✏ thirteen: Worries [ Haneun ]

✏ exopink one shots ♪

Title: Worries 
Pairing: Luhan & Son Naeun [ Haneun ]
Written: January 28, 2013 / Posted: Janurary 29, 2013
Words: 2,162
Requested by: rosedust
Author's Note: Hello! Here's the request for Haneun ^^ It might seem weird since I tried going for drama again OTL It wouldn't make that much sense ;~; However, the finalized couples for the project are bolded! The votes are still going and I'll be making polls for the other members soon ^^ I hope you enjoy it! ^^

☁☁☁

 

“Let’s go, Yuu!” A voice calls out in the small cozy apartment, light childish footsteps echoing through the small building. The female walks around calmly while grabbing her lunch bag, waiting for her son to emerge from his room. Soon, the child runs through the hall, running towards his mother’s legs to embrace them tightly.

“Mama, I want to stay with Mama!” The child whines as he clings to her legs, his big deer-like eyes looking up at her. As much as she wanted to squish him and eat him up, they had to head to work and school. “You can after pre-school, alright?” She smiles as she picks him up, carrying him as they exit their apartment.

As they head towards the petite car, she tucks him into his car seat in the back and soon she enters the driver’s seat, turning on the engine to head towards the pre-school. “Mama, where’s baba?” Yuu asks as he plays with his fingers while swinging his feet back and forth lightly.

The mother gulps as she grips the steering wheel fairly tight, trying to keep her sole focus on the road, “Baba—is working very hard. He’ll be back later on, alright?” Despite the heavy traffic, they both made their way to the entrance, being welcomed by a playground and a colorful building. Children are running around frantically with huge smiles spread across their faces. “School, school!” Yuu claps gleefully as she parks the car, quickly running to the other side to bring him out of the car.

“Naeun! It’s great to see you,” The worker smiles as Yuu runs towards the classroom, looking at him and then walking towards the adult. “Have you heard? Your husband is finally back from China!” The worker continues as she looks at the beauty.

“Really? I haven’t gotten any calls,” Naeun pouts slightly as she takes out her phone, seeing no messages. “I’ll figure it out tonight,” She manages to break out a smile as she bows and starts leaving for work.

-

During the middle of the night, Yuu is tucked into his bed soundly, but one person is having trouble falling asleep. Naeun rolls around on the fairly wide bed, hugging her pillow tightly. It’s been almost three years since her husband has been overseas. He has never stepped back into Korea until that moment the worker broke the news. It was a huge emotional ride when it happened, but she managed to stay strong and do her best with Yuu.

She was happy, but at the same time nervous from the events. Did he change in anything? She may never know until that moment comes. Within her trail of thoughts, the door creaks open with a light cracking. She immediately closes her eyes to make sure that she can see him tomorrow instead and probably to surprise him as well.

Light footsteps travel back and forth to the bathroom and to the bedroom. The bed soon shifts its weight as Naeun suddenly hears soft snores. She turns herself slightly to see her husband’s back facing her. Honestly, she was taken aback as her heart falls slightly. However, knowing that he would be exhausted, she decides to wait until the morning for them to officially rejoice.

That wasn’t the case though—when she woke up, no one was beside her side. She sits up on her bed, confused by the fact that he didn’t care to wake her up. She looks around and finds a note on the bed, her heart beating abnormally.

Naeun, I’ll be at work today. I’ll be home late too. I’ll see you tonight, yeah? –Luhan

Holding the note, she sighs softly, standing up from the bed and throwing the note away. Not even a single “I love you” or “I missed you” was written, which made Naeun worry deeply. “Mama, it’s Friday! Mimi’s house?” Yuu shouts as he runs into her room, jumping up and down frantically. Every Friday, Yuu would go to his cousin’s house and play with Mimi who is around the same age as Yuu.

Naeun smiles and picks him up, spinning around, “Of course! We’ll take you there after I pick you up, hm?” She kisses his cheek and they both head towards the kitchen for breakfast.

“Mama, when is baba coming back?” Yuu asks as he’s still carried his mother, who he can now see eye level with. Naeun purses her lips and looks at him, smiling weakly, “He’ll be back soon. Don’t worry.”

-

After the whole day, Naeun finally picks Yuu up, driving to her younger sister’s house. She drops him off and starts driving towards the local grocery shop. Her husband’s presence from last night glues into her head as she parks the car, stretching slightly in her seat. She was about to get out of the car until something caught her eye. That light brown-slightly blonde short hair caught her eye and his innocent big eyes caught her. “Luhan…” She whispers quietly to herself as she smiles lightly, wondering what he’s doing.

However, that smile dissipates as another woman grabs onto his arm. It wasn’t a relative nor someone she knew, it was a girl who was around her age. Naeun’s face heats up as her heart beats quickly and her eyes widening in surprise. He couldn’t, right? She didn’t know, but right after she saw them she returned home, getting into bed.

-

Sitting on the bed, Naeun places the blanket over her lap, looking up at the ceiling. The lamp was on, illuminating a light orange glow. The door creaks open quietly with an exhausted husband entering, his eyes widening as he sees his wife. “Naeun,” He whispers softly as he stands by the door.

“Luhan…” Naeun murmurs as she looks away, trying not to remember those moments. “W-Why are you up? It’s so late,” Luhan asks as he walks towards the drawer, grabbing his clothes.

Naeun blinks and looks at him, something suddenly boiling in her blood. “Why am I up?” She says in a monochromatic tone. “Because I miss my husband,” She answers, looking at the back of her husband. “Last night, I knew you came home. You had your back me though, but I thought you were tired. Then this morning, you leave me a note, not even saying anything sweet, just a simple note. And this afternoon, I seen you with another girl at the grocery store. You think I can sleep peacefully now? Within those three years—‘”

“Hey, you don’t know the real story,” Luhan cuts her off as he closes his eyes, clenching his fists, “I’ve been working hard these past three years, trying to gain money for us. How do you think that makes me feel? I need the free time.”

“That doesn’t mean you can ignore me though,” Naeun beams as she holds her hands together, her head hanging down, “I know you’re tired, but giving me the cold shoulder hurts even more. It’s been three long years, Luhan. You didn’t call after the first six months; you didn’t send any email, not even a letter. Do you know how worry I become?”

Luhan turns around and looks at her, taking a deep breath as he’s about to say something. “Most importantly, do you know how important you’ve become for both Yuu and I?” Naeun whispers weakly as she glances up at him, her eyes watery. “Yuu always asks me everything when you would come home. I thought you would have at least greeted him this morning, but instead, he asked me that same question. I’ve been taking care of Yuu this whole time, hoping that you would come back so we can become a family again. But what happened? You decided to go out, work, and not even talk to us,” She stands up and starts heading towards the door with a pillow in her hand.

The male’s eyes widen as he trails behind her, grabbing her wrist before she could exit the door, “Naeun—‘” However, his thoughts stop as the door knocks. “Yuu is home,” Naeun whispers as she doesn’t look back at him, “I suggest that you don’t talk to him until you’ve seen what an influence you are,” She shakes her grip off of him and exits the door.

“Mama!” Yuu shouts as he runs towards his mother. Naeun waves to her younger sister, Seeun, while bringing her son in her arms. “Yuu!” She smiles brightly and looks at him, “Did you have fun with Mimi?” Yuu nods and holds up a toy helicopter, “I did! We played with airplanes! When I grow up, I want to be a pilot to visit baba!”

Naeun blinks and smiles weakly, hugging him tightly, “Let’s get you to bed, hm?”

Luhan observes from the small crack of the door, a weak smile appearing on his face. He was awfully tired, but he didn’t mean to cause so much for both of them. He walks towards the bed and throws himself there, a frustrated groan escaping his lips. “What have I done?” Luhan sighs.

Later on in the night, Luhan stands up and walks quietly towards Yuu’s room. He opens the door and finds his wife sleeping on the small little couch. She was sleeping peacefully with strands of her long hair in front of her face. He then glances at Yuu, who is sleeping calmly, while holding his toy helicopter. A light smile emits as he looks at the two most important people in his world. He walks towards the couch and picks Naeun up bridal style, walking back towards the room.

However, Naeun can be a light sleeper and she immediately woke up once Luhan walked out of the room. “Yah, put me down,” Naeun orders as she lazily looks at her husband. “No,” He resists as he walks inside their room, placing her on the edge of the bed.

“Naeunnie,” Luhan whispers as he stands in front of her, his body feeling awfully weak. “From those three years being away, I was worried too. Each day I was working as if it was my last day and I was basically working my way up. I wasn’t worried about my job, but also both of you. I was afraid that you would have gone off with someone else or not love me anymore when I get back. When I came back home last night, I was just glad to be back and sleep. However, I was still afraid—afraid that you’d be mad at me because I was gone so long, losing contact with you. Work was just really heavy and I rarely had time.”

He takes a deep breath and hangs his head down, “I was afraid for nothing. But I didn’t mean to make you go on this emotional pain. The girl that was with me at the store was a close friend of mines; she’s more like a sister. But Naeun,” He looks at her and goes on both knees, his arms reaching out to wrap around her waist tightly. “I love you,” He whispers as he shuts his eyes tight, “I always have. I’m stupid for not greeting you and not keeping in contact with you. I guess all I cared about was what would have happened to me.”

Naeun’s eyes widen as she listens to every word he’s saying. She can notice the feeble voice he had and his sincere thinking all pouring out. Butterflies start flying around in her stomach as she was able to feel his touch again. She couldn’t believe it, all this time they were both worrying about the same thing, just in different ways. “Oppa,” Naeun whispers as she rubs his shoulder gently. Luhan looks up at her and stands up, taking a deep breath.

She soon stands up in front of him, taking a deep breath, “It’s not your fault. It’s both of ours,” She pauses before lunging in for a tight hug, her arms wrapping around his waist. With her head leaning on his chest, she could hear his steady heartbeat. Luhan finally cracks a smile, his arms making its way around her shoulders. “I love you too, oppa,” Naeun whispers as she closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. Luhan pulls away slightly from the hug, one hand making its way towards her petite chin, lifting it up slightly.

“Welcome back, Luhan,” Naeun smiles lightly as Luhan continues to smile, leaning down slowly. Soon, their soft lips connect, Luhan’s hand cupping her cheek gently. The kiss of a welcome and apologies continues as Naeun’s grip around his waist tighten slightly, smiling against his lips.

Luhan pulls away slowly as he caresses her cheek, “I’ll wake up Yuu tomorrow morning.” Naeun nods as she hugs him tightly again, “Okay. Let’s head to sleep, hm?” He nods and kisses her forehead before both of them gets in bed, sleeping with worries pushed aside.