Day 17

2013, Year of Us

Thursday January 17th, 2013

“Please stop staring at me.” Baekhyun said curtly not looking up from his sketch. Yu-ki was currently at his studio along with Chanyeol and Jongin. The two were here to see the prototypes of Baekhyun’s latest designs and to give their feedback. Yu-ki was here because she had nowhere else to be. “Stop staring at me, it’s off putting.” He repeated when she made no motion to look away. Bowing her head once in apology she looked away. Yu-ki wasn’t even aware that she had been staring. She instead took to looking around the room. It was simple enough. A large white room with a single hallway leading to the bathroom, a changing room, and a room Yu-ki was told she often did photo shoots in. Behind her, floor to ceiling windows made up the entire wall. Everyone could see into Baekhyun’s studio and Baekhyun could pretend like it didn’t bother him. Other than simple things, the room was void of any personal touches. If it weren’t for the sign on the door, you’d never know whose space it was.

Getting up from her stool, she wandered. Something she had taken habit to. Walking around was an effective way for her to stop thinking and just explore. While on her little journeys Yu-ki would find out small things about herself and her surroundings.

Walking down the hallway and into the other room, Yu-ki saw multiple light fixtures. Those were no doubt the lights she used when she took photos here. Gingerly touching one her fingers lightly brushed against it.

 

“Wow! This stuff is top quality. How did he get this?”
“Think for a second who you’re talking about.”
She turned her head and looked down the hall at the figure brushing imaginary dust off his sleeve. She couldn’t help but frown.

 

Retracting her hand immediately she flinched. Since yesterday memories have been coming back to her in waves. It wasn’t usually anything big. Simple things like the day they went to the beach or when Jongin and Yixing did a joint stage. Yu-ki was slowly remembering, but they were all still fuzzy. Like everything was seen through the wrong lens.