Day 70

2013, Year of Us

Monday March 11th, 2013

“Sure you don’t want to come with me to the university today?”

“Yes I’m sure mom. I still a little off from jet lag, don’t want to slow you down while you’re working.” Yu-ki said as she leaned against the doorframe of the garage. “I’ll just stay here and unwind a bit. Perhaps unpack the last of my stuff. Get accustomed to the English language again.”

“You won’t be bored staying all by yourself?” She asked worriedly.

“I’ll be fine, now go before you’re late.” Yu-ki gestured for her mother to get in the car. “I’m not a child anymore. You don’t need to worry about me.”

“Well,” her mother began getting in the car. “If you’re sure. Don’t hesitate to call me about anything. I won’t be back ‘til late so don’t wait up. There are some leftovers in the fridge, you can heat them up for dinner if you want.” She left without waiting for Yu-ki’s response.

Waving as her mother drove away, Yu-ki closed the garage door after her. Locking the door to the garage, she silently made her way back to the house.  Seeing as it was only 7 in the morning, there wasn’t much that she could do at this hour.

Settling on unpacking, Yu-ki made her way to her room. After about an hour, she had gotten the majority of her clothes out of her suitcases and into her closet, the only things remaining were small miscellaneous items like her notebooks and the pile of letters from Guangzhou as well as her box full of photographs from her bedroom in Seoul.

Not trusting her tired mind to process information, she didn’t bother going through them and instead chose to lie around the house. Grabbing her laptop, she sent a quick e-mail to Kris ensuring him of her safe arrival and general condition over the past day and a half.

 

Sometime later in the night, Yu-ki started to wander around the house. It felt weird being in a house she hadn’t been in for years. Nothing has changed much in the house, the furniture was still the same although having suffered some wear from the years, but it still felt like the same house she had grown up in. Unconsciously, her feet led her to the room she remembered served as her mother’s home office. Taking a peek inside, Yu-ki saw papers littering the entire desk as well as an open binder. Thinking better than to disturb her mother’s work, she turned to leave, but a name caught her eye. In her mother’s mark book, somewhere near the top, a name stood out. Huang, Edison.

Curiosity getting the better of her, she wandered over, easily sinking into her mother’s chair. Gingerly taking the heavy binder in her hands, she flipped through the pages. Whoever this person was, it was no doubt that he had outstanding marks. Deciding not to pursue the idea any farther, she put the binder down and walked away from the room.

Yu-ki couldn’t be sure it was him, but what are the chances that another Edison Huang was enrolled in one of her mother’s classes? Would it really be that simple?

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: Next update, we will finally get to see Tao! Also, on that note, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Tao's supposed English name is Edison, I don't know how legit that is, but for fictional purposes, he shall be called Edison. Uhhhh, there is some character development for her mother (who currently remains nameless) which are sort of important in regards to the Wu/Li family dynamic as well as Kris and Yu-ki's upbringings. 

Also, the next few chapters will be mostly Tao with little to no mention of the others. I think it's fair considering the rest had three months of build up (except Sehun, but he gets the rest of summer basically....)

And lastly, do any of you guys use Line or Kakao Talk? I would love to be able to connect with some of you guys using that! Twittter here!