Day 79

2013, Year of Us

Wednesday March 20th, 2013

August 27th, 2011
Moving to Seoul for the next four years…is it bad that I don’t feel sad? Seeing my room stripped of all things personal…it’s as if I were never here.

Yu-ki flipped to the previous page. After a phone call from her bother last night, Yu-ki was rudely reminded of her original reason for visiting Vancouver in the first place. She had tried to work on some of her project last night, but seeing as she had no idea who she was before the accident, Yu-ki opted to study up on her past instead.

June 29th, 2011
I am finally done with high school. Everyone says these are the best four years of your life, but I would have to disagree. I cannot wait to move from this place and get to Seoul where no one knows me, on a personal level at least. Then, I can finally live my life.

Reading the journals she had found in her room while in Guangzhou, Yu-ki was slowly becoming familiar with the inner thoughts of her previous self. Apparently during the move to Seoul, she hadn’t bothered to take her journals with her so her latest entries were from 2011, right before she graduated from high school. It quickly became apparent to her that she didn’t exactly enjoy her high school experience and if her run in with her old classmate in Hong Kong was anything to go by, she couldn’t blame herself for feeling that way either.

June 5th, 2011
I’ve done it. I have accepted my offer at SNU. Guess I’ll be moving to Seoul in the fall, who knows, I might like it so much I’ll stay.

May 22nd, 2011
One more month before I can get away from this life. One more week before I hear back from SNU.

April 12th, 2011
Everything is soon coming to an end. In a few months I’m gonna have to decide what I want to do with my life. I’m just waiting on one more before I can.

March 26th, 2011
I heard back from UBC today. I did it. I got into their English program. I could go back to Vancouver and be with mom and Kris. I would probably have to keep my identity a secret though. Kris is telling me how he’s having such a hard time because he’s the professors’ son
.

Wait. Yu-ki re-read that entry. She had applied to UBC? Why didn’t she accept their offer and instead chose to attend school in a foreign country? Yu-ki vaguely remembered the various letters that she had taken from Guangzhou, a few of which were from UBC. Mentally taking note to look at those letters when she got the chance, Yu-ki continued to read her journal.

February 15th, 2011
I got into Guangzhou University. Not really surprised about it. Part of me wants to think that I got in because of my academics, but another, slightly bigger part is telling me that I would just be one huge walking advertisement for them. The daughter of LYK Group attending and graduating from their university is the equivalent to a lifetime of free PR. But I got in, does this mean I actually have a chance of making SNU? Will I be able to beat out others who have known this was their calling for years?

January 12th, 2011
I did it. I closed my eyes and hit submit. All I can do now it wait. I was advised to apply to as many universities as possible, but I’m really only considering UBC, SNU, and GU. The rest I could care less about whether I got in or not, most likely I won’t be going there anyway. I don’t want to get my hopes up though. I mean I’ve only had two years to make a portfolio while others have been doing this for years. I had to teach myself everything I know about photography. It’s too late to regret anything now…in a few months I’ll know the results.

Yu-ki’s concentration broke as a bag was thrown onto the table beside her and the chair squeaked as it scratched the floor. Yu-ki turned her head ready to glare at the brave soul who had decided to sit beside her. However, the moment she saw who it was, her glare was replaced with surprise.

“Taozi.” She breathed. “What are you doing?”

“Getting ready for class, what does it look like?” He replied looking ahead at the front.

“Hey Katie, you don’t mind if we sit next to you right?” James said as he pulled the chair beside Tao.

“Um, not really but-”

“Good.” Tao cut her off. “Class is about to start.” She knew Tao wasn’t deaf to the whispers, and there was no way he was blind to all the blatant stares in their direction. There wasn’t anything she could say to get him to move so she didn’t. Yu-ki simply let out a sigh, and returned to her reading.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: so, there isn't much in this update, a little bit of history I guess but nothing really worth noting (there is if you squint really hard, but I doubt you can pick up on it). Umm, yeah...

Next chapter there will be immense drama. So prepare yourselves for it.

Also, I'm basing the whole applying to University thing on my own real life application process here in Ontario (not the city in California, but the Canadian province (yes I'm Canadian)) so I have no idea what it is like in other places and especially not overseas. The dates used are chronologically correct to the year.

For those that are unfamiliar with the university application process, to put it simply, the end of January is when applications are due and you can get acceptances as early as late February, but  most acceptances go out mid to late March and the last possible date you will hear back from them (in the year of 2011) was May 30th. You can choose to accept any of your offers at anytime, but most usually do it after hearing back from everywhere they applied whether they were accepted, rejected, or given an alternate offer. I think for 2011, the recommended date to accept was June 2nd (so you could apply for dorms and other stuff).