Day 75

2013, Year of Us

Saturday March 16th, 2013

Saturday morning found Yu-ki running errands. As her mother was often on the go and rarely spent time on meals, in her short week of living back home, Yu-ki had exhausted the entire contents of her mother’s small pantry.

Taking the bus to the nearest grocery store, Yu-ki made a mental list of things that were needed. Buying groceries was usually her job back in Korea as the other two were too busy and Yu-ki had developed a fool proof plan that had her in and out of the store in record time. One thing her plan never involved however, was unexpected run-ins with old classmates.

“Katie?” Yu-ki looked up from her intense search for a particular brand of pasta. “Oh my god it is you!” The stranger enveloped her into a hug. “It’s been so long, how are you?” Yu-ki looked at the stranger in confusion. “It’s me Michelle. From middle school?”

Recognition dawned on Yu-ki’s face. “Michelle Warren?”

“The one and only.” She giggled. Michelle and Yu-ki were never really the best of friends. Nor were they strangers either. They had an ambiguous relationship, one where they considered each other friends, but never did typical friend-like activities.  “I haven’t seen you since I moved. What is that like six years now?” Yu-ki nodded slowly doing the math in her head. She would have moved right after middle school, a year after the last of her memories.

“How are you?” Michelle continued despite Yu-ki’s silence. “Which school do you go to? Are you studying English like you always said you would?” Yu-ki could have answered those questions and ended it there, but before she could interrupt, Michelle asked another. “So how are things going with Edison?”

Yu-ki froze. “Pardon?” She asked slowly.

“How’s Edison? Did you two finally get together?” Yu-ki’s mouth opened but no sound came out. “I mean, everyone had assumed that you guys would end up together.” Michelle explained not noticing Yu-ki’s internal struggle.

“I- I don’t-” Yu-ki stuttered. “I moved after middle school too.” Yu-ki finally stated.  “I haven’t seen Ta-Edison in while.”

“Oh, that’s a shame. You two would have been perfect for each other. Well, I got to go. It was nice catching up with you.” She gave Yu-ki one last hug (to which she was unresponsive) and left as if she hadn’t just thrown Yu-ki’s world completely off its axis.

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: filler/important chapter (I realize I say that about almost all my chapters...) This just gives a third person perspective into the old Tao/Yu-ki relationship though Tao and Yu-ki were never an official couple. You can interpret that however you want, but basically, they never really sat down and asked each other are we a thing now. That being said, their thoughts might have been different.... Oh, and as a clarification, her friend Michelle, did not know about Yu-ki's parents spliting and therefore didn't know her moving and the subsequent fall out between the two. So yeah, next chapter shall be more Tao things...it involves clubs and alcohol....it was St. Patrick's day....yeah....