✏ forty-five: Past Lover [ SuRongLay ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Past Lover | Sequel to Father's Day
Characters: Kim Joonmyun (Suho), Park Chorong, Zhang Yixing (Lay) | + Kim Jaewan, Park Chanyeol, and Hong Yookyung
Written: June 17-18, 2013
Words: 1,323
Requested by: Misseumong
Author's Note: Hello! I decided just to do a light sequel for Surong ouo sobs I hope you guys enjoy it! ^^
Also, I have made an exopink chaptered story featuring the very own maknaes Hayoung, Sehun, and Kai ^^ Feel free to check it out here [ x ]! ^^ Thank you! :D

It’s another average day at the Kim household. Jaewan runs around the house with Lucky chasing after him, huge smiles plastered on both of their faces.

“Jaewan, be careful,” Chorong sings as she cleans the windows, looking out to see the sun shining brightly through the glass. Hm…wouldn’t Joonmyun be home by now? Ah, what should I expect? He’s the president of a company.

The door creaks open and immediately Jaewan and Lucky runs to welcome their father. “Appa!” Jaewan shouts as he jumps into his father’s arms. A distant laugh echoes through the living room and Chorong stops what she’s doing, a pleasing smile stretching.

“I’m home,” Joonmyun calls out as he turns around to find a man standing below the steps. “Appa, who’s that?” Jaewan asks as he looks at the other with wide curious eyes. Chorong slowly walks towards the entrance and she inhales deeply, gulping harshly, “Y-Yixing?”

The unknown male straightens his posture as his mouth slightly hangs open, “Chorong…” Joonmyun and Jaewan blink and looks back and forth at the two. Their eyes and facial expressions are exactly the same as confusion hits both of them.

“You two…know each other?” Joonmyun asks as he glances at the male named Yixing. “Um…” Yixing scratches the back of his head and smiles lightly, “Please don’t fire me—but, Chorong and I used to date.”

Joonmyun was totally dumbfounded. He has heard the relationship Chorong was in and it seemed like a fairytale. He always wondered why they ended, but that question will probably pop up soon.

“Joonmyun?” Chorong whispers as she pats his shoulder gently to grab his attention. Shaking his head, he smiles warmly and looks at Yixing, “Why would I fire you?” He laughs and starts walking inside, “Come inside, please.”

After getting settled in, Yixing politely sits on the couch, watching Lucky who was sitting obediently in front of him. The male holds his hands together and clears his throat, looking at the married couple in the kitchen.

“Why is he here?” Chorong talks as softly as she could as she starts making coffee for her ex-boyfriend. Joonmyun starts grabbing out some cookies from the jar and places them on a plate, “He’s our newest employee and I thought it would be nice to have a warm family aspect for new employees.”

Chorong sighs and pours the freshly brewed coffee in the cup, nodding, “Alright.” She lays her head on the back of his shoulder and closes her eyes, trying to force herself out of any nostalgic thoughts. Joonmyun smiles lightly and turns around, pulling her into a hug, “Don’t worry.”

On the corner of Yixing’s eye, he catches the couple hugging. He couldn’t help but smile lightly in both happiness and slight envy. He was the past lover of Chorong—he had to be happy for her, but at the same time, he was jealous as he was the one that was hugging her as well.

Soon, the three adults start conversing as Jaewan and Lucky play inside his room. “Yixing is our translator since we’re going to be closely working with the companies in China,” Joonmyun starts as he sits across from him on the chair. Chorong stands behind the chair with hands resting on the top of the chair, watching her husband talk.

“Do you think I should learn Chinese?” He asks as Yixing nods slowly, trying his best to keep his eyes only on his boss. “I think it would be best. It’ll take a lot of work, but I’m sure you’ll catch on quick,” Yixing replies as he smiles lightly, showing a dimple.

-

Chorong sits on her bed, flipping her way through a magazine as her husband gets on the other side of the bed. She places her magazine on her lap and purses her lips, “I guess you’re going to ask about Yixing and I, right?” Joonmyun nods and fixes his pillow, looking at his wife, “You guessed right…”

Hesitantly, she looks at her hands and starts, “You know how Yixing and I got together, right? We bumped into each other, love at first sight, and all that. Well, we separated because he had to move back to China. It was for the best because—well—we’d miss each other too much and we could have been separated forever.” She pauses and bites her bottom lip, “If we didn’t separate, we wouldn’t have met, Joonmyun. That moment when Yixing announced we were each other’s ex, I knew you were jealous.”

Joonmyun’s ears starts turning red as he nods slowly, “I see. Even if you two didn’t separate, that wouldn’t stop me from finding you. Fate would have to bring us together at some point.” Chorong smiles warmly and lays her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes, “No matter how long it’ll take, right?”

He nods and lays his lips on the top of her nod, “No matter how long.”

-

“Hen gao xing ren shi ni,” Yixing slowly says as he sits by the dining table across from his boss. Joonmyun scrunches his face and gradually repeats the phrase. The other nods and smiles, “You’re getting better at it. Now you know how to say nice to meet you.”

Jaewan sits beside his father and looks at the foreign papers, trying to say some words on his own. “Ne hao,” He shouts in happiness as Yixing laughs quietly.

Joonmyun ruffles his hair and shakes his head, “You want to learn Chinese, Jaewan?” His child nods with interest, climbing onto his father’s lap, “Ne hao!”

Yixing laughs again and looks at the child, “Try say…ni hao.” Jaewan purses his lips and slowly replies, “Ne—Ni hao.” The other claps and raises a thumb’s up, “Good job!”

Chorong fixes up some dinner as she listens to the conversation, “Yixing, would you like to stay for dinner? Take this as a thank you for teaching Joonmyun.” Yixing blinks and stares at her back, nodding slowly, “Um…sure, if you guys don’t mind of course.”

Just as Joonmyun was about to reply, the front door knocks and Jaewan jumps off his lap, running, “It’s Uncle Chanyeol!” Chorong stops cooking and starts walking towards the door, seeing Jaewan already opening the door to reveal Chanyeol and his wife.

“Yookyung,” Chorong smiles as she hugs her sister-in-law tightly. Yookyung smiles and pulls away from the hug afterwards, “Chorong unnie. We’re here to take Jaewan to Minhee’s birthday party!” Chanyeol picks Jaewan up and smiles brightly, “Jae-Jae! Can you believe your cousin is turning four years old?”  He shakes his head and blinks, “Minhee is younger than me, right?” Chanyeol nods and places him back down and Jaewan is immediately looking straight at his shy cousin who is hugging her mother’s leg.

“Minhee! It’s Jaewanie!” He waves happily and slowly, Minhee unwraps herself from her mother’s leg. “Jaewanie! I’m getting old!” Minhee cries as she hugs her cousin tightly. Jaewan pouts, “But I’m getting older too!”

Chorong laughs quietly and grabs the present that’s sitting by the door, “Sorry Joonmyun and I can’t make it. This is for Minhee though. She’s definitely going to turn into a beauty.” Chanyeol grins and puts an arm around Yookyung’s waist, “Well of course, noona! I look like a handsome knight and Yookyung is the beautiful princess! Nothing can beat us!” Yookyung puffs out her cheeks and playfully slaps his shoulder, “Yah!”

-

“Joonmyun,” Yixing whispers as they’re alone in the kitchen. He takes a deep breath and smiles lightly, “I’m glad you’ve been taking care of Chorong. Chorong really deserves you and I’m glad that you two are able to cherish lots of memories together.” Joonmyun looks up at him and returns the smile, “Yixing. I’m sure you’ll find your soulmate soon. You’ll be meeting lots of people soon while working for the company.”

Yixing laughs and nods, “We’ll see.”

“You’re a good man, Yixing. You’ll definitely see it soon.”