✏ twenty-two: I Miss You (Valentine's Day Project) [ Layjoo ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: I Miss You (Valentine's Day Project)
Pairing: Zhang Yixing (Lay) & Kim Namjoo [ Layjoo ] + Slight Namyeol/Sungjoo [ Pinkfinite ]
Written: March 6, 2013
Words: 1,266
Author's Note: Hello! I have four more pairings to write about it and then I can finally get to regular request again ^^ I honestly wanted to make Layjoo's one quite depressing, but I didn't want to be too touchy about the idea I had. Originally, I wanted Lay to have a memory disorder and you know, all that orz But I decided to go fluffy with this one since I didn't want to lose the concept. Maybe I'll write that for a regular one shot xD Anyways, I hope you enjoy it! ^^

 

I miss you. I need you like a person needs oxygen, a moon wanting to shine with the stars, a child wanting their mother. I miss you, Kim Namjoo. The way you say my name so sweetly, hug me like it’s the last time, and the infinite talks we have.

I need you, Kim Namjoo.

“Yixing, guess what?” Her voice whispered with excitement as we talked on the phone, my heart beating with suspicion. “What?” I asked as I sat on my bed, my free hand rested on the sheets.

“Sungyeol asked me out today!” Her once gentle voice turned into a ball of happiness. It took me a while to crack my lips into a small smile, my hands felt weak, “Really? …I’m glad for you, Namjoo.”

She went on to how he asked her out and I swear, I felt myself the sheets in pure anger. She’s always had a crush on him, but I’ve never seen them talk at all. It made me wonder how the two could have really gotten together.

I push that thought to the side though. However, as the time went by, our phone talks and our weekend hangouts dissipated into thin air. She’s been such an impact to me that it kills me to know that she’s not by my side anymore. My best friend—my first love. My unrequited love for her was there for years.

All I’ve wanted to know was if she had feelings, even if it was just the slightest, for me just once. If she told me yes, I’d already be a happy man even if we aren’t going out.

Soon, the day of love in February is nearing. If Namjoo was still single, I would have planned something amazing and confess to her that day. Though, it seems like it’ll be years for that to happen—maybe a lifetime.

Walking around the town, I have my hands stuffed into my pants pocket, glancing at the windows for anything that I find nice. Standing in front of a chocolate store, I glance at the chocolatier who is pouring the liquid into the molds. It sure looked delicious, but I felt a vibration in my pocket. Grabbing out my phone, I answer without looking at the caller ID, “Hello?”

“…Yixing?” A similar voice whispers gently as my eyes widen. “Namjoo, w-why are you calling?” I ask straight forward as a small chuckle espcapes her lips.

“D-Do you want to come over? I really want to talk to you again,” She asks as my eyes widen. Of course, I want to talk to you so much, Namjoo. I want to tell you everything that has happened in those months that we haven’t spoken a single word to each other. I want to tell you how much I like you, but it seems like that won’t happen since you’re still with Sungyeol.

With a gulp I reply with a yes and hang up, walking inside the chocolate store. Buying a box of chocolates, I grab a single rose and take a deep breath. It’s been months and to finally reunite with the girl I only love—I mean, still love, makes my world turn back to its original position.

Everything flies by faster and soon I’m in front of her small apartment. With just this simple knock, I’d be able to see how much she’s changed throughout the months whether good or bad. Milliseconds pass by as the door opens quickly, her big brown eyes looking straight at me.

As soon as I know it, she takes me into a hug by wrapping her arms around my neck. Holding the chocolate box and the rose in one hand, I wrap my arms around her waist tightly. Her warm embrace is finally back and you have no clue how much I wanted that. It was like a parent finally rejoiced with their child who was away from college. I miss her scent and her affection.

“Namjoo…” I whisper as I close my eyes, hugging her tighter as she also returns the tight embrace. “I missed you, Yixing,” She replies as she slowly pulls away from the hug, moving away, “Come inside.”

As I walk inside, a hit of nostalgia enters and I instantly remember all the memories in here. Watching movies, eating food (even if they were burnt), and just being playful with each other.

She sits on the couch and purses her lips, “I’m sorry, oppa. I’ve noticed how I’ve just…isolated myself from you.” Her point was so straight-forward, but I settled myself beside her.

“You don’t have to be sorry, it was your first love,” I reply as I can feel my voice starting to crack. “You’re my best friend, Yixing. I shouldn’t have done that,” She hangs her head down and sighs quietly, “I’ve noticed how much I’ve really missed you soon after a couple of months…”

The dejected voice echoes in my mind as I sigh quietly, placing the rose and the chocolate on the table, “Namjoo…what happened to you and Sungyeol?” I turn my body to face her, searching her eyes for an answer.

“We—broke up about two months ago…” Her voice cracks as she closes her eyes, her bangs covering her eyes. My eyes widen in surprise. She didn’t call me about it and I was just slumping on my couch. I could have comforted her and tell her everything.

With my instincts, I pull her into a tight hug, my hand gently resting on the back of her head to let her head lay on my shoulder, “Why didn’t you tell me about it? I want to help, Namjoo. I want to,” I grit my teeth gently as I take a deep exhale. I can feel her tears soaking through my shirt as her hands clutch onto my shirt, “I didn’t want you to see me like this…”

I quickly pull away and look at the tears rolling down her face, “Namjoo...I want to be here for you and only you. I want to know your problems and help you fix them. No matter what type of situation it is, I want to try my best for you.”

Is this it?

“I’ve always wanted to be by your side,” I finally say as I bite my bottom lip, “I’ve liked you all along, Namjoo. When you went with Sungyeol, I could feel everything falling apart. I tried to pick up all the pieces and try to make myself back to normal, but you know what, I failed. I’ve found out that I was weak and not able to survive without you by my side.” I can feel weight lift off my shoulders as she blinks, wiping her tears. “Is that really true, Yixing?” She asks while fixing my side bangs, a light thin smile spreading across her face.

“I guess all along, the one I really needed was the person right in front of me,” She nods and wraps her arms around my neck, giggling quietly while I can feel drips of tears on my shirt again. This time, I knew they were tears of relief.

I pull away gently again, looking at her, “I know it’s almost Valentine’s Day, but I hope you will accept my chocolate and rose. I’ve wanted to do something special, but it got delayed.” Namjoo glances at the chocolate and the rose, then back at me, “Well, I’d love to see your surprise next year, oppa.”

My best friend turned into a stranger, but soon after that, she turned into my lover.