✏ thirty-one: Gluing the Pieces [ Baekhyun, Eunji, Chanyeol, Bomi ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Gluing the Pieces | The Final Chapter from the "short series," Eternity (Chapter 28)
Characters: Byun Baekhyun, Jung Eunji, Park Chanyeol, and Yoon Bomi
Written: March 29, 2013
Words: 2,214 
Author's Note: This "short series" is finally done! ^^ I think you guys would know what the final pairings would be orz I think this is a little...bleh...to be honest ;~; But I really hope you guys enjoy this! ^^ Oh! Also, I've been writing a small fanfic revolving around all the EXO members and a five year old ouo Lots of fluff and some comedy (well at least try). I didn't post it yet, but I've been writing a few chapters! Thank you for all the support! <3 

P.S. I only did a small part of Eunji's POV orz It must have thrown the whole thing off. Also, I really didn't want to make the parents seem really mean or something orz

Previously:

On that bus back home, I can feel my chest tighten and my head feel light. I can’t imagine what will happen once I step off that buss. A few minutes later, the bus halts to a stop and one by one, we all exited.

Looking around, I was being hopeful. However, in that crowd I saw no one that I was accustomed with. Dragging my feet through the crowd, I continue searching. My whole body freezes as I escape the crowd, glancing at the person right in front of me.

“Chanyeol,” The familiar voice whispers.

Time stopped for me right at that moment.

-

“I bought tickets to go back to Seoul. Chanyeol is going to be discharged, right? You should talk to him about it and we can try to get things figured out,” Baekhyun told me as he gave me my ticket. Throughout those few weeks, we’ve grown closer as friends. We’ve been constantly planning on what to tell our parents about our “divorce” and our love for Chanyeol and Bomi.

Once the plane landed, I could feel my heart beating against my chest and I could feel my whole body shaking from anxiety. I haven’t seen Chanyeol in two years and I wonder how he looks like now. I hope he’s not hurt and that he’s eating or sleeping well.

The thoughts endlessly run in my mind from everything positive to the utter most negative thing a person can think of. On that bus to the location where soldiers were discharged, I couldn’t stop looking at my hands. All the emotions of fear take over me and I just want to tell Chanyeol everything.

As soon as I get off the bus, I could see men already leaving. Am I late? I really hope I’m not. There was a huge crowd of people who were looking for their own relative, friend, or lover and I stand far away from the crowd, I try to search for Chanyeol.

Standing on my tip toes, I see a variety of men walking out, but I see no signs of him. Just as I was about to give up, my eyes land on a tall male that is sporting black hair with the sides shaved slightly.

“Chanyeol,” I murmur as he stops in front of me. I don’t know what he’s thinking about, but I’m sure he hates me after what I sent him. I swear it was like he froze in place with his eyes staring right back at mines. However, as I take a step forward he walks away from me.

Shock takes over as I immediately walk after him, “Wait, Chanyeol! Let me explain!” I start begging as I grab his arm. He stops in place and turns around, looking at me, “What? Are you here to tell me about your marriage?”

[ Third Person Point of View ]

Chanyeol didn’t want to be stoic towards her. Honestly, he wanted to just hug her tightly and lift her off the ground. He wanted to hold her forever and keep her in his arms. However, he did know that she’s a married woman now and he has to respect her as one.

“No—okay, kind of,” Eunji whispers in defeat as her grip on his arm tightens, “Look, the letter you got, it was true. I am married, but he—‘” Chanyeol didn’t want to hear no more. He didn’t want to hear anything about how the wedding went, where they’re living, anything. He shakes his arm free and continues walking, grinding his teeth together in jealously.

“Park Chanyeol!” Eunji shouts as he stops, the male clutching onto his bag strap. “Look,” She calms herself down as Chanyeol turns around, seeing her left hand held up. His eyes widen as he sees a glint from her ring finger. He takes large steps towards her to take a closer look at the ring.

His heart skips a beat as he cracks a small smile. It was the ring that he proposed with. He lifts his left hand up to reveal a ring that matches with hers, staring at her sincerely, “Eunji…” He puts down his bag on the ground and immediately wraps his arms around her. Closing his eyes, a warm smile glows as he holds her again. It’s been two dreadful years of not seeing his loved one.

“What’s going on?” Chanyeol whispers as Eunji wraps her arms around his waist. She lets out a small sigh and rests her head against his chest, “A lot of things…”

On the other hand, Baekhyun quickly walks towards Bomi’s house, hoping that she’ll be home. He knocks on the door to be greeted by Bomi’s little brother. “Baekhyun hyung?” Her brother blinks in confusion, crossing his arms, “What do you want?”

Baekhyun could tell that her little brother despised him for everything he’s done. “Look, Jongjin, I need to talk to your sister. It’s an emergency.” Jongjin shakes his head firmly, “No.”

“I still love her, okay?” Baekhyun hangs his head down and takes a deep breath, “Please, I really want to speak to her.” Jongjin could tell that the older was going to beg if he keeps denying it. He looked up to Baekhyun as a role model, wanting to be successful just like him. Jongjin did respect him and he wanted Baekhyun to live happily. “Fine. She’s up in her room. If you ever make her cry, I will definitely tell my parents about this.”

The older smiles in relief, ruffling the other’s hair, “Thank you, Jongjin.” He jogs up towards Bomi’s room, knocking on the door gently. “What is it?” The familiar sweet voice calls out as she opens the door, but she quickly reacts and steps back, “Baekhyun…”

“Bomi, please don’t get mad at me—‘” He starts, but Bomi interrupts him, “Mad at you? Of course I am. I’ve been confused and sad on how everything happened. You can’t expect me to just let this go. It’s been a year without seeing you and now you decide to come back?” She starts closing the door, but Baekhyun’s hand pushes the door open, staring at her, “The reason why I had to was because of my parents. They forced me into a marriage and I was afraid of telling you why. I still love you, Bomi, I really do.”

So that was the reason? The reason why Bomi would mourn about the breakup, the reason she was confused at herself on what she did wrong, all because of an arranged marriage? She was exasperated. But the thoughts of him living with another woman filled her mind, shaking her head, “No, you can’t. You don’t. You have a wife to love.”

Baekhyun lets out a small laugh, tilting his head to look at her, “Do you really think I’ll love a woman in just a year when my heart is only set on you? You’re wrong, Bomi. I’ve always loved you. I only laid my lips on her once—and that was only the wedding day. It wasn’t even a kiss actually. It was just a millisecond peck and that was it. Does she love me back? No. She was actually engaged before this whole problem came up.”

Bomi’s mind still couldn’t wrap around the situation, but once she heard about his wife loving another man, her eyes widened, “Then why was she forced in it when she’s engaged?”

“Her parents are just like mines. They both denied our relationships, but we’re going to change that,” He replies as he his lips, “Bomi, what I’m saying is true. I still love you.” After a long slow year, Bomi is finally reunited with her one true love. She immediately takes a step and drapes her arms around his neck, resting her head in the crook of his neck.

Baekhyun chuckles softly and slings his arms around her waist, his mood rising up in joy.

-

“What do you mean you two are going to divorce?!” Eunji’s mother shouts in anger as her husband shoots glares at Baekhyun and Eunji. Baekhyun’s father crosses his arms as everyone is seated in his household. “You two have to stay married.”

“How can we when we clearly don’t love each other?” Baekhyun rebuttals and tightly holds onto Bomi’s hand, “Eunji and I have been living with each other and we never developed feelings for each other that way. We grew more as friends rather than lovers.”

Eunji nods in agreement, “How can we when we were just suddenly told about it at the spur of the moment? Mother, father, please understand our side. I love Chanyeol and him only.”

Her mother scoffs and crosses her arms, “Chanyeol won’t be as successful as Baekhyun.” Eunji’s eyes widen as she stands up in defense, “Chanyeol will be! His shop has been growing each and every day. From what I know, his best friend has been running his shop while he’s been away in the military. His friend has told me that they’ve been selling out almost every week!” Chanyeol nibbles on his bottom lip as he stands up, resting his hands on her shoulders, “Eunji, it’s okay. Let me explain.” Eunji sits down as she fumes, looking at the ground.

Chanyeol takes a deep breath and stays standing, “Mr. and Mrs. Jung, I understand that I’m not like you guys. I’m not as rich or successful. However, I’ve been a faithful boyfriend towards Eunji. We’ve been dating for years and to be honest, we were even engaged before all of this happened.” All four adults widen in astonishment, looking at each other.

“You’ve betrayed us?!” Eunji’s mother screams as she takes a deep breath. “Please let me continue. You two only looked at the bad side and never the good. You can’t force someone into love, especially your own daughter. How did you two fall in love? An arranged marriage or did it happen slowly as a mutual attraction?”

That’s when it hit Eunji’s parents. They’ve only focused on what would have been best for Eunji, but never what she wanted. They’ve had this whole dream on her, but never let her in on anything. They weren’t exactly bad parents, but parents that had huge dreams for her and wanted her to be happy.

Bomi stands up as well and faces Baekhyun’s parents, “I know I was young back then. I’ve matured into a woman though. I know you two disagreed about our relationship, but I really love Baekhyun. I didn’t know about this arranged marriage until today. Baekhyun wants to fulfill your dreams, Mr. Byun. He wants to continue on with your company. I understand his faithfulness towards both of you. Just think of what position I was in for about a year? Having to go on with confusion on why I was heartbroken was painful. He risked our love for both of you. I’m not saying you two are selfish, but what I’m trying to say is that we both love each other, even if it means taking risks and hard decisions.”

Baekhyun looks up at her and sees her eyes watering up. He grabs her hand again and squeezes it, continuing on, “She’s strong, father. She’s a great support system for me.  Please, understand both Eunji’s and my relationship. You can’t let two people live like this when we have already found someone to love.”

Both parents look at each other, noticing their mistakes. “If you guys really love each other,” Baekhyun’s mother murmurs in guilt, nodding, “We’ll go on with the divorce.”

“However, Eunji and Chanyeol,” Eunji’s mother pauses as she looks at them, “We’ll need to talk about the wedding.” Chanyeol smiles brightly and bows formally towards them, “Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Jung. I promise to take care of your daughter.”

Bomi does the same and wipes her tears that were starting to fall, “Thank you so much.” Baekhyun stands up and hugs her tightly, closing his eyes.

“Will you all forgive us?” Eunji’s father asks as all four young adults glance at each other, nodding.

After exchanging a few small talks, the two couples stand up and talk with each other. “Baekhyun, Bomi, would you two like to come to our wedding?” Eunji asks as she hugs Chanyeol’s arm, smiling brightly. Bomi laughs and nods, “Of course. Congratulations to both of you.”

Chanyeol nods and grins, “Thanks. We really hope for the best of you two too.” Eunji slowly pulls away from Chanyeol, pulling Baekhyun to the side. “Here, I think you might need this later on,” She winks and pulls something out of her pocket, placing it in his hand. The male blinks and looks at the item, a crimson pink showing. It was the ring that was used for his and Eunji’s wedding.

“What did she give you?” Bomi blinks as she tilts her head to the side, wanting to take a peek at his hand. Baekhyun quickly places the ring in his pants pocket, shaking his head, “Oh, it’s nothing!” He laughs nervously and wraps his arm around her shoulder, “I’ll take you back home, okay?”

Did both couples really live happily ever after? I guess you can say that it’s one of those lucky stories.