Day 25

2013, Year of Us

Friday January 25th, 2013

“Why didn’t you tell me you were a rich kid?” Yu-ki turned to face Jongin beside her.

“You already knew.” He responded simply not bothering to look up from his work. Yu-ki could only stare at him incredulously narrowing her eyes. He did know about her amnesia right? Jongin heaved a sigh and turned to face her. “If it’s any consolation to you, I didn’t tell you the first time either.”

“Why not?” she asked genuinely curious.

“Didn’t think it was important.” Jongin said going back to his work.

“You didn’t think the fact that you’re the only heir to the entire Kim estate was important?” she asked him in confusion. Normally people would want to flaunt that around.

Jongin merely hummed in response.

“Good to know we’re on the same page then.” She told him with a pat on the back.

“I know.” He yawned. “You told me that the first time too.”

Yu-ki smiled to herself happy that her past self hadn’t changed that much. She knew all too well the feeling of having friends who just wanted you as a name dropper. True friends were hard to come across. Yu-ki gladly added Jongin’s name to her internal list of true friends. A list that used to be exclusive with just one name.