✏ thirty-two: Be Mine [ WooYooKai / OT3 (exopinkfinite) ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Be Mine | royal!au
Characters: Nam Woohyun, Hong Yookyung, and Kim Jongin [ WooYooKai / OT3 ] exopinkfinite
Written: April 6, 2013
Words: 2,186
Requested by: Misseumong

Inpsired by: Be Mine - Infinite
Author's Note: I'm back! ouo So, I've grown to like the WooYoo couple a long time ago and I thought I could finally bring it in to a one shot ^^ This took some time since I got sick today that I had to miss prom ;~; sobs. However, I hope you guys enjoy this!

P.S. I'm also taking requests for other apink / exo pairings. However, exopink requests will be a priority since this is the main point ^^ So go ahead and request for b.apinkexo, exopinkfriend,btopinkexo, b1apinkexo, etc. ^^ The note is on the foreword!

“Why are you going to marry, Prince Woohyun? He’s too good for you,” A student rolls her eyes as two other girls stand beside her. The school that this girl went to is a very prestigious school with the smartest, richest, and the royal people. However, some of the females are very hot-headed, selfish, and think too much of themselves.

“He’ll never fall in love with a girl like you,” The other girl laughs as they all cross their arms, glancing at the frightened girl in front of them. “She’s not going to do anything. If she does, then she’ll be in huge trouble,” The final girl smirks as they take a step closer, bringing in more tension to their conversation. “We can do a much better job at being a Princess than you. You’re too quiet and have no initiative. Why are you even—‘”

Just as the girl was about to continue, a tanned boy snickers and crosses his arms, “So, what do I see here? Those are harming the Princess? You know she could just report you and have you three suspended from the school. She’s just that kind to let it off.” All three girls freeze in place as they look back to see the one and only Prince Kim Jongin.

“We were just wondering about her and Prince Woohyun! We weren’t actually going to do anything bad,” The first girl squeaks as she turns around and waves her hands, laughing nervously. “Just go,” The male grits as the girls flee away from the Princess.

“Jongin,” She murmurs as her eyes avert away, trying not to look at him. “Don’t start it, Yookyung,” He beams as he walks closer to her, the sound of his footstep echoing in the halls, “You have to stop being quiet like this. You’ll be taking the throne one day and you need to have authority over them. I can’t keep protecting you.”

He was right and Yookyung dreads everyday as she wakes up. The thought of her being Queen is coming closer and closer. She’ll be getting married to Woohyun, the popular prince, in a matter of months. She’ll be taking over and have to make decisions. She and Jongin have always been there for each other, but now—that day will vanish as she’ll have to rely on her soon-to-be husband.

“Yookyung,” He repeats as he places his hands on her shoulders, shaking her slowly, “Trust me. I would protect you every single day, but you have Woohyun now. You know that guy; he’s always overseas and traveling around. You’ll mostly have to protect yourself.”

She nods in defeat as she hangs her head, hiding her lips, “I know…I know.” Jongin sighs quietly as he pulls her into a hug, closing his eyes as she bites his bottom lip. I can’t believe Woohyun beat me to it.

His thoughts are soon interrupted as a cough fills the air. Both figures immediately pull away as Yookyung looks at the source, bowing, “Woohyun—what are you doing here? I thought you were in China.” A tall handsome man strides over to the two, his hands in his pants pockets as he particularly eyes the other male, “Well, my flight came in earlier than expected. Maybe I came at a wrong time?”

She quickly shakes her head and holds her hands together, “No, it’s alright. Um, let’s get going.” She turns to face Jongin and smiles, “I’ll see you later.” She walks towards Woohyun and wraps her hand around his arm, “Let’s go.” Woohyun smiles lightly and nods, staring at her, “Of course.” As they start turning their back towards Jongin, he glances back at the lone male, his signature smirk showing.

Great…That should have been me if I could have the chance. He sighs quietly and watches them get smaller and smaller from his view, Jongin slowly starting to walk the opposite direction.

At the palace, Yookyung and Woohyun walk around the garden. Roses, lilies, sunflowers, and a whole variety of flowers surround them as a cold front gradually enters. “Hey, you know we’ll be getting married in a few months. How are you feeling about it?” Woohyun questions as he holds Yookyung’s hand, passing a section of peach roses.

Yookyung nibbles on her bottom lip as she takes a deep breath, “Nervous. Woohyun, we’ve only known each other for half a year. It’s quite difficult for me to handle this.” Just as she was going to face him, he bends down to pick up a peach rose; slowly show it to her as he stands up, “Do you know what peach roses mean? It means for optimism in the future and for us to be together. I want you to look at this every day and remember that I really hope for us to last long as a couple.” gapes open, staring at the rose and then up at him. Feeling touched, she leisurely grabs the rose, pressing part of the rose on her nose, “Thank you, Woohyun.”

However, by the window on the fourth floor, Jongin freezes, his eyebrows furrowing and his blood pumping with jealousy. “This isn’t fair,” He mutters to himself while he clenches his fist to fume. “What’s the matter, Prince Jongin?” A motherly voice echoes as he quickly turns around and bows ninety degrees. “Queen Hong,” He closes his eyes shut and get back to his standing position, “It’s nothing, your highness.”

She chuckles as she covers with her hand, “That’s nonsense, Jongin. I know when a man is in love. Look at you—you look like you want to commit a murder.” Embarrassed, he scratches the back of his neck. “Do you love my daughter, Jongin?” She watches his actions, his eyes scanning around. “Is it bad?” He whispers as another laugh escapes the Queen’s mouth.

“Of course not!” She smiles and glances out the window to see Woohyun and Yookyung conversing more. “Honestly, I didn’t want them to get married. I wanted Yookyung to thrive more in school without any worries, but my husband insisted. Let me just give you some advice,” She stares at Jongin as she continues, “Always be there for Yookyung.” He blinks in a dumbfounded state, “Huh? …I mean, yes, your highness,” He bows once again as the advice lingers in his mind. I’m always there for her though.

That advice came in handy though. In a matter of weeks, Jongin had a guest over at his palace. It was storming out during the night and he never expected any guests coming over. “Yookyung, what are you doing here?” Jongin asks as he sits on his chair by his desk, seeing her head hanging down. “Yoo—‘” He starts as the female breaks down, shaking her head, “I can’t take this anymore!”

The chair immediately screeches back, Jongin walks towards her, “What happened?” She covers her face with her hands as tears drip down, her legs feeling wobbly. “Everything,” She cries as keeps shaking her head. Jongin’s eyes turn softer as his strong arms wrap around her shoulders, humming softly, “Tell me.”

Her eyes are still closed as she sniffles, trying to calm herself down to talk, “The thought of being married and being queen one day is just excruciating. It’s like everything is passing by so quickly. Each day in school I’m always being approached by different girls about Woohyun and I. I’ve been trying to take your advice and take the authority, but they just laugh.” She takes a deep breath and covers , leaning her head against his shoulder, “And honestly, I don’t want to be married to Woohyun just yet. I want to take the time to know him better.”

Despite the thought of her getting married to him, Jongin nods, rubbing her back soothingly, “I know. It’s okay, Yookyung. Have you talked about Woohyun about it?”

“He’s in Japan right now. He’s always leaving and going places. It worries me because I don’t even know what he’s doing. He doesn’t call or write,” She continues as she shakes her head once more, “It hurts. People are telling me that he’s been just hanging out with other girls.”

These are the moments when Jongin wants revenge. He wants to tell Woohyun so much about what that fool is doing to her. Jongin could do so much better than him and he knows it. His grip tightens as he sighs quietly, “Please, Yookyung. We can work this out. I want to help you smile and laugh again.” She slowly pulls back and looks up at him, “But I feel like I’m asking too much.”

He chuckles quietly as he unwraps an arm to wipe her tears away, “You’re never asking for too much.” A light shade of pink grows on her cheeks, cracking a thin smile of gratefulness.

After a few days, Woohyun returns and visits Yookyung in her room. “Welcome back, Woohyun,” She smiles lightly and places her book back on the shelf. The male grins and walks towards her, placing his hands on each side of her waist, staring at her, “Thank you. I’m glad to be back.”

She looks down and grabs his hands, pulling back slightly, “Can we talk?” Confusion hits him as he nods once, “Of course. What about?”

“Us,” She beams as she purses her lips, “Do you really want to get married to me?” Woohyun lets out a breathy laugh, “Of course I do. Why?”

Yookyung turns her head away and gulps in anxiety, “Just wondering.”

“What’s wrong?” He questions as he starts feeling tense. She takes a deep breath and stares at him firmly, “Are you cheating on me?” His eyes widen as his voice turns firmer, “Yookyung! How can you ask that question so normally? Why would I ever cheat on you?”

“Because everyone has told me about it! They told me that you’ve been traveling because you’re just meeting women,” She beams as she steps back, “Is it true?” Woohyun pauses as he looks at her, “Yoo—‘”

Her voice rises as she clenches her hands into a fist, “Tell me the truth!” His eyes widen as he notices the new side of her. “Are you or are you not?” Her tone continues as Woohyun takes the last straw. “Fine, I am! Happy?” He shouts as he turns around, running his hand through his hair as he hisses.

A small laugh escapes her lips as she hangs her head, “Wow. I can’t believe it.” She pauses and mutters, “Is it because you thought I was easy? Since I wasn’t that strong as other princesses, that you would target me? I’m not weak as you think.”

His head turns back as he watches a new princess transform. His eyes widen as he looks at the peach rose he gave her by the window. The delicate flower slowly weakens, its stem flopping as the rose hits the windowsill. “Leave. I’m calling off the marriage,” She whispers.

“No, you can’t!” He retorts as he turns his body to face her. “She can,” A voice barges into the conversation as Woohyun’s head turns back again, seeing Jongin leaning against the door with his hands behind his back.

“You’re not welcomed here,” Woohyun grits through his teeth. “No, he is,” Yookyung replies, “Get out.” Woohyun laughs nervously, shaking his head, “You can’t do this to me, Yookyung.”

“Oh, I can. I talked to my father about it already and he said it was completely up to me. Now, please leave before I call the guards,” She order as Woohyun drags his feet towards the door.

Jongin smirks as he stands up straight, letting his shoulder hit Woohyun’s, “So, how does it feel to be rejected by the Princess?” Woohyun clenches his jaw and leaves, feeling guilty.

Yookyung exhales, tousling her hair, “That felt really nice.” Jongin enters the room with his hands still behind his back, “So, is this what the new Princess Yookyung will be like?” She giggles and smiles softly, “Only when it’s needed. I’m still the same person.”

He grins and stops until he’s close in front of her, leaning his upper body forward, “Good. That’s the Yookyung I like.” He his lips and brings his hands in front of him, holding a gardenia, “Hopefully this will make you feel better.” Yookyung smiles brightly as she receives the flower, twirling the flower around, “It’s beautiful. This is much better than Woohyun’s one.” Jongin nods and opens his arms, staring at her. In silence, she takes a step and wraps her arms around his neck, closing her eyes in joy. The male wraps his arms around her waist and plants a soft kiss on her forehead, standing there for more than a while.

I wonder if you know the meaning of what a gardenia is.

 It means I’m secretly in love you.

I hope one day that you’ll be mines, Hong Yookyung.

The peach rose finally drops from its stem, the front of the rose facing the soon-to-be couple. The gardenia on the other hand, brightly shows its color.