Day 93

2013, Year of Us

Wednesday April 3rd, 2013

“So you’re leaving in two days.” Tao asked Yu-ki as they ate lunch trying their best to hide from everyone. After news broke out that Yu-ki was the daughter of the professor, unfortunately some of the backlash was directed at Tao. Someone even had the audacity to accuse her mother of favouring Tao by giving him higher marks. Needless to say, after the investigation (where it was revealed that her mother never marked any of Tao’s papers and all his marks were legitimate) no one dared to outwardly express their discontent towards the two, but there was nothing that could be done about their inside thoughts.

“Yup.” Yu-ki said popping the p. “I have a few things I need to finish up back in Seoul. I do have a life there.”

“You know,” Tao said changing the topic. “Tyler told me the other day that Bryan, thinks you don’t exist.” Yu-ki rolled her eyes at that. “He told me that he tried looking you up but found nothing. He thinks you’re lying about being the professor’s daughter. He is totally convinced you are in witness protection.”

“Bryan is an idiot.” Yu-ki responded. “But he is right.” She sighed. “He thinks my name is Katie Wu, and she’s not a real person. She doesn’t exist.” This was one of the rare times that she was glad her mother and brother changed their names. There were times when she wanted to proudly say that they were related without having to explain everything, but this was for the better.

“It’s probably better anyway. Can you imagine if he found out exactly how much you’re worth?” Tao joked.

Yu-ki shuddered at the thought. “I have been through that before I do not want to deal with that again. That was the whole reason I decided to leave.”

“But you did. And you survived.”

"Barely."

“Please.” He scoffed. “Stop lying to yourself.”

With that simple phrase, Yu-ki smiled remembering a past conversation. “You know you aren’t the first person to tell me that. My best friend told me that once.” While Yu-ki told her story, Tao’s smile slowly faded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: Vancouver times are slowly coming to an end....reference to day 16. hope you are all able to connect the dots....