✏ fifty-one: A Future Reminder [ HanMiKai ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: A Future Reminder
Characters: Luhan, Yoon Bomi, Kim Jongin (Kai) [ HanMiKai ]
Written: July 8-10, 2013
Words: 1,541
Requested by: autophobia
Author's Note: I swear, I don't know what I'm writing again OTL However, HanMiKai everyone ^^ and sobs exo and follow up promotions! More possible exopink moments ;_; 7 more requests until the batch is over! O: Hope you enjoy the one shot. ^^ If it doesn't make sense, I'm sorry. OTL I'll reply to comments tomorrow morning. ^^

“I don’t know…” Bomi whispers as she cups her cheeks, glancing at her best friend as they sit in a small apartment, “I’m afraid to go through this again…”

The male laughs as he stirs his spoon in the coffee cup gently, looking at her, “C’mon, you and Jongin have technically been with each other for years.”

She shakes her head as her eyes widen slightly to make her point, “But not together together. Luhan, you have to understand me here! Jongin has had girlfriends before that maybe his standards could have gone through the roof!”

Luhan raises an eyebrow and shakes his head, “Jongin doesn’t have high standards, and trust me, I’m his closest friend!”

Bomi laughs quietly and looks at him, “Still, he may be hiding it!”

“Look, you’re a great person. How can he not like you? You dance well, sing cutely, and your personality is just so bright and uplifting,” He replies as he takes a huge sip out of his coffee, trying to hide that blush slowly creeping up.

A warm smile spreads across her petite face, “Thank you, Luhan. You really have a way with words, you know.” She pats his arm and looks at him, “Any girl would be lucky to have you.”

If only that girl was you then I’d be the lucky one. The thought travels through his mind as he smiles, nodding slowly. “If you really like him, you should confess. Life is about risks,” He continues to encourage her even though the pain stabs through his heart. “So, go ahead and take that risk! Something good might happen in return!”

Bomi blinks at his sudden forwardness. She never seen someone encourage her that much to confess her liking to someone. It was very peculiar in her thoughts, but she let it go as she knows he’s a great and supportive friend. Honestly, Bomi has liked Luhan before—but she instantly knew they were just going to stay as we friends after a year of knowing each other.

“Hyung, you and Bomi look good together,” Sehun confessed as he sipped on his milk carton, staring at the deer-eyed male. Luhan coughed as he tried to eat, looking at him, “Yah, dongsaeng. Don’t just say that out of the blue!”

Bomi stood out in the hallway of the dance studio, accidentally listening to their loud conversation. “But do you like her?” Sehun asked as he took a bite out of his sandwich, continuing to look at him.

“I guess—but—uh—not really in that way,” Luhan muttered as he looked away. Bomi’s eyes widened as she took a deep breath and walked away from the hallway.

However, Bomi didn’t listen enough.

“I guess I will,” Bomi smiles lightly and sighs softly, stretching back in her chair, “Well, tomorrow is going to busy anyway. Lots of practices.” Luhan shrugs and nods, “I know…So much dance numbers. It’ll be fun though.”

The female laughs and stares at him, “For you it will be. I have a couple performance with Jongin.” She blushes lightly and coughs, looking outside the window. Luhan cracks a grin and leans forward to pinch her cheek, “You’ll do just fine.”

-

The next day, practice went by so slowly. The constant dancing went on for hours with the steps echoing, music blasting, and the heavy pants being heard here and there.

Finally, Jongin and Bomi were alone in the dance practice room together. “You did really great, noona!” He grins as he grabs his towel and drapes it around his neck.

“Thanks,” She smiles as she sits down on the bench and cools down, drinking some water. The male sits beside her and lays his head on the wall, “We’re definitely going to do well at the contest!” Bomi nods and takes a deep breath, her thoughts roaming at how to confess. Did she really have to confess? Well, it’s been on her chest for the past months. She had to let it go.

“Jongin,” She whispers as she looks at the ground, the mirrors reflecting them. Jongin looks at her and tilts his head slightly, “Yeah?”

She closes her eyes and plays with the bottle cap, “For the past months, I’ve had this weird feeling.” Jongin blinks and tenses up, looking at her carefully, “What kind of feeling?”

“This weird fluttery feeling in my stomach,” She mutters and takes a quick peek at him, “Jongin, I like you…” He feels flattered, really. However, something was just not right in his stomach and heart. He didn’t know what it was, but something felt off. He did admire Bomi, but not in the way she admired him.

“I’m sorry…” Jongin whispers as he stands up, holding onto his towel, “Noona, I respect and appreciate you a lot.” He runs a hand through his hair and looks at her, “It’s just…” He hangs his head down and takes a deep breath, “I just don’t see you that way…” Silence fills the air in both awkwardness and regret. “Have a good evening, okay?” He cracks through a smile and walks out of the room, passing Luhan without noticing.

Luhan notices something different about Jongin’s mood and he immediately walks inside the room, seeing Bomi with her head hanging down and the water bottle in her hand tightly. “Bomi…” He whispers gently as he closes the door behind him, taking gentle steps towards her.

“I’m fine,” She takes a deep breath and lifts her head up, trying to contain the tears forming in her eyes. “It doesn’t look like it…” Luhan replies as he takes a seat beside her, “Did you confess?”

She nods slowly and hides her lips, “I’ve gone through so much already, and I feel like giving up on love.” It took so many times for Bomi to be crushed after confessing. People were sure that Bomi would have ended up with someone, but whenever she did confess her feelings, a chain of events would turn around.

“I know how you feel. Having to go through many emotions and feeling depressed,” Luhan murmurs as he slowly places his arm around her shoulders and lets her head lay on his shoulder. “But you have never gotten rejected by those who you once had feelings for,” She manages to say as tears start rolling down her cheeks. “I’ve gotten rejected three times in the past years, Luhan. It hurts that the person that makes you happy and loved is the one who hurts you the most. I wasn’t even official with any of them, but it just gives me so much pain.”

Luhan closes his eyes as he hears her cracking voice and feeling her body moving due to the sniffling. He couldn’t take it anymore. The one thing he hated was seeing her cry. He immediately removes his arm and cups her face gently while the other hand cradles the top of her head, letting his hand tangle with her hair. “Bomi, please, don’t cry,” He begs as he stares at her reassuringly, “You are the greatest girl in the world a guy can ask for. You just have to stay strong.”

“I want to, I really want to,” She beams as she looks at him, tears still streaming down her face, “But I can’t help it sometimes. It’s already been too much for me. When I’ve completely moved on from my past memories, the present one kicks in and brings in more pain.”

The male grits through his teeth and lays his forehead on hers, “Bomi, look at me. I’m going to say this once and I don’t care if this slips your mind or not.” He pauses until she fully looks at him, still sniffling. “I’ve always liked you and I still do. I know, I’m a jerk for making you confess to Jongin, but you really liked him. I couldn’t control your feelings.”

Her eyes widen as her cheeks start to tint a deep red, “Luhan—‘”

“I want you to know that in the future I will confess to you—well I did actually—but I will confess to you in a way that you will never forget. Keep that in mind as I’m giving you a future reminder.” He stares at her and he pulls his head away, taking a deep breath.

Sehun glanced at his best friend, placing his milk carton down, “Yeah right. You’re lying. You totally like her, right? Just admit it. It’s all in your eyes.”

Luhan laughed softly as he stared outside the window, “Can you really tell? …Well Sehun, you caught me. Yoon Bomi…is the person I truly like.”

After Bomi went through the constant pain of being rejected, she slowly became happier. She had that thought of Luhan through her mind all the time. Luhan spent more time with her and gave her all his attention. After a year of their growing friendship, Luhan finally confessed to her. It was the same day when Bomi confessed to Jongin. He said, “Do you know why I’m confessing to you the same day you confessed to Jongin a year before? It’s so you can remember this day of me telling you how much I like you rather than you remembering Jongin.”