✏ forty-eight: Exam [ Sujoo ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Exam
Pairing: Kim Joonmyun (Suho) & Kim Namjoo [ Sujoo ]
Written: June 30, 2013
Words: 1,285
Requested by: GuardianAngelSuho
Warning: Extreme cheesiness. (Yes, I made that a warning because I smiled all the way when I was writing this)
Author's Note: I'm finally on the last request for the first batch! The second batch is now beginning! ^^ sobs On my word document, I started an exopink document that has all my one shots from chapter 12 (worries) to all the way to this one. I have roughly 56,000 words in total xD And I surpassed a 100 pages since I started a new page with every one shot. I'm looking forward when I hit 200 if that ever happens xD Anyways, look forward to more one shots and feel free to check out the other stories that features apink and exopink's maknaes :D Thank you! ^^

“Augh!” Namjoo screams in frustration as she sits down on the couch with her legs crossed and her books lying on her lap. She scratches her hair as she lays her pencil down on the book.

Her boyfriend walks in from the kitchen and observes his girlfriend, a small chuckle escaping his lips, “Having trouble?” She nods and lets out a deep sigh, laying her back down on the head rest, “Exams are definitely a killer. I think I’m going to die…”

The male shakes his head and takes a seat beside her, putting an arm around her shoulders, “If you die right after your exams, we won’t be able to spend more time together though!” Namjoo smiles lightly and looks at him, a small laugh escaping her lips, “I’ll try not to die then.”

“Besides, I know you’re strong enough to survive this,” He grins and pecks her cheek, taking a peek at the book. He hums quietly and taps his chin with his free hand, “I can help you out actually. I love this subject!”

Namjoo blinks and glances at her book and then at her boyfriend, “Kim Joonmyun—you made me frustrate over this all along while you were just hanging around?!” She crosses her arms and pouts lightly, looking forward. Joonmyun laughs and squeezes her shoulder, “It’s cute to see you like that.” He lays the side of his head on top of hers and points to a section in the book, “Okay, so this subject…”

It took one hour for Joonmyun to explain a chapter and suddenly, Namjoo was able to comprehend to every single detail. Her confidence suddenly raised and her eyes became so much brighter in her interest of the topic. “Thank you so much, oppa!” She wraps her arms around his middle and lays her head against his shoulder, “I think I’ll be able to pass if I continue trying my best!”

That was the main thing that he admired about her. The way she kept going and persevered—she always did her best and gave her full efforts. Joonmyun sighs in content and lays his lips on top of her head, closing his eyes, “You’ll definitely ace it.”

-

She was in her second year in college and she’s definitely used to all the exams piling up on her. It’s been hours of sitting down, pencils rubbing against the papers, and using your mind to the greatest extent. She opens the door and yawns, dropping her bag down by the small table. “I’m home!” She announces as she drops onto the couch, her eyes tired of blinking anymore.

However, from the corner of her eye she catches her boyfriend with a white buttoned shirt tucked into his black tuxedo jeans. She immediately sits up and turns to face him, watching her own boyfriend fix his tie, “J-Joonmyun? What are you doing?”

Joonmyun steps back and laughs, tightening his tie, “You’re home! Hurry and get ready, we’re going to go somewhere!” Namjoo stands up and stares at her boyfriend again. He was so handsome with his hair gelled up and his white buttoned shirt on. I mean—who can resist looking away from him?

Namjoo scurries into her room, her fatigue disappearing as she looks through her closet. “What kind of dress am I supposed to wear?” She whispers to herself as she chooses something semi-formal. She dresses herself in a light pink dress that reaches to her knees with a variety of small white flowers decorating the dress. She takes a deep breath and fixes her hair, putting on a small heart shaped necklace that Joonmyun gave her on their half a year anniversary. She walks outside to the main room to find Joonmyun with the car keys in his hand.

“You look beautiful,” Joonmyun compliments as he holds his hand out, bowing gently. She couldn’t help as she smiles brightly, placing her hand in his, their hands soon intertwining with each other.

Soon, the two were seated at one of the restaurants that Namjoo has always wanted to go to. She was simply amazed and she felt so reenergized. She sat across from Joonmyun and watches him look at the menu in thought. “Hm…Choose anything you want, alright? It’s my treat for finishing your exams!” He says as he rubs his chin, looking over the choices.

She smiles warmly and looks over the menu, making her final decision.

After ordering and waiting, Joonmyun and Namjoo converses over their memories and even Namjoo’s time at college. Their food finally arrives and both of them immediately start eating. Namjoo covers lightly as she chews, looking at him, “Exams actually went by easier than expected.” She places her fork down and wipes with the napkin, “I had the greatest tutor.”

Joonmyun chuckles quietly and holds his hand out, feeling her warm hand lay on top of his, “I knew you could do it.” He clears his throat and fixes his tie. “Namjoo,” He squeezes her hand and calls out her name softly, “Do you remember what today is?”

Namjoo blinks and puckers her lips out slightly, her eyes soon widening as she recalls the date, “Oh my gosh…” She blushes deep red and hangs her head down, “It’s our anniversary today…I totally forgot…” She hits her forehead with her free hand and shakes her head, “Joonmyun, I’m—‘”

Joonmyun laughs quietly as his thumb rubs small circles on the back of her hand, reassuring her, “Don’t worry, I understand. Exams are really serious and it’s something to focus on for days.” He stares at her sweetly as he flashes a gentle smile, “I wanted this to be a day of relief and a day for ourselves.” Namjoo sighs in relief and tilts her head to the side, “Is there anything I can do to repay it though? I feel bad…”

He hums quietly and tugs a small playful smirk, “A kiss would help—but that’ll be for later. However, let’s just enjoy this night, okay?” Namjoo nods and squeezes his hand. She loved all of his traits. He’s understanding, sweet, gentle, intelligent, and manly—everything a girl can ask for.

About an hour or so, the two arrives back at their small apartment hand in hand. Namjoo closes the door behind her and takes off her heels, turning her body to face her boyfriend. “Joonmyun, thank you for everything. I really mean it,” She slowly wraps her arms around his middle and lays her head on his chest, closing her eyes. The male looks at her and embraces her in the hug, laying his chin on the top of her head.

After a few seconds, Namjoo pulls away and moves her arms to wrap around his neck, reaching up to kiss him gently on the lips. Taken aback from her sudden action, Joonmyun immediately closes his eyes, one of his hands resting on her waist. The kiss was gentle and sweet, like a feather has just landed on his lips. She pulls away and blushes lightly, smiling softly, “I love you, Kim Joonmyun. Happy anniversary.”

Joonmyun smiles brightly and squeezes her waist, “I love you too, Kim Namjoo.” He immediately wraps his arms around her waist and laughs, “But since when did you take the lead on things?! I’m the man of the relationship!”

“Hey, that was your reward for giving me a great night!” She beams as she lays her hands on his shoulders. He hugs her tighter and picks her up, “You could have at least done that after I did those things!” He stares at her and sighs happily, “But—what matters is that we’re able to love each other unconditionally.”