opening to reveal her tears that are being held back.

“However, I was always protecting you, Namjoo. I’ve always loved you and it will never change. Didn’t you see it through the way I acted towards you? It may have seem like I treated you like a sibling, but I’ve always had feelings for you. I treated you differently from other girls—I treated you like a princess,” He cups her cheek and rubs gentle circles underneath her eye, “I want to be the guy that will give you endless love and fall for you like if it’s the first time.”

Each word hits her heart like cupid—she was instantly caught by his words. She’s never expected Kyungsoo to say phrases and words that would make her heat beat even faster. She closes her eyes once again and lays her head on his shoulder, letting her tears escape happily, “You are the guy, Kyungsoo. You’ve always been. I was just afraid that all you would only look at me as a sibling—but I guess I was wrong all along.”

Kyungsoo sighs in relief as he tightens his grip around her waist as the other arm goes around her neck, rubbing her back soothingly, “So—am I given that chance? I’m sorry if my confession was forced out…”

Namjoo laughs quietly and nods, “You’re given that chance, oppa. Your confession—it was one of a kind.”

“Just like you.”